Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Woman claims to travel universe with aliens

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 23 March 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

Cracking hair-do though!
Maybe the aliens did it for her.
I would like to know if she has ever been called up to do jury service or ever will, we could do without these kind of minds in a jury determining the fate of others.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,533 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 23 March 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Maybe the aliens did it for her.
I would like to know if she has ever been called up to do jury service or ever will, we could do without these kind of minds in a jury determining the fate of others.

Oh I don't know, I can think of quite a few people i'd like to see banished to the outer reaches of the Orion Nebulea....maybe be need more like her on jury service ;)

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 23 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Oh I don't know, I can think of quite a few people i'd like to see banished to the outer reaches of the Orion Nebulea....maybe be need more like her on jury service ;)
Actually, you make a very good point there. :tsu:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hmmmm

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#20    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostLilly, on 23 March 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

I think the psychological line between fantasy and reality is even more than blurred with this lady...I'd say it was missing completely actually.
Was it ever there to begin with?

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#21    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

One can claim anything they want, but without solid evidence, it boils down to one persons account. Nothing more, nothing less.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#22    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Yeah she's on something.

#23    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

Master Procrastinator

• 1,058 posts

• I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I nearly had an aneurysm from laughing when at the 2:20 mark Philip Schofield asks "Who is Ian the Octopus-man?"

:w00t:

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#24    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

I found it too embarrassing to watch,I got as far as Ian the Octopus man and that was it.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#25    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,172 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ms. Cohen seems poised and amiable, even when her claims are being seriously doubted. She doesn't have the odd self-presentation or affect one might expect of a mentally disturbed person. Her claims seem to all rest on the belief that what most people would consider dreams, or waking flights of fancy are really mental rapport with extraterrestrial beings, and travel with them through space.
Metaphysical beliefs like this are not subject to rational proof or disproof. Suppose, for a moment, that Ms. Cohen's experiences are, in reality, what she believes them to be. How could an outsider hope to ascertain this? How distinguish between such a reality and something arising solely in the mind of the experiencer?

Edited by bison, 25 March 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#26    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Its curious that she described the suitcase and then at the end of the program he shows the suitcase/satchel and it looked nothing like she described.  That would have given some credit to her claims, but she couldnt do it.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#27    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,172 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 25 March 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Its curious that she described the suitcase and then at the end of the program he shows the suitcase/satchel and it looked nothing like she described.  That would have given some credit to her claims, but she couldnt do it.
  Ms. Cohen was asked to request one of her ET friends to go into the other room and describe the contents of a briefcase to her. None of them appeared inclined to cooperate. The interviewer then asked her to describe the briefcase itself, presumably by the same means. Using instead what she maintained were her own clairvoyant powers, she described a typical briefcase, at the same time indicating her belief that her powers did not work at all times. Her description was incorrect. The object produced did not look like a briefcase to me, at all. One could say, in her favor, that she was told to mentally seek out a nearby briefcase, not a satchel. For all we know, she did visualize a nearby briefcase. There are probably a number of these in a television studio. All of this proves nothing either way, of course. Her description was too general to establish anything definite, except that she knows the appearance of a typical briefcase.

#28    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I do hope she had protection, wouldn't want to fall pregnant with an alien hybrid or catch space STD's...

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#29    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

For an advanced race, you think they would have better taste when it comes to banging a woman from our planet.....say Kate Upton, Cindy Crawford, or Sofia Vegara as a start to the list of bangable babes.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#30    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,324 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Them space dudes might be ugly and they wouldn't go with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users