Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Host

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,938 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

The Host is coming out in the theatres soon... It's based off the book by Stephanie Meyer. Yes, the same gal that did the Twilight series. I found the book a rather decent read, interesting story.
I'm hoping it will be just as good when it comes out in the theaters. Any one else planning on watching this when it comes out?

#2    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'm hoping to see the movie as the book had a much better story than her others.

I just can't find the release date and school holidays start soon so I hope it's before then.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#3    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

^3/29

Probably not going to see this, ever. Just not a fan of hers.

#4    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,788 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

I didn't even know they were making a movie for this, I just watched the trailer after reading this thread.  I read the book a couple of years ago and wasn't really impressed. It dragged on a lot and was too overly sappy for me. I'll probably take my nieces to see the movie though since one of them read it too and loved it.

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,545 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

more of the pale eye candies

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#6    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Fell asleep watching twilight haven't made it past the first 15min of the first film so I doubt I would waste my time on the new film.     But The Host 2006 is a great Korean film well worth watching.

#7    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I saw the movie last night and really only have 2 personal dislikes. Instead of amber contact lenses most the characters have bright blue and the girl who plays Melanie has a really annoying voice.

Apart from that I actually enjoyed the movie, purely entertainment no great in depth story but a good way to kill 2 hours. it's been so long since I read the book that I can't remember how close they kept it to the story but is was enjoyable. Probably a 7/10. :)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#8    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

IT SUCKED BIGTIME. :td:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users