Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

End of the world

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 20 March 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Why worry about the end? I'd focus more on living a full life.

According to a show on the history channel (don't remember which one), the end signifies the return of christ, so they look forward to it.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#17    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,769 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

I think we are in the end of times,  enough allready with killing animals and destroying the earth.the earth will strike back and it will be around a longer then humans.

#18    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,870 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 21 March 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

According to a show on the history channel (don't remember which one), the end signifies the return of christ, so they look forward to it.
Indeed we do.  Let's examine that a bit.  If He exists then Christ returning would cause quite a stir.  Those who destroy the earth will be destroyed, true.  Bad news for them.  But the rest of us will suddenly be living in a renewed (physically)  world where perfect justice is achieved.  No more crime, starvation, suffering....just to name a few of the things sin causes.  If one doesn't believe in Christ then for now this just seems like the fantasy of a simple minded person.  But even if it WERE a fantasy, why would that person NOT want to see Him return?  And one last point - the "end of the age" just means the end of human control over this planet - not the end of the planet itself.  The current political/economic control of the world will pass away and He will rule.  And those who would prefer that we keep doing what we've been doing for millennia?  They'll be gone.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Yes I would agree that we are at an end time  We are always at an end time, and there are always new beginnings.  Each generation thinks it can do better than the previous generation, and in many ways it often does, although it also invents new ways to mess things up.

#20    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,012 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postand then, on 22 March 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Indeed we do.  Let's examine that a bit.  If He exists then Christ returning would cause quite a stir.  Those who destroy the earth will be destroyed, true.  Bad news for them.  But the rest of us will suddenly be living in a renewed (physically)  world where perfect justice is achieved.  No more crime, starvation, suffering....just to name a few of the things sin causes.  If one doesn't believe in Christ then for now this just seems like the fantasy of a simple minded person.  But even if it WERE a fantasy, why would that person NOT want to see Him return?  And one last point - the "end of the age" just means the end of human control over this planet - not the end of the planet itself.  The current political/economic control of the world will pass away and He will rule.  And those who would prefer that we keep doing what we've been doing for millennia?  They'll be gone.

I think everyone is going to be gone.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#21    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

any moment now ...

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users