Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Ancient Alien theory

ancient astronauts gravitics cipher robert a. patterson

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#76    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

You might do If I contribute,

As soon as I have time I'll post some findings here so that no one misses out with there being dual threads.

I do not think two threads with 600 pages of the same stupid question is considered an actual contribution. Don't feel pressured to help with the post count or anything. I am sure the boys can do fine with real information, you have your thread for fantasy Aliens.

View PostLord Vetinari, on 21 March 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

accusing people of deliberately breaking the rules in order to troll? That's scraping the barrel of desperation, isn't it?

Whilst that it is, it is not unexpected.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#77    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The stonework will always be the killer though.

The most solid tangible evidence and it will never be destroyed.

It is indeed solid tangible evidence that you are not an engineer, and have not an inkling about building principals. Everyone else in the forum has learned more about stone masonry then they every expected or wanted to. Only one person remained in the dark, you. And we can see that it is deliberate.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#78    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Saying of Zoser:

Two AA threads are better than one.

I'll just wait for the right moment to strike.  Once the philosophy is spent, Zoser will enter the room like a heat seeking missile.

See you soon.

Don't be angry please.

There is still much more to be revealed.

Repeating the same inane question over and again is not "revealing" anything more than deliberate ignorance.

#79    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Watch the first few minutes of this.  Hutchinson demonstrates powering a small motor from a lump of rock.

Embarrassing. A few electromagnets can fool you hey.

LINK

Edited by psyche101, 22 March 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#80    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

View Postseeder, on 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

take a read of this, it does offer a glimmer of hope

http://www.extremete...s-are-plausible

Not to burst anyones bubble but from that link:

This is certainly exciting news, but it’s important to remember that the true breakthrough — proof that Alcubierre’s designs actually work — do not exist.

#81    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,885 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 March 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Embarrassing. A few electromagnets can fool you hey.

LINK

That actually explains a lot...sadly.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#82    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 March 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

That actually explains a lot...sadly.

Cheers,
Badeskov

:w00t:

I just had to express that :D

Good to se you around mate.

#83    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 March 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

:w00t:

I just had to express that :D

Finally, there is a website devoted solely to 9/11 "anomalies" at the World Trade Center [WTC] that are being attributed to the Hutchison effect. It's quite inventive. Many readers will be surprised to find out that "free energy technology, related to Hutchison Effect technology, was used to destroy the majority of the WTC complex [on 9/11].

Posted Image

Edited by Slave2Fate, 22 March 2013 - 05:23 AM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#84    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 March 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

All work and no play, am I right, Badeskov? :)  If for nothing else, take some time off,... I miss reading your posts.

Also,... Its been a while since someone stuck his face in the toilet as far down as poor zoser did with the Hutchison Effect. :lol:

People really need to check their sources.

Edited by Hazzard, 22 March 2013 - 09:19 AM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#85    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,855 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postseeder, on 21 March 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

But Ive not completely made my argument yet.  As said there will be a few sections! Each building on the previous...
But are you willing to grant that your first argument is not really very strong?

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#86    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,855 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 21 March 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

That's ridiculous. Convergeant evolution is proof life will adapt to fil a niche despite it's origin, all you are looking for is a creationist argument, are you sick of the S&S forum? What does the initial spark of life have to do with the debate about Megalithic Structures's and proof that man constructed them, not the fanciful claims the resident zealot troll has made in the forum with as well as simply lying all along the way? The methods here show the claims on the AA show, which are echoed through their trolling mouthpiece here have indeed been in every way refuted soundly and examples given that do live up the their claims, unlike the clams made by the credulous zealot running around with the tin foil hat on his head. I do not think a thread about the AA show is an appropriate place for a p***ing contest about God. A forum exists for that purpose already.
The argument is certainly valid, it might pay to pont out any grievances you have with it instead of pushing the creationist argument in a subtle manner. Are the ET whacko's a last resort for creationist recruits or something? Simon Conway Morris seems to have a decent grasp on the subject you are approaching, but here there is no doubt that the claims made to date by the aforementioned sources are indeed outright lies that have been created to embellish a tall tale, obviously to make a few dollars from a poorly evidence entertainment show, and have been soundly refuted with verifiable means and evidences. If you have a problem with poorly evidenced claims for the intital spark of life, then you really ought to be more than disgusted in the claims made the the resident troll, and the outlandishly poor quality of the so called "History Channel" series. It is after all, and extreme and deliberate example of that which you protest.
I understand your naturalist religious views might have taken a hit there and you, like any good religious zealot, feel you have to strike back, and your reading comprehension may have also frizted out in that moment of religious self doubt, but if you notice, the actual point I was making was that the argument that all the necessary coincidences required for extra-terrestrial intelligent beings to visit Earth make it so unlikely an event as to of themselves prove this never happened is weak since the theory--or theories really--of natural descent from a common ancestor require such fantastic coincidences and so many of them as to make the coincidences required for alien visitation seem trivial in comparison and yet those theories are supposedly good science.

What about the refutation of the silly claims made by AA proponents in the above example would you call a "weak argument"?
My argument was not directed at these examples simply at the argument based on coincidences.

Edited by IamsSon, 22 March 2013 - 11:55 AM.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#87    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 22 March 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

I prefer this one, because damned but it's needed

Posted Image

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#88    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 4,057 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postzoser, on 21 March 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Watch the first few minutes of this.  Hutchinson demonstrates powering a small motor from a lump of rock.

Now tell us Zoser... why it is generating the power?

#89    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 22 March 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

I understand your naturalist religious views might have taken a hit there and you, like any good religious zealot, feel you have to strike back, and your reading comprehension may have also frizted out in that moment of religious self doubt, but if you notice, the actual point I was making was that the argument that all the necessary coincidences required for extra-terrestrial intelligent beings to visit Earth make it so unlikely an event as to of themselves prove this never happened is weak since the theory--or theories really--of natural descent from a common ancestor require such fantastic coincidences and so many of them as to make the coincidences required for alien visitation seem trivial in comparison and yet those theories are supposedly good science.

My argument was not directed at these examples simply at the argument based on coincidences.

The idea that aliens are easier to grasp coming here versus life evolving from a single ancestor is ridiculous  What you are saying, I gather, is that life could evolve on another planet to the point of extreme intelligence, come here, muck about and then leave. We may have evolved from a single life form, but it branched out into millions (guessing there). It is not like there is a single line straight to the first bacteria. It also likely took many millions of years for anything to happen at all. I'll freely admit, I cannot imagine things on that scale but I am able to grasp the idea that A LOT of things can happen of that period of time.

So if it is more likely that aliens came here versus or evolution, where did the aliens come from?

#90    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 22 March 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I prefer this one, because damned but it's needed

Posted Image

I like this one.  I saved it and the link but now my list of links is gone so I can't credit the actual person who made it.  i Think it's based on Picard

. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . _________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users