Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien theory is not true

Hey everyone, well Id thought Id initiate a thread on why I think the AA theory is NOT true, and right from the beginning I want to clarify some points so folk know where I stand.

First, I do believe that life may well exist on other planets ...somewhere in the huge expanses of space, in fact I think it will be dumb to not believe it.

Whether this life is advanced enough to do space travel is another thing, and even if they could travel through space, I think like us, it may only be within their own solar system, but until we have contact, or probes able to travel such tremendous distances to observe other planets, we simply wont know.

Im splitting what could be a huge post in 3-4 sections, maybe some more - but for now here is the breakdown:

1: The visit. 2: Mission purpose. 3: Description and evidence. 4: Well we shall see!

1: The visit.

So, the AA theory asserts that at some point in time, ancient man was visited by aliens, who settled on earth for some time, helped man build stuff or did it for them... and left again for..wherever.

AS someone who, (like lots of others), 'IS' actually very interested in the subject of aliens, Im afraid that with all my own research, (over 12 years now), the evidence is completely lacking.

The AA crowd will have us believe aliens just arrived, greeted man, and got on with earth living for a while...so lets have a look at some of these things in finer detail.

So who knows how many planets are out there that are 'just like earth'? No-one? No me either! Well heres a pasted snippet that will be useful for starters

"When press releases state that a ‘habitable’ world may have been found, the truth is far more complex. Astronomers and astrobiologists tend to use the term habitable as a shorthand for the presence of liquid water on a planetary surface, implying a range of temperatures between the freezing and boiling point of water. But this also requires a surface atmospheric pressure high enough for water to exist as a liquid without boiling off to vapor, and an atmosphere will alter the transfer of radiation to and from the surface – often by way of a greenhouse effect.

And this is just the beginning. By this simple criterion even the Earth is only partially habitable – about 85% of its area remains amenable to liquid water over a year (a fact that my colleagues Dave Spiegel, Kristen Menou and I reiterated a few years ago). So strictly speaking ‘habitable’ includes a range of environments that we would find appallingly hostile, including high-pressure, high-temperature climates and those in a sub-arctic category with thin atmospheres".

OK so now thats out of the way lets get down to business.

In the typical scenario then, the super advanced AA just touched down on earth, and according to some theorists, stayed here for a couple of thousand years, not really doing much at all except helping with the construction of some...structures.

Now this is my first issue, because it just doesn't work like that. In order to be able to even move in our gravity they would have had to have come from a planet with the same, or very similar gravity. As with man on the moon - who bounced along seemingly as light as a feather, we observe the effects of less gravity on man.

Its therefore not hard to imagine what the effects would be, of even more gravity than earth, on man. Depending on the amount of gravity, we would either not be strong enough to move a muscle or, we would possibly implode.

So to live here in any meaningful way - the gravity has to be just right. . But then, its not just the gravity is it? its our own atmosphere too, its just right for us, but would an alien be able to breath in it? Assuming aliens even breathe that is? Our atmosphere is, Nitrogen- 78%, Oxygen-21%, Other gases (carbondioxide, water vapor etc) 1%. Change those values greatly and life in this planet is in huge trouble.

So, the gravity has to be just right for the aliens, as does the atmosphere. So the odds already increase.

Then we have our daylight, or the suns radiation if you like. As an Englishman used to english summers, I have been badly sunburnt while abroad. In other words, Ive been literally nuked just going to another country! (lert alone another planet)

So are we to believe then, that not only did aliens find, amongst billions of other solar systems, our little blue planet - with just the right amount of gravity, AND just the right atmosphere, AND just the right amount of solar radiation, (sunshine) so as not to burn them to blisters? While having the 'right' type of eyes to be able to even see anything with our spectrum of light?

I mean what are the odds on it all coming together like that? Remember the above pasted text about habitable planets?

To further enhance a point, we have discovered an earth like plant called Kepler. But dont be fooled by the description as nothing is ever so simple, and again I paste some text:

"The planet, Kepler 22-b, lies about 600 light-years away and is about 2.4 times the size of Earth, and models suggest it has a temperature of about 22C. It is the closest confirmed planet yet to one like ours - an "Earth 2.0". However, the team does not yet know if Kepler 22-b is made mostly of rock, gas or liquid".

OK so the most earth like planet we find, in fact also has 2.5 times the gravity, so we will find it virtually impossible getting about there. The gravity basically means that if something weighed ten kilos on our Earth, it will weigh 25 kilos on Kepler, so while its 'earthlike' we couldn't live there!

So - these very lucky aliens then - not only found a planet where they could move in its gravity, but were also unaffected by its solar radiation, and had eyes that functioned in our light spectrum.

A lot of co-incidences there just for starters. And they apparently came when man was on this earth. Believe it or not it was only a hundred years or so ago, before Doctors, yes Doctors/Surgeons, were made aware that washing their hands before interacting with patients cut down the risk of further infection!

Now the aliens allegedly dealt with the ancient man! How much hygiene did the ancients practice? NONE! And every creature on the planet has parasites that live off it, (incl us), and bacteria that live in it.

So, the aliens found a planet with ideal gravity, an agreeable amount of solar radiation, with an agreeable atmosphere! Not only that, but they must have been totally immune to 'filthy ancient man', and every other living things parasites/bacteria, not to mention the air born stuff.

Now the odds have increased by a ridiculous amount haven't they? But then we are informed they were here a few thousand years, so that means they had to eat and drink as well. So their digestive systems were also ideally suited to a diet of animal proteins, vegetable matter, and even our water supply? Get outta here!

I mean how far fetched does it get? How many coincidences must there be?

