Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

With your own eyes

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hello everyone, I just wanted to pose some questions. I wanted to know if anybody has actually seen a ghost. I don't mean like you thought you seen something or you seen something out of the corner of your eye but when you looked nothing was there. Or no sleep paralysis storys where you suffered some dream illusion. I mean looked straight at a ghost right in front of your eyes.
Also for anybody in a paranormal group. I've never heard of any ghost hunters actually going into a place and really seeing a ghost. I'm in a ghost hunting group but we are not very serious we just do it for fun. We have been to many creepy places but never seen anything. Just some weird noises and weird things like emf meters going nuts then just stopping when there is no electric power around anywhere in sight.

#2    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,493 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

I have, but I'm not going to claim that what I saw was 'proof' of ghosts or life after death or whatever.

I saw a semi-transparent gray woman in a long dress float through the back bedroom of my house when I went to the bathroom one day. I stood there for at least ten seconds watching her before she disappeared through the wall.

Embrace the impossible.

#3    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

That's awesome. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk to anybody who believes in ghost if that's what it sounds like. I just want to hear of peoples sightings. I think it would be awesome to see a ghost like that.

#4    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,654 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I saw a "ghost" family, mom, dad, 2 kids, and grandma. Up until then, I didn't believe in ghosts, nor anything paranormal. This happened about noon on a very sunny day, in a friend's backyard. The family, who seemed to be going about their daily life as it was when they were alive, didn't seem to be aware of my presence. They weren't ooky-spooky at all, it was like a time slip, where either they or I had moved out of our normal time very briefly. I did some research and the clothes they were wearing dated them to about 300 years ago. I haven't seen anything like that since.

#5    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

That's hardcore beany. You said it was a friends backyard did your friend witness it to? How long did this last? Did you feel wierd or strange during the event?

#6    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

I have only ever seen 1 "figure" type being in my entire life,not your classical ghost of a former person not exactly bigfoot.I do not know exactly what the hell it was but i was not the only person who saw it at the same moment in time.I did not summon it,was not some search for a super-natural anything.It just happened to be in the same place at the same time me and a friend were going down the road at.

Was a little strange because i am a skeptic.Neither one of us had any alcohol or drugs in our system yet we saw the same damn thing!Whatever it was,was real....atleast for the moment as i have said i am not religious but energy never dies.I also believe in other dimensions sometimes i believe things may just slip through momentarily.I think this could be the reason behind a lot of sightings and experiences.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,438 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

A ghost is someone who for whatever reason has not been able to obtain rebirth.  It is a horrible thing -- desiring physical existence but only able to wander about alone without society, hungry without food, thirsty without water, cold without shelter or clothes.

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

I saw my dad once ,and one of my cats came back two years in a row,on the anni of her death . Saw it .Wide awake etc etc .

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#9    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I encounter a few apparitions, no way to prove a ghost though. For me it might of well been an angel's trick, demon fun, or anything in between. I feel it takes blind faith to accept an encounter was a spirit or such.

But yea I seen such with my eyes. The most clear was an old man on a sideway with no shirt just standing there staring out into space for a few seconds before he vanish in an instant.

#10    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

• There is no better church than the woods of Maine.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

I think I mentioned this before, but yes; I have seen a few things in the past. Most were just going about the daily business of their former lives.  Only twice did I see something that could be considered an interactive being, and I think it must have been the same one, only at 2 different times and in 2 different New England states.  That thing, I don't much talk about.

#11    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,654 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostGodofcats, on 22 March 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

That's hardcore beany. You said it was a friends backyard did your friend witness it to? How long did this last? Did you feel wierd or strange during the event?
I was alone. It lasted 2-3 minutes, as I watched them walk across the un-fenced yard. I really didn't feel weird or strange, just really really surprised, because as I said earlier, I was very skeptical of that kind of stuff, up until then. At the time, I was living on an island where this kind of thing isn't unusual; for the indigenous people it's a fact that they share the island with their ancestors. However, it was very unusual for me.

#12    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,654 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 22 March 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

I think I mentioned this before, but yes; I have seen a few things in the past. Most were just going about the daily business of their former lives.  Only twice did I see something that could be considered an interactive being, and I think it must have been the same one, only at 2 different times and in 2 different New England states.  That thing, I don't much talk about.

Thanks for sharing. To me, it doesn't sound like what we saw were "ghosts" in the way most people think of them. I tend to think what I saw was life going on as usual in a different time dimension, but that's really just a guess. I don't attach any religious or spiritual significance to it.

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,438 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

I was at a party here in Vietnam, there were some westerners present.  A girl comes running down the stairs shouting "A horror, a horror."  (The word better translates horror -- there is a different word for a more benign presence).  The Vietnamese present left the room, the westerners went running up the stairs looking for it.

#14    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 March 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

I was at a party here in Vietnam, there were some westerners present.  A girl comes running down the stairs shouting "A horror, a horror."  (The word better translates horror -- there is a different word for a more benign presence).  The Vietnamese present left the room, the westerners went running up the stairs looking for it.

This kind of explains all the dummies who die in horror movies doesnt it frank?  :lol:

The vietnamese got the hell out of dodge,the westerners have to see the horror no matter if consequences could come of it or not haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#15    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 March 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

A ghost is someone who for whatever reason has not been able to obtain rebirth.  It is a horrible thing -- desiring physical existence but only able to wander about alone without society, hungry without food, thirsty without water, cold without shelter or clothes.

This couldn't be more false :P

I seen a lot of things throughout my life, the most memorable being a reddish black mist coming under my bedroom door, catching the corner of my eye so I looked directly over to see a black silhouette appear, no face, best way to describe it is to imagine the grim reaper :P just a figure of black. Then there was a growling directly in my ear (no we don't have a dog nor was one in the room :P) and I just bolted. I was only a teenager, we were going through quite a nasty haunting at that time, too. My first encounter with anything dark and demonic.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users