Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Ancient Alien theory

ancient astronauts gravitics cipher robert a. patterson

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#1081    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image
woah!  it took me a few seconds to spot the edibles. :tu:

View Postthird_eye, on 24 May 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

The pyramids I like to see be debated is the construction of the pyramids of the ancients ... not something that can be made to look like a pyramid shape

:tu:
LOL
Posted Image

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#1082    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,958 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 24 May 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

Slavetofate,

Other than openly boasting your colors for the ever trendy "anti AA theory" team flag, its only a shame you cant answer any of the specific questions I countered psyche with relating to evidence.

You see its not just that I happen to be open minded to the Ancient astronaut theory., but because presently there is a joke of a supply of currently accepted so called evidence and minimal facts in the overall picture that add up when examining ancient history that it leads me to shake my head whenever anyone sais its no mystery and that its all understood. Which leads me to only look into the possibilites that under normal circumstance would seem laughable.

I also find it utterly useless when one sais that my views are ridiculous because theyre wrong but they themselves cannot back up why they adhere to in opposing view , (which of course is always that of the prestigious acedemic stance where someone else had used their brains to conclude) regarding the "facts" , other than synopsizing acedemics words and follow it by plastering links from where those words were taken. As if i hadnt already previously read all that before foolishly expressing my opposing views on the issue.

The point of a forum is to use your own brain and your own words other than glorifyng what is right and wrong by others standards of acceptance. But that along with pictures of shovels and the occasional REALLY big word in with the response to appear as one of superior intellect is all they really just pop in here and do.  
Because to truly make an argument in your own words which would only be genuine on behalf of believing in the so called facts , by doing so you would have to fully examine the evidence and then putting the pieces of the puzzle together yourself which other than reading about (that you naively seem so content to so quickly accept), you are just simply arguing nothing more than making a point to show whether you agree with what i say.
And really noone can care. Whats important is that you have something else to say which would open others minds into contending. You know something original that others havent heard before. Like I am saying here. Youll find no link to this.

And thanks for the drill link. And your lack of an opinion as to why its absolutely crucial. Which is not shocking.  That explains nothing and I absolutely disagree given what I said above.
Now go ahead and reply by telling me how wrong I am. Especially since you were around 5-10, 000 years ago to show me pictures of what really happend as proof.

Don't mistake my indifference to your quandary as simple ignorance. I've been over all of this before several times before you deigned to grace us with your presence. Over several hundred pages worth of debate actually. You aren't covering any new ground here, I haven't seen you present anything that I haven't seen before. I'm just weary of it all to be honest.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#1083    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,742 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 24 May 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

~snip

i dont know for sure BUT because its still standing AND because the way the blocks were cut in an l shape to hug one another is enough proof to architects. needless to say the fine craftsmanship is quite advanced for cave dwellers.
the pyramid consists of those L shaped pieces also in certain areas. hence its still standing. (after a few million years). which i surmise.
remember this post , for one day itll be proven. maybe.

Posted Image

oh noes ....  ?

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#1084    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 24 May 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

[img]https://m.ak.fbcdn.n...088666904_n.jpg[img]

oh noes ....  ?

Oh come on I had to go there . Just once .

Edited by Sheep Smart, 24 May 2013 - 01:24 PM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#1085    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,742 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

~note

View PostSheep Smart, on 24 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Oh come on I had to go there . Just once .

I shall not interfere ...

a note though ... could possibly please 'edit' out repeated images from posts that are too close in the sequence ?
too many oft repeated images are just an eyesore .... makes me uncomfortable as most images are currently of my posts ...

thanks in advance ... sorry for the inconveniences and appreciate you cooperation ...

:tu:

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#1086    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 24 May 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Don't mistake my indifference to your quandary as simple ignorance. I've been over all of this before several times before you deigned to grace us with your presence. Over several hundred pages worth of debate actually. You aren't covering any new ground here, I haven't seen you present anything that I haven't seen before. I'm just weary of it all to be honest.

Oooh quandary is a BIG word. Must have taken awhile to find that one.
Posted Image
"Several hundred pages worth of debate" later (which shouldve boosted your expertise) and youre still unable to produce your thesis summarizing the exact method in which the GP was constructed.

#1087    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,462 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 24 May 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

I thought he did it by Levitation by means of Sound Waves?
No, he used the electric winch inside the box at the top of the tripod in the picture that was provided.

Posted Image

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#1088    Harte

Harte

• 9,462 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 24 May 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

"Several hundred pages worth of debate" later (which shouldve boosted your expertise) and youre still unable to produce your thesis summarizing the exact method in which the GP was constructed.
The above presupposes that there is only one way that pyramids can be constructed.  If that were so, then it might be possible to state the "exact method."

