Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ancient sites in South America

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#16    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,174 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 22 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

You misunderstand Seeder, the OP just wants to show his pics, he told us several times that he does not agree with the weirder theories by some. Mind you if I were you I would check through the pics, I'm 100% sure you'll find something very interesting.

sure thing and have found some of particular interest!

Hey OP, apologies if I seemed harsh, looks like a great holiday, and something I myself may one day go see! Its just that we have had an aggravating  600 page plus thread on the damned walls and how aliens must have done it. Don't worry, you will see what I mean when the entity called ZOSER arrives, no doubt shortly too.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Thanks poppet,  for the great pics and info.  ... So,  some of THE walls are dressed  inside  throughout their width , I've always wondered about that.  That makes them even more impressive !
I'm enamored with all ancient Peruvian stonework. I think it's absolutely beautiful.   ( and weird and mysterious, thankyouverymuch)

Edited by lightly, 22 March 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,306 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

I think those stones aren't authentic relics, has there been any studies done on them before ?

the figures doesn't look ancient, it looks like something trying to look ancient to me.

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#19    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 22 March 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

I think those stones aren't authentic relics, has there been any studies done on them before ?

the figures doesn't look ancient, it looks like something trying to look ancient to me.

View PostAbramelin, on 29 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I once met Javier Cabrera Darquea (the guy who possessed a zillion stones depicting native Americans playing with dinosaurs, natives looking through telescopes, and all that) in 1991. His little museum was located at the central plaza of the little town of Ica.

His museum was incredible: from top to bottom, from wall to wall, in literally every nook and cranny were these engraved stones.

Soon after I entered, he came from a back room, and we introduced ourselves to eachother. One of the first things he asked me was what I had studied. My answer was 'chemistry'. Then I asked him if I could see those stones from up real close, and it was ok. I still remember I thought, "I can make those engravings!", but I didn't tell him. He didn't say much, and I didn't have much time to wander around in his museum for much longer because else I would miss my bus (a 4 hours drive to the north; and yes, I missed my bus... something else to experience: feeling lost in country like that).

When I was about to leave, he asked me if I was interested in buying his book. I was, and he signed it for me:

Posted Image

OK, a few days later (yes, I found my way back) I met an artist who recreated ancient Incan and Nazcan pottery:

Posted Image

He demonstrated his art to us, and I bought one of his creations. Then I made a 'mistake', lol: I asked him in my best Spanish if he had ever heard of Cabrera and his engraved stones...

I don't know what he had heard me say, or maybe he assumed I thought he was one of those who made those fake stones for Cabrera, but he nearly exploded: he almost yelled in my face, saying that he was NOT ONE OF THOSE FRAUDS, and that he only recreated the ancient pottery because he wanted his ancestors' art to be preserved for humanity.

OK, so I excused myself and said I never intended to even suggest he was one of Cabrera's men. He cooled down, excused himself too for his outburst... and asked me if I was interested in buying another of his pots, lol.

#20    poppet

poppet

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Posted Image

they are fake

#21    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,174 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

quote:   "The Ica stones are a collection of andesite stones that bear a variety of diagrams, including depictions of dinosaurs and what is alleged to be advanced technology. They are not considered to be genuine archeological artifacts but instead were recently created by Peruvian locals as curiosities or hoaxes."

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ica_stones

anything for some tourist bucks eh?

Edited by seeder, 22 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#22    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hi Poppet,

I am really glad you post all these excellent photos !! :tu:

I have some 500 of Peru/Bolivia myself, but most are of a lousy quality because I assumed it would be a good idea to take a cheap camera along (in case of theft)....and I still regret it after 21 years.

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,306 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 22 March 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Postpoppet, on 22 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

they are fake

media snip

View Postseeder, on 22 March 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

quote:   "The Ica stones are a collection of andesite stones that bear a variety of diagrams, including depictions of dinosaurs and what is alleged to be advanced technology. They are not considered to be genuine archeological artifacts but instead were recently created by Peruvian locals as curiosities or hoaxes."

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ica_stones

thanks guys .... I remember now ...  poppet's pics the best I've seen of them, didn't recognise them at first :lol:

thanks popps :tu:

~edit : I always thought the Ica stones were tiny .... I wonder why ?

Edited by third_eye, 22 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
~

#24    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Poppet, I am very curious to know if you have visited Arequipa during your trip.

I hope you did, because I found something astonishing in a museum of that city :

http://www.unexplain...95#entry2653304

I took a photo of that skull, but when I had the negatives developed, the photo turned out black. Well, read the post I linked to (and the responses I got, from dear ol' Legioromanes, lol).

Same thing with the photo I took of Cabrera in his museum in Ica, sigh.

Edited by Abramelin, 22 March 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#25    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 22 March 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

Poppet, I am very curious to know if you have visited Arequipa during your trip.

I hope you did, because I found something astonishing in a museum of that city :

http://www.unexplain...95#entry2653304

I took a photo of that skull, but when I had the negatives developed, the photo turned out black. Well, read the post I linked to (and the responses I got, from dear ol' Legioromanes, lol).

