Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Xbox 720 XDK confirms mandatory game installs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,521 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 02 April 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

PC is the way to go for certain gamers.

Most gamers don't want the hassle or expense of upgrading hardware, manually updating drivers, etc. to get their new games working.
Indeed.  The way I view it:

PC - initial outlay - $2000+, shelf life - less than a year before upgrades are needed to keep pace with the industry, continuous outlay of money.

Games console - initial outlay $500 ($800 if you buy it straight off the rack on the day of release).  Shelf life - 8 years or more.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#32    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

I already told my kid to get used to his XBox 360 games if this is this case Im not buying.

Hope they realize it isnt a gopod business model for them. Itll go down like windows8

#33    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

I'll buy it, regardless of how they do it.  Cuz, I'm addicted to Halo games, and that is going to be the only place I'll be able to get my fix.

I used to be a PC Gamer, but got tired of the constant upgrade need.

#34    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Well if it's true, then I'll be saying goodbye to games for good. I need to get in shape anyway.

#35    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Let me get this right. This means:
  • No game trade ins.
  • No second hand game purchases.
  • No swapping games with friend.
  • No borrwoing a friends game.
Is this correct or did I read the article wrong?

Posted Image

#36    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

View Postxsas, on 08 April 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Let me get this right. This means:
  • No game trade ins.
  • No second hand game purchases.
  • No swapping games with friend.
  • No borrwoing a friends game.
Is this correct or did I read the article wrong?

As far as I can tell, that's the case.

#37    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I think it's still a quite a bit of conjecture there.  The internet connection may have to be present, but the 2nd hand game thing is still just an assumption.

#38    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

View Postsupervike, on 08 April 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

I'll buy it, regardless of how they do it.  Cuz, I'm addicted to Halo games, and that is going to be the only place I'll be able to get my fix.

I used to be a PC Gamer, but got tired of the constant upgrade need.

I agree with the part about halo ahaha addicted as well, but we part ways at the pc.I would never have wasted a dime on 'upgrading' it when i can spend one definite amount (console prices) and never have to deal with any annoyances trying to play a newly purchased game

Posted Image

#39    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I have been a gamer for a looooong time.  In fact, we had 'pong' when I was a kid.  I've gone through just about ever major incarnation.  Atari, NES, Sega Genesis, etc.  I discovered PC Gaming when I first got into computers in the early 90's.  Back then, if you wanted top notch games and graphics, the PC was the only place to get it....

It really wasn't until the XBOX came out (2001 I think) that consoles really started to give PC Games a run for their money.  Now the systems are so easy, powerful, and versitile, the only thing I use the PC for nowadays is web-surfing.

In almost everything, the console just does it better (and overall VASTLY cheaper).  Although, I really wish there were more RTS games for the console.  I'd love to play StarCraft 2, but there is no way I'm buying a swanky new computer to do so.

#40    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postsupervike, on 09 April 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I have been a gamer for a looooong time.  In fact, we had 'pong' when I was a kid.  I've gone through just about ever major incarnation.  Atari, NES, Sega Genesis, etc.  I discovered PC Gaming when I first got into computers in the early 90's.  Back then, if you wanted top notch games and graphics, the PC was the only place to get it....

It really wasn't until the XBOX came out (2001 I think) that consoles really started to give PC Games a run for their money.  Now the systems are so easy, powerful, and versitile, the only thing I use the PC for nowadays is web-surfing.

In almost everything, the console just does it better (and overall VASTLY cheaper).  Although, I really wish there were more RTS games for the console.  I'd love to play StarCraft 2, but there is no way I'm buying a swanky new computer to do so.

Ah yes i agree with you there, i myself enjoy a well thought out,button mapped RTS but the good ones are few and far between for consoles >_< Halo Wars seemed to be on the right track IMO

Posted Image

#41    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Exactly!  Why no Halo Wars 2?  I loved that game!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users