Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Ancient Alien theory

ancient astronauts gravitics cipher robert a. patterson

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#946    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 April 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Yes I can imagine that scenario alright...wonder if or how many others were blocked? They cant have JUST willing believers now can they? Mind you on FB a like means nothing really.. nor does befriending, many do the befriending bit just to get their friend list up so they dont look like like the lonely gits they really are..
ROFL ... I made a policy of only friending people I knew or any lovely young things of legal age who were willing to be my total and complete slave forever.  The latter would only happen after they were here and in my evil clutches.  Somehow I didn't get any takers.  Weird. <_<

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#947    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,295 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostKludge808, on 17 April 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Heh, they'd really love you, they would.  I dumped out of FB a couple months ago although I may go back under an alias.  I have several I can use ... including a couple pen names I've used in the past.  Hmmm ... Now there's an interesting thought ... Bwaaahahaha

It is a thought indeed!! I jacked in the FB after just 2 years. Not only have I got a cranky brother who would write stuff on my wall that was...shall we just say very negative...(family crap), but I just found it  weird to be honest, strangers trying to friend me just coz I knew one of their friends,  seeing couples talk to each other on FB when they lived in the same damn house... very odd,  seeing people post a pic of their dinner and everyone else liking it...weirder still.....and then a mate posted one night... "Isnt FB crap tonight?"....and Im thinking WTF? Its not a bloody nightclub is it?   And then a GF would insist I changed my relationship status to being in a relationship, which usually peed off all my other GF's.... ahh...I dunno.. it has its uses I guess. But so does email, text and phone calls

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#948    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the FB page in question has posers act like skeptics only to have them shot down by the "experts'.

Now I sound like one of the CT'ers :devil:

Edited because apparently I cannot see the red underline for incorrect spelling even though I saw it my brain said f-it.

Edited by Esoteric Toad, 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#949    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

It is a thought indeed!! I jacked in the FB after just 2 years. Not only have I got a cranky brother who would write stuff on my wall that was...shall we just say very negative...(family crap), but I just found it  weird to be honest, strangers trying to friend me just coz I knew one of their friends,  seeing couples talk to each other on FB when they lived in the same damn house... very odd,  seeing people post a pic of their dinner and everyone else liking it...weirder still.....and then a mate posted one night... "Isnt FB crap tonight?"....and Im thinking WTF? Its not a bloody nightclub is it?   And then a GF would insist I changed my relationship status to being in a relationship, which usually peed off all my other GF's.... ahh...I dunno.. it has its uses I guess. But so does email, text and phone calls
Hmmm ... sounds about right.  I've never really quite understood the appeal to FB but then I'm an old fart and have all the people I really want to know on hand on UM, on an assortment of mail lists (most related to ham radio & machining) and here at the Home for Wayward Old Goats ... er, vets residence.  I thought it would be entertaining but it proved otherwise.

#950    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the FB page in question has posers act like skeptics only to have them shot down by the "experts'.

Now I sound like one of the CT'ers :devil:
*snicker* ... that sounds like something that I'd do only in reverse - a skeptic going in and acting like an FTB, making more and more utterly fantastic - and unverifiable - claims to get them all fired up.

Edited because apparently I cannot see the red underline for incorrect spelling even though I saw it my brain said f-it.
While I usually pay some attention to the spill chucker, sometimes I ignore it and hit the "Post" button despite all the Oopsie underlines.

#951    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostKludge808, on 17 April 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

*snicker* ... that sounds like something that I'd do only in reverse - a skeptic going in and acting like an FTB, making more and more utterly fantastic - and unverifiable - claims to get them all fired up.

While I usually pay some attention to the spill chucker, sometimes I ignore it and hit the "Post" button despite all the Oopsie underlines.
Well I figure what I lack in knowledge I can try and make up in spelling things correctly :tu:

#952    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,295 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 17 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Well I figure what I lack in knowledge I can try and make up in spelling things correctly :tu:

Has your phone got auto correct? (theres an entire website devoted to GENUINE auto-correct fails)

Posted Image

http://www.autocorrectfail.org/

haha I love reading them!

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#953    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Has your phone got auto correct? (theres an entire website devoted to GENUINE auto-correct fails)

Posted Image

I have a Nexus 7. Fortunately I haven't had any errors even close to those types....I may type faster than I think but I triple check the words it selects.....most of the time!

#954    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,295 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 17 April 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

I have a Nexus 7. Fortunately I haven't had any errors even close to those types....I may type faster than I think but I triple check the words it selects.....most of the time!

hehe... I make endless typos all the trime, and most of my posts get edited.  Plus my fingers tend to hit 2 keys at the same time so I get a word5 like that with a number in it!

#955    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Bookmarked ... after I got back in the chair after falling off of it laughing assorted anatomical pieces off.

#956    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,295 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostKludge808, on 17 April 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Bookmarked ... after I got back in the chair after falling off of it laughing assorted anatomical pieces off.

:tu:   see page 2, last post but one re the grandma.... eww!  :w00t:

And these are all, allegedly - totally genuine! Dont see why not really, I do exact same with my phone! (except post it online of course!)

#957    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

misanthropic nihilist

• 26,161 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

I like on page 7: "I just accepted Jesus so I have to fart."

:unsure2:

One of the few that can be quoted on here.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#958    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,295 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 17 April 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

I like on page 7: "I just accepted Jesus so I have to fart."

:unsure2:

One of the few that can be quoted on here.

yeh youre right about that, I wasnt even sure if the pic I posted was 'safe' enough... still, nice to have a giggle and break from alienenz!!

#959    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,450 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

You gotta Love a Good Alien probing ! :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#960    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostKludge808, on 17 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Or through some really good recreational drugs.

Really really really good ones then......

View Postseeder, on 17 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I still have FB, then again I do work a lot with musicians in my spare time and since they love using it for promotion of their bands, I have at least some use to it. Also I have warned family and friends that the first one bringing private stuff into the virtual arena, will get a real life boot up their rear end. This threat has worked ok so far. As to the food pics and such, I just tend to ignore those, since people tend to be silly about these things.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users