Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Colorado introduces landmark gun laws

john hickenlooper gun laws colorado

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostKowalski, on 21 March 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I think Queen Elizabeth is more classy and sets a better example for her people than any of our lawmakers in Washington! I'd be very proud to have someone like her in charge.

In the US, you could never be President without being born into a pool of money.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 21 March 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#47    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 21 March 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

In the US, you could never be President without being born into a pool of money.

Sorry both obama and clinton re self made men.  Sorta.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#48    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Postdanielost, on 21 March 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Sorry both obama and clinton re self made men.  Sorta.

Or someone made them rich so they could be puppet-Presidents.

*cough* banks *cough*

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#49    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

I won't do it..No, I won't do it.....Oh, heck I'll post it...

Posted Image

Edited by Kowalski, 21 March 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#50    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

And my favorite:

Posted Image

:w00t:

Edited by Kowalski, 21 March 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#51    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostQueen in the North, on 21 March 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Actually, as a Brit, I can't see how suddenly bringing in lots of gun control measures is going to do much over there. I'm not an expert, don't really know anything about it, but I think once the general population has guns and they are so readily available, it seems to me you just can't take them all away, even if you wanted to. It does seem as though it would be taking away the guns from all the people who legitimately have them, leaving the only people with guns the criminals.

I don't think it would ever occur to most people here to want/have a gun in their house. But it's not my country and I'm not arguing! :D

Though I do hope you aren't suggesting offing the royal family :P

I talk to a few brits on here who make sense on the subject and you ma'am have just joined that small group,very well said  :tu:

Nope i have several books i have read on the royal families of Europe actually very interesting history,not my place to say off with ones head haha

Plus i think Kate is hot  :blush:  Might pretty that bunch up a bit  :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#52    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 22 March 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

I talk to a few brits on here who make sense on the subject and you ma'am have just joined that small group,very well said  :tu:

Nope i have several books i have read on the royal families of Europe actually very interesting history,not my place to say off with ones head haha

Plus i think Kate is hot  :blush:  Might pretty that bunch up a bit  :lol:
It just seems to me, if gun crime/massacres is a disease, they say prevention is better than a cure. In the UK, we have the prevention, the very tight gun control, however, the prevention won't work if one is already afflicted. So not really comparable.

Posted Image

#53    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 22 March 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

It just seems to me, if gun crime/massacres is a disease, they say prevention is better than a cure. In the UK, we have the prevention, the very tight gun control, however, the prevention won't work if one is already afflicted. So not really comparable.

The guns are not the disease though,the disease is what is going on in these peoples brains.Mental health care is about the only cure for this,the UK has plenty of crime going on in it aswell.If some of these people who were victimized had guns they may not have been a victim of someone with a diseased brain ;)  See what im saying?

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#54    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 22 March 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

The guns are not the disease though,the disease is what is going on in these peoples brains.Mental health care is about the only cure for this,the UK has plenty of crime going on in it aswell.If some of these people who were victimized had guns they may not have been a victim of someone with a diseased brain ;)  See what im saying?
I meant the levels of gun crime in general, not the actual guns :) Our tight gun control does mean we have very low levels of gun crime, but like you say, there is still an awful lot of other crime! I agree, people are always going to be violent and do horrible things to one another, guns or no.

Edited by Queen in the North, 22 March 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

#55    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,980 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

The way I understand it,  crime is on the rise in england and falling in the usa over all.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#56    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 22 March 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

I meant the levels of gun crime in general, not the actual guns :) Our tight gun control does mean we have very low levels of gun crime, but like you say, there is still an awful lot of other crime! I agree, people are always going to be violent and do horrible things to one another, guns or no.

No matter how many laws we make, or how harshly we carry them out, or how many weapons we take away, crime will always exist. It's just part of human nature to rob, steal, rape and murder. True, it is a very DARK part of humanity, but it exists there, unfortunately. The only thing that changes is the weapons used in the past.

#57    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,980 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

One of the sharreffs in colorado will not be inforcving this new law.  Which is really what the probem is.  No one is enforcing ant of the current laws.

#58    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Check out this latest story on Yahoo:

Obama: Assault Weapons Ban Deserves a Vote

President Barack Obama says each of his proposed steps to reduce gun violence should get a vote in Congress — even an assault weapons ban that both parties agree stands little chance at passing.
Senate Democrats dropped the ban from the bill they plan to debate next month out of concern it could sink the whole package. Still, Obama says he's pushing for it.
In his weekly radio and Internet address released Saturday, Obama says the U.S. has changed in the three months since the December school shooting in Newtown, Conn. He says Americans support the ban, plus limits on high-capacity ammunition magazines, school security funding and a crackdown on gun trafficking.
"Today there is still genuine disagreement among well-meaning people about what steps we should take to reduce the epidemic of gun violence in this country. But you, the American people, have spoken," Obama said.
The White House said Saturday that Obama will make additional trips outside Washington to rally support for the measures, including the assault weapons ban. The White House also said that before Obama left for Israel earlier this week, his push for gun control was among the issues he raised with lawmakers from both parties as he embarked on a concerted effort to reach out to Congress.
In the Republican address, Sen. Mike Lee of Utah says the Senate Democrats' budget raises taxes by $1.5 trillion without doing anything to save entitlements like Social Security and Medicare. He says Republicans want a balanced budget that lives up to the nation's moral obligation to act in the best interest of future generations.
"Republicans recognize that keeping dollars, decisions, priorities and power in the hands of the people is what has made America the greatest civilization the world has ever known," Lee says. "Now is the time to return to that model."

Most Americans support the ban?! Bull****!
Obama is such a LIAR! Most Americans do NOT want new gun laws.
:angry:

#59    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,980 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

The population is voting with their checkbook.  The stores can't keep up with the ammo purchases.

#60    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,233 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostKowalski, on 23 March 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Check out this latest story on Yahoo:

Most Americans support the ban?! Bull****!
Obama is such a LIAR! Most Americans do NOT want new gun laws.
:angry:
Every time he wants something he says the majority of American want it too. He assumes that because he got elected that everything he thinks is majority opinion. Actually he doesn't spassume that. It's a tactic. He just says everybody wants something so that you look bad or feel compelled to join the masses.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users