Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Too Much Tea Causes Unusual Bone Disease

Keel M.

This boggles my mind.... :unsure2:

A 47-year-old Michigan woman developed a bone disease rarely seen in the U.S. after she drank a pitcher of tea made from at least 100 tea bags daily, for 17 years, researchers report.

The Detroit woman visited the doctor after experiencing pain in her lower back, arms, legs and hips for five years.

X-rays revealed areas of very dense bone on the spinal vertebrae and calcifications of ligaments in her arm, said study researcher Dr. Sudhaker D. Rao, a physician at Henry Ford Hospital who specializes in endocrinology and bone and mineral metabolism.

The researchers suspected the woman had skeletal fluorosis, a bone disease caused by consuming too much fluoride (a mineral found in tea as well as drinking water).

Full story

• Like 1

it is not the pitcher ... it is the 100 bags of tea

100 tea bags can make a lot of pitchers

Too much of just about anything will be bad for you.

Saw this earlier today. Um. I have to agree with the people above. Too much of anything is bad for you.

As a devout tea drinker ,I couldn't drink the stuff she's brewing. I mean gross ,and I love strong black teas .

damn and i just thought i drank a lot of tea 100 bags to a pitcher **** you want sum water with that? counting mine up 6 bags per pitcher 1 pitcher a day 48 bags to a box yeah im good

• Like 1