Same thing with the photo I took of Cabrera in his museum in Ica, sigh.

Is this it?

http://picasaweb.goo...ctPn1bCbmErEtsQ

#26    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hello Poppet I find this topic fascinating.
Thanks for clear close up pics and ideas as to the  human element in the carving and construction techniques employed by the ancient masons.

The drill hole and wheel are interesting too, maybe they worked as a pulley system to raise and or lower larger stones. Just guessing.

" Where does yesterday go to? Where does tomorrow come from? Is not the universe the proginetor of space and time? "
                                                                        **Time-machine Universe**
                                                            http://www.unexplain...howtopic=286269

#27    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,306 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostEverdred, on 22 March 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Photo information

Jan 1, 2010
1600×1200 pixels – 191KB
Filename: peru 088.jpg
Camera: FUJIFILM
Model: FinePix F30
ISO: 1600
Exposure: 1/110 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 8mm
Flash Used: No
from above link

that's a very good shot with a 8mm at 2.8 and no flash .... 1/110 sec needs a great pair of steady hands ...  Abe needs practice :lol:

the thing don't look anything like a skull to me though ...

~edit : slippery grammar curve

Edited by third_eye, 23 March 2013 - 12:34 AM.

~

#28    Lemieux

Lemieux

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

• I got the Rock part no problems, but still working on the Roll... Once I figure it out, I will call it a wheel.
    - Freddie

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

Those are awesome pictures Poppet! Thanks for sharing!! I could look at those and more for hours in amazement lol

As for the Ica stones, I'm sure they're fakes... There's plenty of stories around the net, but the fact that you can see with your own eyes that people can reproduce them exactly, holds some merit for disproving the others as "ancient" IMO

As for the unbelievable stone walls and masonary... WOW! Again, awesome pics!!!

BUUUTTT... some people have all the answers and the only mystery left is that they, who know all, don't seem to want to share exactly how these were built(extracted, cut, moved, positioned)
http://www.unexplain...csayhuaman&st=0

Swede had some good insight on how the "modern"(for lack of a better term) peoples cut the rock in the region, and when you consider the amount of work to hammer out a rock of say, 100lbs, we still don't have the answers on how the bigger ones were done, moved etc...Thanks for that Swede... A year later haha!
Those links were a long read, but an enjoyable one.

There IS soneone who has the answers apparently, but I suppose he's still marvelling about how they invented a bow and arrow and thus is far too distracted to share the secrets of the stones lol

BTW, that's kinda why I haven't bothered posting here in a year Swede... That Aquatus dude was a Mod at the time and that's how I got greeted?... with things like "Because YOU think" and such... quite rediculous lol
I actually was just curious if there was an explanaiton(some uhem... "rock" solid proof) for these "mysteries"... the walls really... and the true answer is we don't know how they did it. Got my answer and didn't feel like bantering back and forth on the ingenuity of ancient people. But again, thanks for those links. Some good stuff in there. I do keep up on reading this forum though... regularly. This thread and those pictures made me dig out my login etc lol
Maybe I'll post more often lol

I certainly don't believe UFO's came down lol
I DO believe some ancient "peoples" built everything mysterious in S. America, but how and.. when... and in some cases, why, they built it... well, I don't buy the conventional history books, and personally, I think the Mayan's etc, found these sites and took them over for themselves... and fixed up broken portions with the much smaller stones that still stand upon the older larger ones in certain areas. Anyways, that's my opinion on things... until further finds can answer more.
Love Tiahunaco too.

On a different note in S. America, what's with those mountain tops with flattened summits, and some with what looks like long carved "runways"???(I hate to use that term BTW as I don't honestly believe they were actually runways)... but 2 things interest me about them...

1- Are they actually carved/cut mountain tops?
2- Where is the material that used to be the summits??? There's nothing laying in the valleys between.

Well 3 things interest me... the third being... WHAT THE HELL?? lol

Here's one:
Posted Image

Did you get any pictures of these Poppet? I think they're near the Nazca lines... though I may be mistaken.

Anyways, cheers! and keep those pics coming! :)

#29    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

View PostEverdred, on 22 March 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Not at all: the skull I saw was clearly recognizable,

Maybe it's no longer displayed after 21 years?

#30    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 23 March 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

from above link

that's a very good shot with a 8mm at 2.8 and no flash .... 1/110 sec needs a great pair of steady hands ...  Abe needs practice :lol:

the thing don't look anything like a skull to me though ...

~edit : slippery grammar curve

The thing doesn't look anywhere near to what I saw 19 years before that photo was taken

And my camera was a very cheap and non-digital one.

EDIT:

To give you an idea how the showcases in the museum looked like back then, here a photo of a showcase with animal skulls from the Peruvian jungle, a showcase just before the one with the skull of the primitive human (and not the one Everdred posted):

Posted Image

Another one from the same museum:

Posted Image

And this is a photo I took of El Misti, the volcano near Arequipa (when on my way back to the hotel after I left the museum):

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 23 March 2013 - 04:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users