Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Time to Give Up on Lake Monsters

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Truebeliever7

Truebeliever7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

The creatures that live in these lakes my phaseshift or disapear to another realm ;). Making them all the more ellusive and all the greater reward for the catch. We could have connections to ofher worlds or realitys we hve yet to even begin to understand. Besides that there have been lake monsters for sure, almost positive there was a pleiasaur in one at some time, but it might be long dead. Either way aren't alligators and crocodiles scary enough? Let alone a bullshark that can swim 300miles+ up stream.

#17    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postpallidin, on 25 March 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Some lakes(very few) are quite unique, being very deep with extensive, unexplored caverns and some with an unknown deep water source.

Sorry, I have no links.

True - but that doesn't mean that its appropriate to assume that there are large, undiscovered, aquatic mega-fauna residing in them.  Big animals need lots of food AND a healthy population to maintain species diversity.  Then you need to think about the food chain that these large animals would participate in - there is simply no evidence for that.

The ONLY thing we have to support Lake Monsters are sightings.  Thats it. Crypto sightings are driven by belief, confirmation bias, and pareidolia - not by reality.  Not to mention that in places like Loch Ness there is a healthy tourist industry that needs a continued belief in the monster to survive.

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#18    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostHilander, on 24 March 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

I gave up on lake monsters a long time ago.  Now Bigfoot is another story.

Its just a matter of time until these "creatures" are in the same file as witches, Trolls and Dragons.

Where they belong.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users