However, pyramids could have been build, by humans alone, via several different methods.

Hence, it is a vacant argument to state that, if no ET interference was involved, then one should be able to state the "exact" method for pyramid construction.

After all, if one chooses to believe that the GP was constructed using help from aliens, then why is it that such a person is unable to state the "exact method" the aliens used?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#1089    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostHarte, on 24 May 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

No, he used the electric winch inside the box at the top of the tripod in the picture that was provided.
In other words, he cheated :whistle: ;)

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#1090    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

'Harte' timestamp='1369403320' post='4786149'

The above presupposes that there is only one way that pyramids can be constructed.  If that were so, then it might be possible to state the "exact method."
Except the mention of GP which you overlooked would clearly indicate my reference to the GREAT PYRAMID.

Hence, it is a vacant argument to state that, if no ET interference was involved, then one should be able to state the "exact" method for pyramid construction.
Next time read and ackowledge the actual statement, hence the irrelevance and utter ignorance.

After all, if one chooses to believe that the GP was constructed using help from aliens, then why is it that such a person is unable to state the "exact method" the aliens used?
so you DID ACKNOWLEDGE that I specified the GP., and after all that crap ....amazing.

I dont state anything was absolutely built by aliens, never did. I barely even mention the word aliens.  My interest lies in the evidence that cannot be unaccounted for which is the structures that are in questiin. Due to an obvious array of limited knowledge let alone evidence, the  possibilty of AA is feasible. Its no more likely than claiming we know without question how the GP was built.
Now if im admitting that how would I claim to know what they used to build it and with what methods. ? Next time read my prior arguments before you so foolishly interject.

#1091    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,958 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 24 May 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

I dont state anything was absolutely built by aliens, never did. I barely even mention the word aliens.  My interest lies in the evidence that cannot be unaccounted for which is the structures that are in questiin.

So you question the orthodox theories of the construction of the Great Pyramid (despite the history of pyramid building in Egypt which would logically evolve to 'bigger and better' over time). That's fine by me however to deride those same theories without providing any answers yourself seems a tad hypocritical. What is your preferred theory if not 'aliens did it'?

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#1092    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,958 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 24 May 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

I admit that I don't know the exact method of construction of the Great Pyramid. No one does. I do know enough that I can unequivocally (another one! I got a million of em...) state that it was without alien intervention. Reading and researching about the works of ancient man has instilled in me a profound respect for their knowledge and abilities. Nothing that has come across yet has indicated to me that the pyramids, or any other megalithic structure, were beyond the realm of human ingenuity.

#1093    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

The problem I'm seeing here is that we know pretty well what they tools they had on hand were and we know generally how they were used and generally how they built the pyramids but unless one can acquire a time machine and go back to observe them actually being built, no one can say precisely how they were built in any kind of step by step detail.  Something else we know is that the process of building one after another, including the failures, helped them improve their Mad Pyramid Building Skillz and develop new methods.  It's not outside the realm of possibility that several different methods were used to accomplish the same task in any given structure including the GP (which I keep wanting to read as General Purpose) with the difference being attributable to different parts of the structure, different "teams", different bosses, etc.  These are details that, in the end, would make no difference because they achieved the same ends but they also louse up any hope of saying specifically that they were built in thus and so manner.

Lemme give an example.  We have crews (supervisor, painter & helper [whose task it is to take the blame in case anything's messed up] and I think a driver) that go out every year or so to paint fire hydrants.  I've seen a few and something I've noticed is that not all do it the same way.  Some start at the top and work down, doing the side thingies as they go.  Some do the side thingies then the main body.  Some do it the other way around.  In every case, the end result is the same - a painted fire hydrant - but the specific methods are different.

Now, let's look at the idea that ancient astronauts stopped by to lend a hand.  Why?  Who knows.  Maybe their ship broke down and they had to wait for parts to be flown in so didn't have anything better to do.  Nothing worse than a bored alien, y'know.  Anyway, not one AA supporter has been able to say with any precision how the aliens did their thing.  Not one.  The most commonly read/heard word is "maybe."  Supposition at best and more along the lines of wild statements with absolutely no supporting evidence.  Not even an alien gum wrapper.  One of the more amusing explanations of that is that the Vatican hid it all and are suppressing The Truth.  That's another aspect of AA, that there is invariably some sort of conspiracy theory attached to it.  Several, in fact.  Apparently, a lot of people were really, really busy hiding Da Trut'.  Anyway, while evidence exists to support the more mundane explanations, the devout AAists have nothing.  All they can do is complain that those who don't support AA can't explain in detail how they were built which automatically says It Had To Be AIL-E-UNZ.

