Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bullied Kid Kills Himself

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postkitty81, on 22 March 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I'm DISGUSTED AT THE MAJORITY OF YOU TALKIN BOUT VIOLENCE/TEACHIN THEM 'A LESSON'. IT IS NOT THE ANSWER.

What would you suggest?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#32    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,736 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

View Postkitty81, on 22 March 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I'm DISGUSTED AT THE MAJORITY OF YOU TALKIN BOUT VIOLENCE/TEACHIN THEM 'A LESSON'. IT IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Actions speak louder than words. Sometimes a bully will not respond to anything else other than a taste of his/her own medicine. Sure you can talk to them, they can stop for a while, but they won't learn anything from it and may go on to harass other kids. Sometimes in life you have to learn the hard way and the net effect is more positive. Also, parents of bullies are more often than not very negligent and set terrible examples for their kids. They let them get away with everything.

Edited by WoIverine, 22 March 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#33    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostStellar, on 22 March 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

What would you suggest?

I'd also be interested to hear this.  Maybe if this 8 year old had been told to wallop the bully in the face he might be alive now.  Unfortunately teachers are so restricted now by law that some children just do not respect adults like they used to.  I'm not saying adults should knock kids around, but years back a teacher could give a bully a clip around the ear that would stop them bullying.  Now what can a teacher do?  Keep the bully in at play time?  All that does is give the bully more time to plot revenge.

Most of the stories here from people who have been bullied and retaliated seem (in my opinion) to show that standing up to the bully just once and giving them a real smack can be very effective in stopping the bullying.

#34    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 22 March 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

I've been there myself. I was Peter Parker personified in school up until about the 9th grade. When the testosterone kicked in everything changed rapidly and no longer was I on the receiving end. All it took was a total of 3 punches to two different kids and they never gave me another problem after that. I didn't start the fights, but when I was shoved, I finished them. My kid is pretty good sized, he's fast, and he's in martial arts. This other kid though was held back a year, has about 50lbs on him, and is trying to go down the extortionist give me your lunch money route. I honestly thought that was a thing of the past, but I guess not. If the principal thing doesn't work out and the situation continues, I'll have to show my kid how to be more effective than what he's learning in karate. Might have to switch his karate class for JKD eventually, would probably be money better spent there anyway.

I would highly recommend switching him over wolverine,Karate is good for younger children to give them a base to start off with and build up confidence.JKD is the real deal and would very much be money well spent it teaches a mix of all disciplines which in a real fight is needed.I have one karate instructor who comes to my classes twice a week to learn muay thai,boxing,and jiu jitsu.When he started he had great kicks but not much else,sorry but breaking boards does not equal strong punches or much else in a real fight haha.Hope everything works out well.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#35    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,157 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

before i got into boxing i was bullied pretty unmercifully, its a shame the kid chose to take his life.. damn shame. i remember i got expelled from school for defending myself against 3 kids who followed me home whipping crab apples at me, made it just about all the way to my house before they toppled me over i fought back broke one of the kids noses and got the hell out of there back to my house... they ran back to the school and said i assaulted them and they were just on their way home. guess who the school believed yup, the bullies who i had made complaint about for 6 months.

in my experiences as well as my brothers schools dont give a **** about kids who are bullied.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 22 March 2013 - 08:43 PM.

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"

#36    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,058 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postpallidin, on 22 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Dang. The OP's post article is disturbing.

I was bullied as a kid, but never thought about suicide.

Maybe the bullying is worse now, I don't know.

Its not really worse now days bullying has always been around.Now days we just have softer run and tell types in charge who in turn have passed this way of thinking down,as has already been said life is hard its a tough world out there.Learn to live in it and be able to defend yourself when needed or lay down and get your ass walked all over.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#37    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,058 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 22 March 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

before i got into boxing i was bullied pretty unmercifully, its a shame the kid chose to take his life.. damn shame. i remember i got expelled from school for defending myself against 3 kids who followed me home whipping crab apples at me, made it just about all the way to my house before they toppled me over i fought back broke one of the kids noses and got the hell out of there back to my house... they ran back to the school and said i assaulted them and they were just on their way home. guess who the school believed yup, the bullies who i had made complaint about for 6 months.

in my experiences as well as my brothers schools dont give a **** about kids who are bullied.

Did those kids ever mess with you ever again?

#38    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,736 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 22 March 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

I would highly recommend switching him over wolverine,Karate is good for younger children to give them a base to start off with and build up confidence.JKD is the real deal and would very much be money well spent it teaches a mix of all disciplines which in a real fight is needed.I have one karate instructor who comes to my classes twice a week to learn muay thai,boxing,and jiu jitsu.When he started he had great kicks but not much else,sorry but breaking boards does not equal strong punches or much else in a real fight haha.Hope everything works out well.

Thanks man! I'm trying to stay out of it as much as I can because the whole situation gives me a short fuse, so I'm letting my girl handle the school end of things for now. If it continues though, I'll get involved and everything's gonna get handled fast. Already told my son he wouldn't get in trouble if he felt like he had to defend himself, so we'll see what develops.

#39    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,157 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 22 March 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Did those kids ever mess with you ever again?

not those kids in particular, most people around my age left me alone after that instead it was gr 11/12 kids trying to fight me and push me around before i was even in the 9th grade, never really ended till my last few years of school till then i just learned to deal with it and do what i needed to do to defend myself. wether i took an ass kicking or not i defended myself because no teacher or adult would go out of their way to handle it themselves.

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"

#40    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,058 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Everyone i teach well the ones that are not fighters,never use what you have learned unless you have to.If you have to dont hold back!

#41    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,426 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I wrote a blog post today about a girl who ended up at the hospital where I volunteer after trying to shoot herself because she was being bullied.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#42    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,777 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 25 March 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

I wrote a blog post today about a girl who ended up at the hospital where I volunteer after trying to shoot herself because she was being bullied.

I think being bullied is worse these days, due to social media & txting there is no respite from your peers. I can't help but think that when a child is bullied and takes a gun to school to kill himself, he is worthy of our support/sympathy. When he takes it to kill his peers and himself, he is villified beyond believe. I am not saying that mass shooters should not be villified, just that this story could have turned out much, much worse.

#43    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 25 March 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

I just read that! My heart go out to her. That's so sad.

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 25 March 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I think being bullied is worse these days, due to social media & txting there is no respite from your peers. I can't help but think that when a child is bullied and takes a gun to school to kill himself, he is worthy of our support/sympathy. When he takes it to kill his peers and himself, he is villified beyond believe. I am not saying that mass shooters should not be villified, just that this story could have turned out much, much worse.

I think all these social media and texting makes bullying worse then in past times. Children and esp. Teens, can be very cruel.

#44    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

:tu:

#45    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Queen E L S A

• 8,507 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

I hate bullying and bullies. I've been teased my whole young life. It wasn't until high school that I felt like doing something to one of my bullies down the stairs. But I had friends that I could talk to which made the pain fade a little. Graduation was the best day of my life. I no longer had to endure the teasing!

I feel bad for the boy and his family.

Edited by Princess Serenity, 25 March 2013 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users