Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NK threatens strike on US airbases.

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 21 March 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

The idea is to keep NK quiet, Nk would still threaten anyone even if a fishing boat was around.

So the idea is to keep them quiet by flying bombers around them? And that is exactly my point.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,103 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

And, if the S. Korean navy runs one of its ships onto the rocks, as happened a couple of years ago, claiming that it was actually torpedoed by NK (and showing the actual torpedo that sank it, complete with N. Korean markings) doesn't really do much for their credibility, or help to defuse tensions very muich, does it.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Something needs doing to keep them quiet.  They make me nervous.

#19    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

uSA Govmnt makes me nervous

#20    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Right next to them... YES. lol How can you not see that? lol

They do it annually. They are not trying to "intimidate" them any more than any other year in that sense.

And do you know why its held in SK? 2 reasons: 1. Its a joint US/SK exercise. 2. Training is better when its done on a terrain similar to what you'd be operating on.

I see nothing wrong with the US's nor SKs actions regarding the exercises, just as I see nothing wrong with NK conducting their own exercises. Militaries practice. Theres nothing surprising about that.

From the article itself it states that NK is threatening in response to US air force presence. That is not NK starting it at all. If you know someone is volatile and dangerous you don't start showing them your armory.      

The NK threats started much earlier than this. If you know someone is volatile and dangerous and is making demands, you don't just cede to whatever demands they make.

Regardless... even if this was a show of US/SK military power, I do not see fault with them. NK threatened to nuke the US. The US showing NK that they are within the USs sphere of military influence is not "wrong" simply because you, Coffey, say it is.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#21    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostCoffey, on 21 March 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

So the idea is to keep them quiet by flying bombers around them? And that is exactly my point.

How about NK conducting an artillery strike on an island killing 16 SK soldiers? SK and the US have shown great restraint when dealing with NK, despite their belligerence, threats and actions.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#22    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 5,160 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 21 March 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

And, if the S. Korean navy runs one of its ships onto the rocks, as happened a couple of years ago, claiming that it was actually torpedoed by NK (and showing the actual torpedo that sank it, complete with N. Korean markings) doesn't really do much for their credibility, or help to defuse tensions very muich, does it.

A friend of mine who knows a thing or two about Naval weapons and there effects on ships recognized the damage as the result of a torpedo.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#23    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,103 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostThanato, on 21 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

A friend of mine who knows a thing or two about Naval weapons and there effects on ships recognized the damage as the result of a torpedo.

~Thanato
And S. Korea managing to find & retrieve the actual Torpedo, and put it on display so that everyone could see the N. Korean markings on it. That doesn't look at all fishy? It might have been the result of an explosion underneath the keel, yes; but that might quite possibly be the result of a Mine, might it not? Of which there are plenty in those waters, NK and SK, and might even have been left over from the Korean War.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#24    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 5,160 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 21 March 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

And S. Korea managing to find & retrieve the actual Torpedo, and put it on display so that everyone could see the N. Korean markings on it. That doesn't look at all fishy? It might have been the result of an explosion underneath the keel, yes; but that might quite possibly be the result of a Mine, might it not? Of which there are plenty in those waters, NK and SK, and might even have been left over from the Korean War.

No, it doesn't seem fishy at all, They find explosive fragments all the time doing BDA's. I can assume that they would be able to find the torpedo fragments, knowing the location of the attack all they had to do was search the area.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostStellar, on 21 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

How about NK conducting an artillery strike on an island killing 16 SK soldiers? SK and the US have shown great restraint when dealing with NK, despite their belligerence, threats and actions.

That does not affect the point. Just because someone else does something stupid and wrong, it doesn't mean you should shove your military in their faces. That will jsut cause more trouble... Which it did.

#26    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,886 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 March 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

That does not affect the point. Just because someone else does something stupid and wrong, it doesn't mean you should shove your military in their faces. That will jsut cause more trouble... Which it did.

Right. Instead we should just appease them because appeasement worked so well with Hitler.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#27    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,975 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

SK and the US have been performing these exercises for a long time.  NK just wants something to complain about.  They have had their own military exercises with other countries not to mention nuclear testing.  Its no secret they want to deliver a nuclear warhead to the US.

Russia Announces Joint Military Exercises With N. Korea

#28    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostHilander, on 21 March 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

SK and the US have been performing these exercises for a long time.  NK just wants something to complain about.  They have had their own military exercises with other countries not to mention nuclear testing.  Its no secret they want to deliver a nuclear warhead to the US.

Russia Announces Joint Military Exercises With N. Korea

You are proving my point further with that....

US and SK have been doing ti longer, so NK gets Russia to do it in retaliation. Why is nobody seeing this?! lol

Also

In this situation, discussions raged across the country on establishing a central bank for the Republic of Korea and Dr. A. I. Bloomfield, dispatched from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, drafted the Bank of Korea Act.
From Wikipedia

This is about banks and money I bet.

View PostBama13, on 21 March 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Right. Instead we should just appease them because appeasement worked so well with Hitler.

You are completely missing the point.

You are comparing a country that threatens nuke strikes, pretty much a gob***** and nothing more and Hitler, someone who put thousands in concentration camps because of their beliefs, religion, way of life, sexuality and physical/mental condition and tried to take over the world... Erm OK. Firstly NK does not have the funding to eve compare to Hitler.... Thank the Jewish American bankers for that one and the US came into it pretty late after trying not to enter to the war.

Hell they would have done it by now if they actually meant it, they do it for attention and to get their own way, do you really think they are stupid enough to actually Nuke the US? They would be obliterated in retaliation, or nuked first because their systems are nowhere near as hi-tech as the US's. Never heard of the boy who cried wolf?

#29    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

North Korea is inviting for the South Koreans and USA to attack so it can retaliate for a just cause. I dont see SK or the US making threats to bomb NK and propaganda about their people

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I don't know that the North Koreans are much interested in justice, just in appearances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users