Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    _Only

_Only

• 6,547 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

One day not too long ago, I visited a very tiny, somewhat hidden beach off of a coastline hill trail in Pacifica, California. I had been here a few times before, and loved the spot as it felt special. But this time it felt extra special. I wanted to take a photo of the Sun setting here this day, so I got there early to make sure I had time.

I ended up sitting there waiting for over an hour, as the Sun slowly dipped down in the sky. I ended up laying down, resting in the sand awhile, my head against a rock. I went in and out of thoughts/feelings/consciousness (may have gone in and out of sleep). When I became completely alert again, I had the greatest feeling, as if this place and moment was heaven. I climbed up onto a large rock, and shut my eyes for awhile longer, waiting.  Then a tiny little haiku came to me, so I wrote it down on my phone. I then got down and took this photo. I had never before, and have never since, been able to take a photo anywhere near this surreal, 'heavenly' look. Now I understand what it means to truly capture the feeling of a moment in time in photograph.

Perched on sea rock

Eyes shut, patiently waiting

For my Star to set

Posted Image

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#2    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,772 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Beautiful photo and haiku. I had a similar experience as a thunderstorm began last summer.  As I sat there listening I suddenly just felt really calm and serene.  I didn't take a photo of anything but the haiku came for me too.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

That is a beautiful picture.  Would love to see that place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users