Well this is enough for the part 1 bit. Part 2 will be about: The (alleged) Mission purpose

• Like 8

Great thread/post, I hope mods do not close it as expressing personal facts

• Like 1

Great thread/post, I hope mods do not close it as expressing personal facts

Cheers for that! :tu:

why would he mods close it? zoser on the other thread insists they were building stuff all round the world, (and thats a fact man :yes: to him!)... thats his personal beliefs and the thread is still open! If its OK to talk about aliens its also OK to be anti-aliens!

Oh, sweet Jesus, not another one!

:clap: hehe well you don't have to read it, do you?. Or comment.

• Like 1

Maybe if we get these out of the way, Zoser won't have to keep bringing them up over & over & over & over.

Sausages.

Vitrification.

Incredible Precision.

There.

• Like 5

Cheers for that! :tu:

why would he mods close it? zoser on the other thread insists they were building stuff all round the world, (and thats a fact man :yes: to him!)... thats his personal beliefs and the thread is still open! If its OK to talk about aliens its also OK to be anti-aliens!

Fully agree, but I've seen, and contributed to, threads where the OP has posted the results/conclusions of proper research, only for the thread to be closed for expressing personal fact.

Maybe if we get these out of the way, Zoser won't have to keep bringing them up over & over & over & over.

Sausages.

Vitrification.

Incredible Precision.

There.

well it takes a few hits off the other boring thread doesn't it? But If he even posts a single pic of stones here Im going to have to complain about thread hijacking, he even pasted his pics on another thread I made...totally unrelated to aliens...sigh . troll is one thing...but a stalker too?

Fully agree, but I've seen, and contributed to, threads where the OP has posted the results/conclusions of proper research, only for the thread to be closed for expressing personal fact.

was it anything to do with diet/nutrition or natural drugs? If so I can understand it... but as in the title of the thread, Im just talking about the AA 'theory' not being true... but we shall see I guess!

Pay attention to this. Have any of you heard of vitrification?

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

Pay attention to this. Have any of you heard of vitrification?

tumblr_llxs6ypWoP1qd9ygf.jpg

• Like 5

Looking forward to part two. I once beieved in AA but then you realize everyone lies and when money is to be made people will add a little spice to sell more copies. I still have a copy of Chariots of the Gods but now smile when I come across it on my bookshelf.

• Like 5

Looking forward to part two. I once beieved in AA but then you realize everyone lies and when money is to be made people will add a little spice to sell more copies. I still have a copy of Chariots of the Gods but now smile when I come across it on my bookshelf.

:tu: Absolutely right! Ive debunked many of the AA money spinners for what they are.... but you get to realise that while some rational people who may have believed the AA BS have now become skeptics themselves...the worrying thing is, there are others who just accept it as a fact, despite the total lack of evidence..

Hence why Im writing this thread.. to try and make some people think, actually think, about how daft it all is

• Like 1

Good job seeder! I am sure most AA supporters do not even think about it from your standpoint. Too much Star Trek me thinks.

Beyond the physical limitations is the why? I am sure you'll hit the nail on the head with that one too.

• Like 3

Good job seeder! I am sure most AA supporters do not even think about it from your standpoint. Too much Star Trek me thinks.

Beyond the physical limitations is the why? I am sure you'll hit the nail on the head with that one too.

Don't knock Star Trek mate. It's great entertainment, same as Star Wars, or Firefly for example.

seeder did a great job laying out this thread. I do agree totally.

• Like 2

The only issue I havewith this is that it underestimates ancient people.

• Like 2

The only issue I havewith this is that it underestimates ancient people.

Thats a good point, but I think you may have meant to post on the AA is true thread(?). I for one will never underestimate ancient man! But I will get to that bit later in the discussion! Cheers

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Don't knock Star Trek mate. It's great entertainment, same as Star Wars, or Firefly for example.

Cheers Searcher! Well for new readers on the other AA thread- there's way too much info posted to easily find where I criticize that theory, so I thought why not a fresh thread! Plus Im sick to death of rock pics!

Im glad someone touched on the Star Trek bit, as I think that a lot of people actually think we can, (or aliens for that matter) just zoom on over to a planet and land and chat and laugh and play etc. Its only the later series where they all got older - that they were even shown occasionally wearing space suits! In the original series of course they just beamed down to whatever planet, with no need for spacesuits or helmets/breathing apparatus, perfect gravity, and everyone spoke English and the Captain got to pull whatever sassy alien females he found! Ha if only

So yes I think the entire subject needs an injection of realism, and hopefully I may be able to bring some to the table

Given that there are people who firmly believe it is scientific fact that something just slightly more complex than a molecule somehow became alive, and through the offices of extreme lengths of time, fantastic luck in compiling just the right mutations in just the right sequences and combination, and pure random chance called "natural selection" is the common ancestor of all life on the planet and that this same process must have taken place in countless planets throughout the universe despite the ridiculously huge coincidences required, your argument that AA Theory is not valid due to the coincidences required seems weak.

Given that there are people who firmly believe it is scientific fact that something just slightly more complex than a molecule somehow became alive, and through the offices of extreme lengths of time, fantastic luck in compiling just the right mutations in just the right sequences and combination, and pure random chance called "natural selection" is the common ancestor of all life on the planet and that this same process must have taken place in countless planets throughout the universe despite the ridiculously huge coincidences required, your argument that AA Theory is not valid due to the coincidences required seems weak.

I must admit that the arguments that are often put forward as to how incredibly improbable it must be for intelligent life to develop, and how many factors had to be just right, and how so many things had to happen at just the right time in just the right way, which are often used as arguments for how rare Extreterrestrial life must be, do sound suspiciously like arguments for the existence of God, or of some kind of intelligence behind the process at least ... :innocent:

• Like 1

Not knocking. I am not a HUGE fan of Star Trek but I'm one of those people that saw Star Wars back in the day 48 times! (something like 36 years ago). :tsu: