Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK's coldest spring since 1963 claims 5,000

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

View Postjesspy, on 25 March 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Its the end of  march its Autumn (fall) here in Australia yet its still in the 30s (80s-90s) in most places. Also its the driest march on record in many places and warmest I think. I think it will be a late long winter for us down here. It will be cold but little rain.
  A lot of people in Oz never seen snow apart from on the News.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#17    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 March 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

years back people would use their log burners, now the old have the electric or gas and today many just can not afford the costs.
  A big issue on the Canal Boat is condensation,its getting under the floorboards and has to be pumped out,BIG Problem.

#18    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

The Ducks are having a big problem landing on the iced over lake.Feed the Birds people or they will die through lack of insects,and its getting towards egg laying season.If they die we are going to have a nasty insect summer.

#19    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,423 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Last spring at this time it was unusually hot and dry.  This spring is cold and rainy even a little snow.  I think January was warmer.  The weather seems so messed up anymore.

#20    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Ah now you have something to tall-tell your grandkids about.  The spring of '13.

#21    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

In the paper it says that this Easter is expected to be the coldest on record, with temperatures plummeting to -15 in some places.

#22    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

So where are all the theorists on "the earth is warming up" ? its gone quiet around here.

#23    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,455 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 25 March 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

So where are all the theorists on "the earth is warming up" ? its gone quiet around here.
I didn't want to drag this into another climate change denial thread (its been done elsewhere as we speak), but cold snaps which are atypical are strong evidence for climate change just as heat waves are.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#24    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 25 March 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I didn't want to drag this into another climate change denial thread (its been done elsewhere as we speak), but cold snaps which are atypical are strong evidence for climate change just as heat waves are.

Br Cornelius

And the key premise in climate change is that the climate will become warmer. (i also don't want another climate alarmist thread)

Down under we are having a serious drought. One day of rain in the last two months. Temperatures have been above 25oc for the past 4 months. It reminds me of the endless summers of my childhood that streched into April (like back in 92).

#25    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,455 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 25 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

And the key premise in climate change is that the climate will become warmer. (i also don't want another climate alarmist thread)

Down under we are having a serious drought. One day of rain in the last two months. Temperatures have been above 25oc for the past 4 months. It reminds me of the endless summers of my childhood that streched into April (like back in 92).
The mean temperature will become warmer and cause local climate regimes to shift (colder or warmer). There are very good reasons why a warmer planet can cause cooling in Northern Europe.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#26    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,680 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 25 March 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

The mean temperature will become warmer and cause local climate regimes to shift (colder or warmer). There are very good reasons why a warmer planet can cause cooling in Northern Europe.

Br Cornelius

WHERE ALL GOING TO DIE. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#27    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,455 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't intend to die for a few years yet, but who knows.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#28    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Yeah the weather has been very odd.  Was almost warm last week. Now this.  Temp change seemed very sudden, was at work about 3 days ago doing some outside work and the the wind dropped off and then bang! picked up at galeforce strength and full of sleet and heavy hail.  Went and checked the outside temp guage and it had fallen from +5 cent to -2 in about 10 mins.

Its gonna be fun if the greenland icecaps melt and block the gulf stream, will need to get used to colder weather etc we will have a canadian style climate then, longer colder winters etc and waaaaay more snow than we get at the moment.

#29    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I remember in High School comparing latitudes of Newfoundland and Ireland, and wonder why the latter is so much warmer than the former.  If that current shuts down, Europe is in for some cold times, and global warming would probably do it.

#30    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,951 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 25 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Prt of my uni studies last year was a section on climate change. There is a misconception that global warming means universal warmth when this is not the case. The uk is actually warmer in comparison to other countries at this latitude due to the gulf stream. Now assuming global warming keeps up what will happen is the ice caps melt, addiing colder what to the oceans which will causethhe gulf stream to be redirected, missing us completely. Sadly that means the Uk is one of the places that, during global warming will actually become colder instead of warmer.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users