Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Xbox 720 XDK confirms mandatory game installs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,387 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

If this is true I'm done with microsoft.

My brother works in the games dept. at microsoft, I'll ask him when I see him on Easter.  Not sure if I'll switch to PS I may just stop gaming and become even better on the guitar (if that's even possible).

#17    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 March 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

PC is the way to go, there is rumours Sony are doing this as well and I wouldn't put it past them at all.

But in a way PC is already doing this now with the likes of steam and origin etc, but it tends to be a lot cheaper.

I doubt i will be buying nay of the next gen consoles. Said before though, would love Sega to make a come back in the console market.

The Dreamcast was one of the best consoles I've ever had, nearly every game released was good! It was pretty amazing for it's limited time on the market.

#18    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostOverSword, on 28 March 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

If this is true I'm done with microsoft.

My brother works in the games dept. at microsoft, I'll ask him when I see him on Easter.  Not sure if I'll switch to PS I may just stop gaming and become even better on the guitar (if that's even possible).

Yeah man, I hear you there. I need to get my ass back to the gym. Gotta bulk up again, took some time off for a while, so will have to slowly work my way back in there.

Edited by WoIverine, 28 March 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#19    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,387 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Keep in mind this same rumor was going around about xbox 360.

#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Man oh man, I hope we see a new Rocksteady title on the current gen. Would love a new Arkham game, or something even better.

#21    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 28 March 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

The Dreamcast was one of the best consoles I've ever had, nearly every game released was good! It was pretty amazing for it's limited time on the market.

And it was hooked up to the internet (albeit slow internet). The problem with the Dreamcast was that it was ahead of its time. Sadly, sometimes that happens with technology and ideas.

#22    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 28 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Man oh man, I hope we see a new Rocksteady title on the current gen. Would love a new Arkham game, or something even better.

Batman Arkham Origins reportedly coming to PS4 and new Xbox

Rocksteady game tipped for E3 reveal and late 2013 release

By Tom Ivan for CVG UK

Batman Arkham Origins is reportedly in development at Rocksteady Studios for current and next gen consoles.

The rumour originates from French site Gameblog, which says it was tipped off about the game by unnamed industry sources.

As has previously been rumoured, the report claims the title will be a prequel inspired by the Silver Age of comics and featuring appearances from a number of Justice League members such as Superman and Green Lantern.

Gameblog's sources also suggest Batman Arkham Origins will be revealed at E3 and released in the third quarter of 2013.

While it hasn't been officially announced, the next entry in the Batman: Arkham series will be released this year, Time Warner quietly revealed in an earnings call last month.

http://www.computera...4-and-new-xbox/

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#23    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 28 March 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Batman Arkham Origins reportedly coming to PS4 and new Xbox

Rocksteady game tipped for E3 reveal and late 2013 release

By Tom Ivan for CVG UK

Batman Arkham Origins is reportedly in development at Rocksteady Studios for current and next gen consoles.

The rumour originates from French site Gameblog, which says it was tipped off about the game by unnamed industry sources.

As has previously been rumoured, the report claims the title will be a prequel inspired by the Silver Age of comics and featuring appearances from a number of Justice League members such as Superman and Green Lantern.

Gameblog's sources also suggest Batman Arkham Origins will be revealed at E3 and released in the third quarter of 2013.

While it hasn't been officially announced, the next entry in the Batman: Arkham series will be released this year, Time Warner quietly revealed in an earnings call last month.

http://www.computera...4-and-new-xbox/

Awesome!! Can't wait! Thanks man, I had heard that Rocksteady wasn't going to be involved with the new Arkham game, but this is great news! It looks like it will be released for PS4 and the 720.

Edited by WoIverine, 29 March 2013 - 03:04 AM.

#24    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,084 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 28 March 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

MS and Sony have decided to switch directions this next generation apparently. The 720 has mandatory game installs, mandatory always on, always connected, camera always going, no used games.
Has any of this been confirmed by anyone at Microsoft or Sony or is this all the usual blogospbere random rumours passing as fact?

Also, the PS4 is rumored to be 30% more powerful.
Even if true, this is an entirely meaningless number. Nobody (apart from Internet geeks who are obsessed with enumerating video game performance instead of looking at video game performance) looking at Game System X running at 1080p on a TV who then sees Game System Y running at 1080p on the same TV, running the same game, is going to notice that System Y has 30% better number crunching behaviour.  

Video game graphics are kidna like photo resolution and various other things, it depends on a quadratic or even logarithmic scale to determine how people judge it.  Double the linear resolution of video or games and people will think it looks twice as good even though the hardware requires 4 times the hardware performance (all else being equal of course) to achieve said resolution.

Edited by Archimedes, 31 March 2013 - 11:51 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#25    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

If Microsoft do this, Playstation will follow suit. Count on it.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#26    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,387 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I asked my brother (see above posts) and he refused to break confidence.  Not a good sign.

#27    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,084 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostOverSword, on 02 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I asked my brother (see above posts) and he refused to break confidence.  Not a good sign.
Possibly doesn't mean anything.

People working on new projects for tech companies are typically sworn to secrecy on pain of losing their jobs.  It's also possible that he's not saying anything because Microsoft haven't finalised anything yet and he doesn't want to mislead you with the current state of affairs of a project not officially anounced yet which are prone to change.

Edited by Archimedes, 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#28    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,084 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 March 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

PC is the way to go.
PC is the way to go for certain gamers.

Most gamers don't want the hassle or expense of upgrading hardware, manually updating drivers, etc. to get their new games working.  They don't want to have to read system specs and then realise they can't play the game or that their PC barely meets the specs and the game will run like a dog without buying and installing a new graphics card.

For all the advantages of PC gaming (a PC with decent graphics hardware will outstrip a games console in capabilities, especially when the console has been on the market for years and is still running the same old hardware that has moved on in the PC world), there's a lot to be said for buying a game, putting it in your console

I did the whole build your own PC, upgrade it, etc. thing for several years and I got bored and fed up with it and bought an Xbox 360.  I felt it wasn't worth it anymore.  I paid €400 for it 7 years ago and it would have cost me a hell of a lot more money and fiddling to do continue PC gaming in the meantime.

If you're into the whole PC gaming thing, then that's fine, but it's not the way to go.  It depends on many factors.  I do miss the finer control a mouse gives you, but I don't play FPS games anymore where that is where the real advantage of a mouse and keyboard combo is.

#29    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,387 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 02 April 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Possibly doesn't mean anything.

People working on new projects for tech companies are typically sworn to secrecy on pain of losing their jobs.  It's also possible that he's not saying anything because Microsoft haven't finalised anything yet and he doesn't want to mislead you with the current state of affairs of a project not officially anounced yet which are prone to change.
It may have been one or all of those reasons or it may have been revenge for beating him up for years.

#30    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostOverSword, on 02 April 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

It may have been one or all of those reasons or it may have been revenge for beating him up for years.

lol, somehow it always comes back in some way or another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users