Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ghosts of the past haunt tsunami survivors

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,666 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Fresh, Ghost's can't be proven to exist so if people who have not had any experiences don't believe it's nothing to get mad about.

#17    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostFreshness, on 26 March 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

To All De-Bunkers and NB's (Non-Believers),

These people I mentioned above are so full of Bull Chips that it's over flowing out of their ears! I cannot believe they had the audacity, the sheer and utter Bells to say these poor people are all having mass hallucinations of Ghosts or mental projections of them due to the fear and distress the experience associated with the disaster.

Oh my dear Lord, I just want to smack this living spit out of these idiots! They just assume all people that see Ghosts or Paranormal are imagining it even if they have 3000 people sitting in front of them telling them what they saw and they still refuse to believe it. It probably all goes back to the "in my opinion" the incredibly stupid "Occums Razor" theory another bunch of bull chips man!

Come on man, open your eyes and ears, take a deep breath and slowly look around and face the facts that there are many things we do not know about, many, probably for good reason! But regardless many people just say I don't believe because it's so much easier then facing the truth and having to deal with a whole new set of unknowns. Most fear it will have a profound impact on their religious beliefs, but I have my very own theory, known as (Franks Epiphany), "What if everything we know is all wrong" think about that you stupid "Psychologists". Chew on that NB's!!

(Frank Fresh) L-Town, New Jersey

There is no doubt in my mind that the victims of the tsunami now have psychological issues.  How could they not?  They most definitely are suffering from varying degrees of PTSD.

Are they seeing ghosts?

I personally believe ghosts exist but, in this case it just doesn't matter.  What matters is that the victims get the help they need in the form that helps them the most.

Seems like it would be harmful to try to talk someone in such a state out of believing in ghosts but, to each his own.  Whatever helps is best.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#18    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,831 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Japan has the best ghost stories ...... simply the best

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#19    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

These people I mentioned above are so full of Bull Chips that it's over flowing out of their ears! I cannot believe they had the audacity, the sheer and utter Bells to say these poor people are all having mass hallucinations of Ghosts or mental projections of them due to the fear and distress the experience associated with the disaster.

Oh my dear Lord, I just want to smack this living spit out of these idiots! They just assume all people that see Ghosts or Paranormal are imagining it even if they have 3000 people sitting in front of them telling them what they saw and they still refuse to believe it. It probably all goes back to the "in my opinion" the incredibly stupid "Occums Razor" theory another bunch of bull chips man!

Come on man, open your eyes and ears, take a deep breath and slowly look around and face the facts that there are many things we do not know about, many, probably for good reason! But regardless many people just say I don't believe because it's so much easier then facing the truth and having to deal with a whole new set of unknowns. Most fear it will have a profound impact on their religious beliefs, but I have my very own theory, known as (Franks Epiphany), "What if everything we know is all wrong" think about that you stupid "Psychologists". Chew on that NB's!!

Well said.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#20    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,932 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 26 March 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Well said.

not really

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#21    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,831 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

the West really needs a new category called 'non-science' me thinks

not just 'nonsense' just because science comes up short

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Japan is haunted to begin with . I've had some very funky experiences there. There's a reason they make those hair crawling out of the tv kind of movies.
The sudden horrifying deaths of 1000s,usually leaves ghosts in its wake. No surprise here.

Miss me?

#23    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Deep breath .....youve been on this board longer than even I have . Dont get upset by debunkers . Everyones sensitivity curve is very different.

If they don't believe,they just dont. Talk to like minded peeps ,and know we are also here .

Miss me?

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

We've all had "funky" experiences.  What you make of them is a good sign of how rational you are.

#25    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Japanese amongst themselves believe in ghosts and have coined their own word for a soul that has not crossed over--yurei.  However, I'm sure they also have their non-believers as well.  The most popular hauntings are centered around World War II. Some examples of supposed hauntings in Japan are found below.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki

It should come as no surprise that these two sites of such terrible tragedy are haunted by the unfortunate souls who perished during the nuclear bomb attacks at the end of World War II.

Ghostly voices are heard at twilight crying and screaming for help.

Okinawa: Camp Hansen- Gate #3
After darkness falls, every weekend a soldier with blood all over his World War II fatigues and a cigarette in his hand would ask the gate guard: “Gotta light?” The MP would oblige and as soon the cigarette was lit, the soldier would disappear.Whether you believe this or not, gate #3 at Camp Hansen is closed because of this reported haunting

Yokohama: Ikego-The Middle Gate

The Middle Gate marks the spot where a concentration camp from the World War II era once stood. Here, thousands of Chinese and Korean people were put to work and then killed by the Japanese army. Today it serves as a U.S. military housing base.

There are five incinerators on the premises and three gates that separate it from the Japanese community. At the middle gate, patrol guards have reported hearing voices and footsteps, and have described the feeling of being watched by unseen eyes.

One recurring vision concerns a Japanese soldier from World War II in a brown uniform with no legs floating between the middle and back gates.

These incidents are part of a much bigger picture, as there are many more haunted spots in Japan. Most but not all date back to the era of World War II.

If you plan a visit to one of these spooky places, whatever you do, don’t go alone!

http://www.weirdasia...haunted-places/

Edited by Scorpius, 02 April 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

#26    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 02 April 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

We've all had "funky" experiences.  What you make of them is a good sign of how rational you are.
This from the Vietnamese guy named "Frank Merton" .yah. Well one of these experiences occured with two other people ,whi also saw and heard the same things.
One is now a hairdresser to the stars in LA .Married,no psych history . One is a translator for the American embassy in Tokyo ,and me with my numerous talents,and again,no psych history .
May I say ,lol .

Miss me?

#27    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Let's assume the sites are haunted by ghosts. What have they done to get left behind? There's no easy answer because no one wants to come across as being judgmental. The earthquake was not a punishment. Catch my drift?

#28    subliminality

subliminality

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

Ghosts are an integral part of Japanese society mainly due to the beliefs of the Shinto religion. Ghosts are often seen in white clothing and in more rare cases have been known to be malevolent thus serving as the basis for movies like "Ringu" (The Ring) and "Ju-On" (The Grudge). As you can guesstimate there's a running theme with spirits, they always wear white. Typically if someone is having a psychological break they tend to encounter things that are more personalized to their own feelings of insecurity and interpretations of fear, hence why in American culture it's hardly possible to be able to manifest a spirit into the physical world yet EVP, knocks & groans, etc. are so easily captured for posterity. In Japan however, ghost encounters are entirely unexpected and seen as an unwanted intrusion to their lives in the living world (regardless if the spirit is angelic or evil). It is known so much in fact that you can even see it in all aspects of Japan's modern pop culture (watch the video below for some scares & laughs).

Edited by subliminality, 03 April 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#29    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Wherever deaths may have occurred--you'll most likely run into a few of these guys. Be it in a hospital, on some lonely road, or right underneath your home or in your back yard...they're everywhere--and yet only a select few are able to hear, feel or actually see them.

Edited by NiteMarcher, 24 May 2013 - 11:43 AM.

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

When you respond with ridicule rather than reason, you only discredit yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users