Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

top 5 hollywood urban legends

bobcrane

I hadn't heard of any of those except that Bob Crane was mysteriously murdered, but I didn't know that was considered an urban legend. Anyway, thanks for the video! (Those poor girls from "Poltergeist"...to die at such a young age.... :( )

• Like 1

The silhouette in the munchkin suicide video looks nothing like a crane or an emu or any other bird i can think of.

• Like 3

There was a movie about Bob Crane's death, called "Auto Focus" starring Greg Kinnear and Willem Dafoe... It showed his descent into sex addiction, and basically showed him losing his grip on reality... It also strongly suggested that John Carpenter (not the movie director, another one) murdered him because Bob was trying to straighten his life out and seperate himself from John...

Bob's widow (Patricia Olsen, stage name Sigrid Valdis who was "Faulien Hilda" on "Hogan's Heroes") and his son protested the movie stating that the whole 'descent into depravity' was greatly exaggerated (though they admitted he was a sex addict)...

and Oscar is right, the 'bird' in the Oz clip sure doesn't look like a bird ...

edit to add: Just saw a longer - better quality clip of the same Wizard of Oz clip and it is definitly NOT a person hanging... It is either a large bird, or someone in costume as a large bird...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2

I've never heard of the hanging munchkin before! This is weird. In the video posted, that DOES look like a person hanging. But check out this better quality video from youtube:

Now it looks like a bird?? Huh...

• Like 1

Urban Legend (n) - An entertaining story or piece of information of uncertain origin that is circulated as though true. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/urban+legend)

Using that definition Bob Crane's murder does not qualify as an urban legend.

The Lee Family Curse and the Poltergeist Curse are good ones....but why overlook the Superman Curse and the Barrymore Family Curses? They are more impressive curses than either one of those curses.

I get the ghost in Three Men and Baby and they dispel that one correctly.

I think the better one for the Wizard of Oz is how Pink Floyd wrote Dark Side of the Moon to sync perfectly to it. (They didn't)

My top 5 Hollywood Urban Legends:

5. Jamie Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite. Basically this one started up when Jamie Lee first started acting, most likely by some other actress mad that she lost a part that went to Jamie Lee, or people that don't believe that the daughter of Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis would look so androgynous..

4. The Curse of James Dean's car. Not only when he perished in his beloved Porche Spyder, it also broke the legs of the mechanic who was hired by the man that bought the car from Dean's estate and the engine was in the car of a person that bought that piece of equipment to put in his own automobile.

3. Richard Gere's love of gerbils. Mainly because of the damage that a gerbil would do to anyone's colon makes this one an impossibility. However if Mr. Gere is correct, Sylvester Stallone is one person you just don't want to p*** off in this world, because that is who Mr. Gere believes started that particular rumor.

2. The girl who was painted in gold at the beginning of Goldfinger died from toxic shock from the gold paint. No, Shirley Eaton is quite the spry 75 year old corpse if that is the case.

1. Dark Side of the Moon was written to sync perfectly with The Wizard of Oz. Mainly because that rumor had been around longer than the munchkin suicide rumor and has even better legs than the dead dwarf.

• Like 3

Bob Crane was allegedly into some very kinky sex ,and he got into a bad predicament with his involvement ,which led to his death somehow.

I never knew details ,but David Carradines death smacks of the same thing . That has never been fully explained .

There's tons of Hollywood urban legend . Like did Errol Flynn really sleep with Truman Capote . Was the set of The Exorcist cursed .

The three men and a baby ghost .

Who was the actress who killed her boyfriend ... 50-60s legend .....tip of my tongue ..... But rumor is her daughter really did it ,and she took the blame to cover it up .ahh,Lana Turner .

Tons of Hollywood stuff. Let me think a bit,more will come to me.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Urban Legend (n) - An entertaining story or piece of information of uncertain origin that is circulated as though true. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/urban+legend)

Using that definition Bob Crane's murder does not qualify as an urban legend.

