Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dead in a Dream

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,408 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

They say when you dream of death it means rebirth, someone `s pregnant:):)

#17    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 22 March 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

It seems strange to me that posters here are equating dying in a dream with dying in 'real life'. I've mainly thought of death in a dream as purely symbolic or, rarely, a premonition.

I agree.
How does it even make sense to say?
I mean- how would the Medical Examiner be able to tell?

I remember, years ago, dreaming that I fell a long way to my death after struggling to hang onto a crumbling old medieval tower.
First person perspective.
Felt the butterflies, the approaching panic and not so much an impact but rather a forced ejection from my mangled body.
Thinking: 'That wasn't so bad...', I flew into the night.

So yeah, that was a very symbolic dream reflecting a point in my life I was dreading but really was a huge relief once it was all over.

#18    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,373 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostHDesiato, on 24 March 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

I agree.
How does it even make sense to say?
I mean- how would the Medical Examiner be able to tell?

I remember, years ago, dreaming that I fell a long way to my death after struggling to hang onto a crumbling old medieval tower.
First person perspective.
Felt the butterflies, the approaching panic and not so much an impact but rather a forced ejection from my mangled body.
Thinking: 'That wasn't so bad...', I flew into the night.

So yeah, that was a very symbolic dream reflecting a point in my life I was dreading but really was a huge relief once it was all over.

Yes, I think your subconscious, through dreaming, pushes you through something you are so frightened of you can't even begin to contemplate it ...... and safely out the other side(usually to something better). It just points out to you that there is more than likely something good and positive on the other side of that 'brick wall'.

Edited by ouija ouija, 24 March 2013 - 06:48 PM.

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#19    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 20 March 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

So in the dream--it was pretty lucid--I knocked on a door then some guy approached from outside who suprisingly shot me twice with his .22. Both bullets went into my right side so I ran away...running with my dogs trying to get home...but I had to lay down and I actually died there in that dream.

Anyone else ever wake up dead in a dream?

Hi Mark, I think that the man with a gun is emerged from an archetype. Seems to be pretty common. Remember I asked you in PM if you saw any dreams associated with death during shadow activity? Maybe such dreams were meant to persuade you for your journey. What is your theory BTW?

I never die in my dreams. If there is any dream related to death or destruction, usually I'm the one hunting others but if someone/something is about to overpower me I just sort of "teleport" to some other place.

View PostKazahel, on 22 March 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

I played around with that theory when I was about 17. I first tested it on my friends though. I went lucid one night and slit a friends throat to test if it would kill him in real life.

I saw in a lucid dream my friend being attacked by a grim dog and his throat lacerated and bleeding profusely, next day he told me of being attacked by a grim dog in his sleep at the same time, he got very minor injuries to his throat in real life. I believe that the so called "repercussion" is possible but the effect on the physical may not be as much as seen on the astral counterpart.

#20    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

I died a few times and I usually wake up upon dying.

Once I was chopped up by an axe and I floated out my body and watch what was being done with my body parts for a few mins before waking.

In another I was in a truck outside a house and I got out and enter the house but rememeber trying not to be seen, though the people inside "corner" me yet they didnt see me when they should of. I approach them but found they really could not see me. I then notice I was not even walking but floating in mid air. I panic and try to get out the house but unable to grasp any door or go thru any wall. I then found a window open and escape thru it and went back to my truck only to find my dead body in the driver seat.

Edited by A Shadow, 24 March 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#21    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 21 March 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

I was in a car wreck in a dream once then found myself outside of the wreck, but in the dream I knew I was dead in the car. It was not a pleasent feeling. Mostly because I thought I would have to leave my kids.

I had the same dream not too long ago.

I was driving fast in a car on the freeway, about to hit stopped traffic in front of me. I braced for the impact, but right before I hit my view switched from being inside the car, to in front of the car I was about to hit, looking back at the front of it. I watched that car crumple in, knowing my car had just hit it from behind. I think I thought how I had probably died. Then I woke up.

But while in most dreams I wake just after I probably died, or am just about to, I have also had a dream that continued after I died. In one, I had these small nuclear bombs in my pocket, and I was driving over a bridge trying to escape from someone chasing me from behind in their car. I wanted to get rid of the evidence of me having these bombs, so I threw them out of my car into the ocean below. A huge explosion ended up blowing up the bridge from underneath, and I fell toward the water. I was certain I was moments from death.

*flash*

I am now back in a store I was in earlier in the dream, with the person who was chasing me on the bridge (who surely also died when the bridge was destroyed). I knew we had died, but she didn't seem to know. I felt sad, then woke up.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#22    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostXingWi, on 24 March 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Hi Mark, I think that the man with a gun is emerged from an archetype. Seems to be pretty common. Remember I asked you in PM if you saw any dreams associated with death during shadow activity? Maybe such dreams were meant to persuade you for your journey. What is your theory BTW?