And before anyone says anything, I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone but rather expressing my own observations on the subject (and related ones) from the past couple of years of being here.  S2F, Psyche and a few others have all seen the same things and we've all encountered the Flaming True Believers (FTBs) who swear up and down that there's no other conceivable explanation, totally ignoring the fact that they've got nothing real to back their claims ... and totally ignoring anything that disagrees with their belief set.  It's a religion in all but name for them; they don't need proof because They Believe!

Okay, I'm tired.  I've been up all night dealing with demons I wouldn't wish on anyone and I have to try to get some rest.  Maybe I'll even be able to sleep though, at the moment, that's a bit much to hope for.

Latez, folks.  I'm outies.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#1094    Harte

Harte

• 9,462 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Except the mention of GP which you overlooked would clearly indicate my reference to the GREAT PYRAMID.

Next time read and ackowledge the actual statement, hence the irrelevance and utter ignorance.
And please enlighten us as to why you believe that the GP might have been built with the aid of aliens, but not Kahfre's pyramid, or the Red Pyramid, both of which are entirely comparable to Kuhfu's?

There's hardly a hair's-breadth difference between these three.  If you can't believe one of them was built by the Egyptians (alone,) then how is it you can believe the others were?

Or is it you that is ignorant of the hundreds of pyramids in Egypt?

Also, perhaps you are unaware that many temples in Egypt contain stones far larger than anything found in any pyramid.  Why aren't you claiming that these are anomalous as well?

I dont state anything was absolutely built by aliens, never did. I barely even mention the word aliens.  My interest lies in the evidence that cannot be unaccounted for which is the structures that are in questiin. Due to an obvious array of limited knowledge let alone evidence, the  possibilty of AA is feasible. Its no more likely than claiming we know without question how the GP was built.
Nobody has ever claimed to know without question exactly how any pyramid was built.  On the other hand, there are a great many people in the world that know far more than you do about any pyramid in Egypt.

The general means of construction for the GP is well-known.  It is a mass of odd-shaped rocks mortared together around and on a small hill, with rough-cut limestone blocks stacked and mortared around it, finished off with particularly fine white limestone (from Tura) to which particular attention was paid by craftsmen during installation.

Several granite slabs are included above some chambers to hold the weight from above so these chambers don't suffer a cave-in.

The slabs were almost certainly installed using the Grand Gallery as a ramp, with counterweights on the other side of the pyramid, while the construction was underway.

Regarding the limestone, over half of the mass of any pyramid is in the bottom third of the construct.  Straight-on ramps on all sides could have been easily used to put far more than half the stones in place in a very short time.  Afterward, once too great a height was reached for straight-on ramps, spiral ramps could have been employed.

Also mentioned was the internal ramp, a spiral ramp on the inside of the structure that may have been filled once the top was reached by backtracking down the spiral tunnel.

Stone is simply not as hard to move as people want to believe.  Also, limestone is exceedingly easy to saw and chisel.  So, what's the question here?

Now if im admitting that how would I claim to know what they used to build it and with what methods. ? Next time read my prior arguments before you so foolishly interject.
Nothing foolish about my interjection at all.  Look at your own demand:

You demand a summary of "the exact method" of pyramid construction.  How about this, can you provide a summary of the exact method by which your own home was constructed?

Unless you built it yourself, I think not.  So, how much more ridiculous is a demand of the "exact method" used by long-dead people some 2,600 years ago?

Harte

#1095    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 24 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I admit that I don't know the exact method of construction of the Great Pyramid. No one does. I do know enough that I can unequivocally (another one! I got a million of em...) state that it was without alien intervention. Reading and researching about the works of ancient man has instilled in me a profound respect for their knowledge and abilities. Nothing that has come across yet has indicated to me that the pyramids, or any other megalithic structure, were beyond the realm of human ingenuity.

Admitting takes a lot of chutzpah. :)

[b] Let me explain something my sesame street friends;
While i do believe there is other intelligent life out there which have been here undoubetly I still dont necessarily adhere to the idea that they built or assisted humans with building the great pyramid ( which is not related to the other pyramids since i believe it was built long before). My actual theory is a bit more realistic. I think humans built it. However i think they had the means to do so with knowlegde of some sorts thats been lost.
They may have developed techniques that we just havent rediscovered yet.
And understand something else,. To take the time and interest in desputing the "facts" would be ludicrous if I hadnt already examined them already.
If in time more solid evidence arises whereby showing more understanding as to how it was built I have no problem accepting It. But until then im not content with the stuff being dished out. By saying aliens must have built it is just as pointless as saying; well although I dont believe what Egyptology sais im gonna have to accept it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users