The Lee Family Curse and the Poltergeist Curse are good ones....but why overlook the Superman Curse and the Barrymore Family Curses? They are more impressive curses than either one of those curses.

I get the ghost in Three Men and Baby and they dispel that one correctly.

I think the better one for the Wizard of Oz is how Pink Floyd wrote Dark Side of the Moon to sync perfectly to it. (They didn't)

My top 5 Hollywood Urban Legends:

5. Jamie Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite. Basically this one started up when Jamie Lee first started acting, most likely by some other actress mad that she lost a part that went to Jamie Lee, or people that don't believe that the daughter of Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis would look so androgynous..

4. The Curse of James Dean's car. Not only when he perished in his beloved Porche Spyder, it also broke the legs of the mechanic who was hired by the man that bought the car from Dean's estate and the engine was in the car of a person that bought that piece of equipment to put in his own automobile.

3. Richard Gere's love of gerbils. Mainly because of the damage that a gerbil would do to anyone's colon makes this one an impossibility. However if Mr. Gere is correct, Sylvester Stallone is one person you just don't want to p*** off in this world, because that is who Mr. Gere believes started that particular rumor.

2. The girl who was painted in gold at the beginning of Goldfinger died from toxic shock from the gold paint. No, Shirley Eaton is quite the spry 75 year old corpse if that is the case.

1. Dark Side of the Moon was written to sync perfectly with The Wizard of Oz. Mainly because that rumor had been around longer than the munchkin suicide rumor and has even better legs than the dead dwarf.

Jaime Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite .I knew people who knew her ,before any of this info ever came out. There is a reason her kids are adopted .

The Lee curse goes way back,according to the family. Long before Bruce was born.

Jaime Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite .I knew people who knew her ,before any of this info ever came out. There is a reason her kids are adopted .

The Lee curse goes way back,according to the family. Long before Bruce was born.

Well it's actually something that's never been proven one way or the other. Snopes claims it's undetermined.

Personally I think it's a case of a somewhat masculine looking woman and the Hollywood rumor mill.

Well it's actually something that's never been proven one way or the other. Snopes claims it's undetermined.

Personally I think it's a case of a somewhat masculine looking woman and the Hollywood rumor mill.

As I said ,I know people who knew her very well. I dare say no one would let that kind of info go public they could help it .just like I know for a fact ,Joey ramone was born a Siamese twin . II knew the Ramones very well. I've seen the scar where they were separated,many times backstage .

WOW Jaime Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite I would have never thought. I read on Snopes that she has declined to answer when asked about this so that to me says she may have been. Otherwise why not just say no I was not born with both sex organs...

But I mean has anybody seen True Lies, she looks incredible in that movie

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

WOW Jaime Lee Curtis was born a hermaphrodite I would have never thought. I read on Snopes that she has declined to answer when asked about this so that to me says she may have been. Otherwise why not just say no I was not born with both sex organs...

But I mean has anybody seen True Lies, she looks incredible in that movie

Well she was raised as a girl from the get go . Parents are given a choice as to which sex they want the child to be . If the child is a true hermaphrodite,they will be sterile ,and female is easier than male ,as far as sex organ surgery is concerned .

They chose female ,so she was getting hormones from the moment it was medically feasible .

There's another hermaphrodite ...a famous rapper . One word name. I forget now. They are female . They were born with the girl parts too . Just one part is taken away . Jamie had a very difficult childhood . Tony was an ass,to out it mildly .

I think she's awesome .

Well she was raised as a girl from the get go . Parents are given a choice as to which sex they want the child to be . If the child is a true hermaphrodite,they will be sterile ,and female is easier than male ,as far as sex organ surgery is concerned .

They chose female ,so she was getting hormones from the moment it was medically feasible .

There's another hermaphrodite ...a famous rapper . One word name. I forget now. They are female . They were born with the girl parts too . Just one part is taken away . Jamie had a very difficult childhood . Tony was an ass,to out it mildly .

I think she's awesome .

She Is awesome, I loved her in Halloween.