Hi, yeah, man with a gun is probably a modern archetype by now. My theory, since this happened about a month before the blood-clot-paralysis emergency, is that it predicted the end of the road. I had to have a friend drive me out of there to another state for 16 days in a hospital...but the worry was that the guy/archetype might actually exist. Dreams during accelerated shadow activity are usually so merged with the activity that looking back it seems like one long nightmare. I'll go back in a few months and be very aware doors (another archetype).

This is getting shilly - Math

#23    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,373 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostKazahel, on 22 March 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

I went lucid one night and slit a friends throat to test if it would kill him in real life. It didn't. Then I thought I'd test it on myself so I went lucid another night and shot myself in the head

Posted Image

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#24    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 25 March 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yes but it was in the name of science. I had heard about how people thought if you died in dreams you died in real life and I wanted to test it out.  I wanted someone to test it out on first though and not myself. So when I went lucid I killed a friend and my girlfriend in the same dream. I woke up as I was walking up the stairs to kill her parents. I know that might sound nasty but I am like an explorer and I don't let taboo get in my way.

Anyway I might add another death dream which was like HDesiato's.  I call it Unrequited Love. It's taken from my journal but its posted here somewhere too.

17th January 2012

I dreamt last night that I was back in time to WW2 I think and Nazi Germany was taking over the world. I forget most of the start of the dream but I was on a mission to take out the major communications building. It was well guarded and we snuck in at night time and placed bombs inside to level it. I forget most of it but then it was like I had come home from war but my ex wife(wife in the dream)started to love another man. I forget most of that part too but the main thing I remember was being on a very large boat and trying to push through the crowd of soldiers to lose her because she wanted to tell me something.

I thought I had lost her in the crowd but she found me and told me that she was going to marry this other guy. I felt very bad and turned away from all the soldiers that were going back to war and walked the other way away from everyone. I then climbed up onto the railing of the boat and dove into the black water below. I didnt cry in the dream or anything though I just did it very matter of fact kinda way. I didnt even really think about it. I just climbed up and dove into the black water to suicide.

When I hit the water because I had dived off from such a height I went very deep. I straight away breathed in the water because I wanted to make it quick and to not reach the surface but when I breathed in the water I found myself breathing. So I went lucid and knew I was dreaming. I started to swim around underwater for alittle but then swam to the surface and while I was swimming to the surface I got angry and chose to fly. So I flew up through the water and out and up into the sky and started to circle the boat. I was pretty angry so I flew through the boat like a ghost and I chose the most painful places to fly through. So I would see a jaggard piece of metal and would chose to fly through that as if to say well this will hurt me but it will not hurt me.

It made me feel very powerful and I did it many many times. Towards the end I would almost feel the pain of the metal but I didnt care and I just kept flying through the steel bars and sharp objects. There was alittle more to it but I forget.

View PostXingWi, on 24 March 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

I saw in a lucid dream my friend being attacked by a grim dog and his throat lacerated and bleeding profusely, next day he told me of being attacked by a grim dog in his sleep at the same time, he got very minor injuries to his throat in real life. I believe that the so called "repercussion" is possible but the effect on the physical may not be as much as seen on the astral counterpart.

I've had dreaming experiences too that seem to be connected with the physical world. I'm not sure how I would explain it though.

Edited by Kazahel, 25 March 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#25    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostKazahel, on 25 March 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

I've had dreaming experiences too that seem to be connected with the physical world. I'm not sure how I would explain it though.

Still you have your experience with you, Kaz. Even my experiences tell me the same that there is some truth to this so called "repercussion" but I have also found that this concept is too much exaggerated and over-dramatized by modern authors that write about AP. I think most of them are frauds anyway or at least writing for self-promotion when the truth can easily be ignored.

View PostKazahel, on 25 March 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

Anyway I might add another death dream which was like HDesiato's.  I call it Unrequited Love. It's taken from my journal but its posted here somewhere too.

17th January 2012

I dreamt last night that I was back in time to WW2 I think and Nazi Germany was taking over the world. I forget most of the start of the dream but I was on a mission to take out the major communications building. It was well guarded and we snuck in at night time and placed bombs inside to level it. I forget most of it but then it was like I had come home from war but my ex wife(wife in the dream)started to love another man. I forget most of that part too but the main thing I remember was being on a very large boat and trying to push through the crowd of soldiers to lose her because she wanted to tell me something.

I thought I had lost her in the crowd but she found me and told me that she was going to marry this other guy. I felt very bad and turned away from all the soldiers that were going back to war and walked the other way away from everyone. I then climbed up onto the railing of the boat and dove into the black water below. I didnt cry in the dream or anything though I just did it very matter of fact kinda way. I didnt even really think about it. I just climbed up and dove into the black water to suicide.

