Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ghosts of the past haunt tsunami survivors

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,995 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

The Japanese tsunami two years ago has left some so traumatized that they now believe they see ghosts.

Yahoo! News said:

The tsunami that engulfed northeastern Japan two years ago has left some survivors believing they are seeing ghosts. In a society wary of admitting to mental problems, many are turning to exorcists for help.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

How terrifyingly beautiful

#3    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,722 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, I think it's more psychological trauma than "ghosts"

But who knows? I also believe in ghosts.

#4    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

i don't buy into that,i don't buy into that that may be in some cases yeah without a doubt but it does not apply to all cases or etc!!!i personally don't reject this because it challenges my beliefs or etc it just does not make sense for all cases nor paranormal and supernatural case or out of the norm!!!i am not a science person and do not side with science or religion either but science is limited and works with theories and hypothesis i don't work with theories and hypothesis.science is based on theories and etc weak sauce to say the least and nicely too and really limited.let me tell you people something about science.science is powerful and useful but only in the 3rd dimensional realm and physical world.and science is just a baby it's still in its early stages and does not know all the answers and facts!!!Boom!!!!!!!!! take that science if science was so mighty and powerful and knew all the answers then they would't be working with theories and hypothesis those my fellow humanity and people theories and hypothesis can be challeged ha ha ha

Edited by Andromedan Starseed 333, 25 March 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#5    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

science is limited and works within only the chances of probabilities and theories and etc.a least conventional and mainstream science does.what is the matter science and scientist what are you afraid of???

#6    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

That was a horrific time for them and my heart breaks for each individual loss.  The images we saw on TV barely convey the tragedy.  I don't doubt for a second some people are seeing ghosts.  Whether it's imagined or not hardly seems to matter...let the survivors deal with their losses the best way for them.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,011 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

If a ghost is in the physical plane or mental, it's still a ghost.  What is a ghost if not a memory?

#8    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,587 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

i like how philosphy goes in the place of science.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Its quit possible they are seeing ghosts and also possible such a traumatic event has given them psychological problems.

#10    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

repressed memories due to trauma resurfacing?

Edited by ancient astronaut, 25 March 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#11    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

there would be a lot of unrested souls there. Some of them probably aren't even aware that they are dead. And that they are just in limbo. For sure they all need to be exorcised

#12    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postpitchp, on 26 March 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

there would be a lot of unrested souls there. Some of them probably aren't even aware that they are dead. And that they are just in limbo. For sure they all need to be exorcised

stories are just that. only thing that needs to be exorcised is that psychological trauma that has effected them.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#13    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

It's messed up. 19,000 deaths altogether... that's not something you just forget about if you were in the thick of it.

Could have done without the silly dramatic talk from the 'exorcist' though:
Aizawa, 56, dressed in a black sweater and trousers and with dangling pearl earrings, said in an interview in her home that she had seen numerous ghosts.
"There are headless ghosts, and some missing hands or legs. Others are completely cut in half," she said. "People were killed in so many different ways during the disaster and they were left like that in limbo. So it takes a heavy toll on us, we see them as they were when they died."

But she fulfills an important role either way.

#14    Freshness

Freshness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• Everything we Think we know is all Wrong!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

To All De-Bunkers and NB's (Non-Believers),

These people I mentioned above are so full of Bull Chips that it's over flowing out of their ears! I cannot believe they had the audacity, the sheer and utter Bells to say these poor people are all having mass hallucinations of Ghosts or mental projections of them due to the fear and distress the experience associated with the disaster.

Oh my dear Lord, I just want to smack this living spit out of these idiots! They just assume all people that see Ghosts or Paranormal are imagining it even if they have 3000 people sitting in front of them telling them what they saw and they still refuse to believe it. It probably all goes back to the "in my opinion" the incredibly stupid "Occums Razor" theory another bunch of bull chips man!

Come on man, open your eyes and ears, take a deep breath and slowly look around and face the facts that there are many things we do not know about, many, probably for good reason! But regardless many people just say I don't believe because it's so much easier then facing the truth and having to deal with a whole new set of unknowns. Most fear it will have a profound impact on their religious beliefs, but I have my very own theory, known as (Franks Epiphany), "What if everything we know is all wrong" think about that you stupid "Psychologists". Chew on that NB's!!

(Frank Fresh) L-Town, New Jersey

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

To Freshness,

Stop shouting and calm down.  You believe it if you want to, and others don't.  Lots of us have seen ghosts; some of us think they were ghosts, others of us think other things.  You sound like you are the one with a closed mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users