Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Government has right to infringe your freedom

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 25 March 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Agreed things are messed up, but if all governments were overthrown who would everyone cry to when they realize how much those governments actually do to keep society intact?

A new government... I know what you are thinking, but I mean one that is built on the foundations of being a service for the people. Where anyone can run for the lead role. Where money is not allowed to control decisions etc. The Government would also have full control of the central banking system if we used money again. Laws would be based on morals, the government would only make decisions based on votes. They could not just put a new law in or change tax etc. Their job would be payed the same as any other, no benefits where they can charge through tax to have houses or Kit Kats. Media would have to be unbiased and disconnected form the government and elitists who use money to control it.

It will never happen though, I lost faith in humanity as a whole a long time ago. Only a few are not blind and see how the world is and know it shouldn't be this way.

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 25 March 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

As much as I agree with you, it will never happen. The government has generationlly cultured too many for too long to become too dependent on said government.

Yeah true, it's really sad though. As a society we have given them this power and situation.

View Postnotoverrated, on 25 March 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

and plus they have the bombs.

Who makes them though? Ad who actually sets them up? Fires them? etc...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 March 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

A new government... I know what you are thinking, but I mean one that is built on the foundations of being a service for the people. Where anyone can run for the lead role. Where money is not allowed to control decisions etc. The Government would also have full control of the central banking system if we used money again. Laws would be based on morals, the government would only make decisions based on votes. They could not just put a new law in or change tax etc. Their job would be payed the same as any other, no benefits where they can charge through tax to have houses or Kit Kats. Media would have to be unbiased and disconnected form the government and elitists who use money to control it.

It will never happen though, I lost faith in humanity as a whole a long time ago. Only a few are not blind and see how the world is and know it shouldn't be this way.

Yeah true, it's really sad though. As a society we have given them this power and situation.

Who makes them though? Ad who actually sets them up? Fires them? etc...
well im sure they have enough to keep people in check and why cant they fire them?

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#18    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

The best way to go about it is to remove these morons from office and force a little accountability.

They look at us as serfs, not constituents. The role of power has completely reversed.

Of course, in some instances, such as a foreign invasion, government needs to consolidate power to thwart any advances from a foreign military power. They need to use all assets they have to ensure there still a United States standing. But, as for the current governments across the country, they seem to be apart of a grander agenda and are using their power more and more to interfere with our personal lives on completely arbitrary levels.

But to outright say, "No, you don't know any thing, submit to the government" equates to "We own you; you think otherwise and you're our enemy"...

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#19    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,803 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Dude, really? He should be taken out of office before the next election.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#20    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

We are a people and its government not a government and its people.

Posted Image

#21    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm not surpised. We are being coralled into one way of living everyday. It's terrifying. And it isn't all from the government, although how much easier to rule when everyone is expected to act, live, be, the same. Where variation is wrong, financially penalized, difficult to do, outlawed.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 25 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#22    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 25 March 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

well im sure they have enough to keep people in check and why cant they fire them?

Missiles and bombs need to be set up, activated and then it all depends on the system they have have to be fired by. Like a pilot, now will that pilot drop those bombs on civilians? The military is supposed to be there to protect civilians NOT the government.

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 25 March 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

We are a people and its government not a government and its people.

Well it's the way it should be, but if you think it is that way then you need to see the reality.

Edited by Coffey, 25 March 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#23    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 March 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Missiles and bombs need to be set up, activated and then it all depends on the system they have have to be fired by. Like a pilot, now will that pilot drop those bombs on civilians? The military is supposed to be there to protect civilians NOT the government.

Well it's the way it should be, but if you think it is that way then you need to see the reality.
i dont trust they wouldnt.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#24    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,118 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 March 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

I know. Just saying.

Posted Image

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 25 March 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

I know. Just saying.

Oh sorry, thought you meant it was that way..

View Postnotoverrated, on 25 March 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

i dont trust they wouldnt.

Well there was a n article posted on here about Obama and the government getting rid of soldiers who wouldn't fire upon civilians if ordered to. So I see why you would think that. I would just hope none of them really would.

#26    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 25 March 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

I'm not surpised. We are being coralled into one way of living everyday. It's terrifying. And it isn't all from the government, although how much easier to rule when everyone is expected to act, live, be, the same. Where variation is wrong, financially penalized, difficult to do, outlawed.
Yeah the book 1984 comes to mind

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#27    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 25 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Yeah the book 1984 comes to mind

The term conformity comes to mind in a broader, more dystopian sense.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#28    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Nanny Bloomberg's NYC is a modern day utopia for snobs and elitists, I know I live there.

For the past 11 years this Boston born impish billionaire with a Napoleonic complex has been Mayor of NYC, and during his reign our city's population has changed from its original hard-working lower middle class base to an upper middle-class elitist base which 100% lovingly approve of the Nanny's efforts to infringe on all aspects of NYers' daily lifes.

Stop and Frisk; No cigarette smoking in city parks or bars; Caloric values on Menus; No Supersize soft drinks over 16oz; etc., are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the infringements that regular NYers face on a daily basis in Bloomberg's NY.

But of course some would argue that all of this is good for our society even if someone's freedom is being infringed.

I sometimes wonder what our Founding Fathers would have thought of nanny politicians like Bloomberg.

#29    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

This is news?People have been freely giving their rights away for years now.The ones who keep voting for bigger gov and the people in it need someone to tell them what to eat,drink,smoke,and how much they may have.Its the only way they can live.The personaly responsible are a dieing breed.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#30    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 25 March 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Nanny Bloomberg's NYC is a modern day utopia for snobs and elitists, I know I live there.

For the past 11 years this Boston born impish billionaire with a Napoleonic complex has been Mayor of NYC, and during his reign our city's population has changed from its original hard-working lower middle class base to an upper middle-class elitist base which 100% lovingly approve of the Nanny's efforts to infringe on all aspects of NYers' daily lifes.

Stop and Frisk; No cigarette smoking in city parks or bars; Caloric values on Menus; No Supersize soft drinks over 16oz; etc., are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the infringements that regular NYers face on a daily basis in Bloomberg's NY.

But of course some would argue that all of this is good for our society even if someone's freedom is being infringed.

I sometimes wonder what our Founding Fathers would have thought of nanny politicians like Bloomberg.

What? Really? He forces menus to list the calories of their foods? How tyrannical! You truly do not have any freedom.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users