Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russia throws out ban on rude words

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:03 PM

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian senators have thrown out a bill banning the use of foreign or offensive words by Russian politicians, including President Vladimir Putin, to colour public speeches.

The Federation Council (upper house) voted overwhelmingly to reject the measures passed last week by the State Duma (lower house), saying the law to protect the Russian language was an anachronism which would hold back its development.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 11:02 PM

Putin famously launched a 1999 drive against Chechen separatists by vowing to "wipe them out in the shithouse", while recent television footage of nationalist Vladimir Zhirinovsky was aired with most of his speech blotted out

haha, those crazy Russians   biggrin.gif                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users