When I hit the water because I had dived off from such a height I went very deep. I straight away breathed in the water because I wanted to make it quick and to not reach the surface but when I breathed in the water I found myself breathing. So I went lucid and knew I was dreaming. I started to swim around underwater for alittle but then swam to the surface and while I was swimming to the surface I got angry and chose to fly. So I flew up through the water and out and up into the sky and started to circle the boat. I was pretty angry so I flew through the boat like a ghost and I chose the most painful places to fly through. So I would see a jaggard piece of metal and would chose to fly through that as if to say well this will hurt me but it will not hurt me.

It made me feel very powerful and I did it many many times. Towards the end I would almost feel the pain of the metal but I didnt care and I just kept flying through the steel bars and sharp objects. There was alittle more to it but I forget.

Cool. I'm glad that these stories are still yours. I think that you should get your stories copyrighted before they are all gone. ;)

Edited by XingWi, 25 March 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#26    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 20 March 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

So in the dream--it was pretty lucid--I knocked on a door then some guy approached from outside who suprisingly shot me twice with his .22. Both bullets went into my right side so I ran away...running with my dogs trying to get home...but I had to lay down and I actually died there in that dream.

Anyone else ever wake up dead in a dream?
did your dream end when you died or did it continue?
no i've never died in a dream but i've been shot in a dream and it really hurts!

#27    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 24 March 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Hi, yeah, man with a gun is probably a modern archetype by now. My theory, since this happened about a month before the blood-clot-paralysis emergency, is that it predicted the end of the road. I had to have a friend drive me out of there to another state for 16 days in a hospital...but the worry was that the guy/archetype might actually exist. Dreams during accelerated shadow activity are usually so merged with the activity that looking back it seems like one long nightmare. I'll go back in a few months and be very aware doors (another archetype).

That's the horror of it, Mark, where the dreams and realities merge. When the lucidity is great then the suffering is also great.

What about the "doors"? I mean what significance do they carry in your case?

Edited by XingWi, 25 March 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#28    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostJGirl, on 25 March 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

did your dream end when you died or did it continue?
no i've never died in a dream but i've been shot in a dream and it really hurts!

After I was dead I woke slowly a with a sense of calm, then omg-wtf set in...

View PostXingWi, on 25 March 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

That's the horror of it, Mark, where the dreams and realities merge. When the lucidity is great then the suffering is also great.

What about the "doors"? I mean what significance do they carry in your case?

If you see a door open in a daydream, dream or vision it probably means a new opportunity. But before this last door opened I was shot to death. It could mean I was prevented from going through a door; I remember the whole porch and general location but never saw it before the dream.

This is getting shilly - Math

#29    uuner

uuner

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I've dreamed that I've died several times, with the same cod every time, syringe of poison in the back of my head. The surroundings vary from time to time, but I'd guess it would be around 1940. I'm always surrounded by people I know are friends (I do not recognize them, I just know they are friends). I also know that I am going to die and the one who injects me with the poison is always a woman (again, I don't know much about her other than she has been close to me). The part when I get injected is so realistic, I feel the sting of the needle, the burning sensation as the poison enters the back of my head, and then an overwhelming warmth and peace embracing my body. To be honest, it feels great, unlike anything else, but I also feel really sad and betrayed.

I've often wondered if this might have been how I died in a past life or something. I've had other dreams that could match time-wise. Like the one were I'm hiding under a bridge near a factory with the corpse of a young boy (I get the feeling of a brother or a close friend). Or another one where I run and try hiding from armed men. These dreams are all located in some industrial area/city and there is definitely an ongoing war around, I'm thinking WW2.

My point being that dreams were we die might be reflections on how we died in a previous life. In my case, maybe I was betrayed, maybe I was ill/wounded and was put out of my misery or maybe I was a really bad person who was executed. I'd like to think that it's not that last option, but anything's possible.

Then there's this dream too(never really figured it out at that time):
Spoiler

PS. @Kazahel: one of the many reasons scientists weird me out O.o

Edited by uuner, 25 March 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Now that I've lost you it kills me to say
I tried to hold on as you slowly slipped away.
I'm losing the fight.
I treated you so wrong now let me make it right.
-Avenged Sevenfold

#30    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 25 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

If you see a door open in a daydream, dream or vision it probably means a new opportunity. But before this last door opened I was shot to death. It could mean I was prevented from going through a door; I remember the whole porch and general location but never saw it before the dream.

Very good interpretation about the door, but my belief is that the same symbol can vary greatly, in implied meanings, with the person and the dream. To be honest I do not believe in any dominant meanings either. But then again, considering the fact that deceiving shadows are involved somewhere in your case, every symbol could become meaningless. I remember that you mentioned before about the darkness creeping into the room, and another time about falling back to where you have been before. Considering these recent occurrences in a very short period of time, I would focus more on what is activating the archetype of man with a gun. In my humble opinion, it is possible that it was meant to persuade your mind for another journey that you have been so successfully resisting for so long. This interpretation along with yours, both are possible and not mutually exclusive. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users