Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito re-trial

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

I didn't follow the original case very closely but I know that there was a thread on here about it.  So just thought I would share this in case it is of interest to anyone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21936308

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,272 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

well obviously the Italians don't do "double jeopardy".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,831 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hard to say if the U.S. will extradite her or not.  We have a treaty, but that case proven again and again how bad the forensics for the case were done.  Even when she was arrested and sent to prison, they said she tested positive for HIV(whether from faulty test or from a lie) to get a list of past sex partners to then leak to the media to be used as "evidence"(slander) against her.

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,018 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm trying to understand why the Italians are so hell-bent on putting this girl behind bars.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 26 March 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I'm trying to understand why the Italians are so hell-bent on putting this girl behind bars.

That's what I would like to know, as well.

#6    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

There is NO WAY in hell the US will extradite her. Never. I rather hope Sollecito gets the hell out of Dodge before they can put that poor boy through all that again. The Italian courts are a damn joke.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#7    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

The Italian prosecutor is flat crazy, a huge egomaniac, and has a terrible record of totally botching cases and putting the wrong people in jail.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#8    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

If I was her I wouldn't leave the country. She was released by an Italian judge. She isa scape goat for sure.

#9    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

If she won't leave though they'll just say that proves she's hiding something, and that if she was innocent she'd face the trial...

Posted Image

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,627 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 26 March 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

If she won't leave though they'll just say that proves she's hiding something, and that if she was innocent she'd face the trial...
If she went back to Italy then she'd deserve what ever they decided to do to her.  It's ridiculous.  I feel badly for the young woman who was murdered.  She does deserve justice but I don't think it CAN be arrived at in Italy at this point.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postand then, on 26 March 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

If she went back to Italy then she'd deserve what ever they decided to do to her.  It's ridiculous.  I feel badly for the young woman who was murdered.  She does deserve justice but I don't think it CAN be arrived at in Italy at this point.
Whatever happened, it's icky that she's making money from a book about the tragedy of Meredith's death. Very bad taste.

Posted Image

#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 26 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Whatever happened, it's icky that she's making money from a book about the tragedy of Meredith's death. Very bad taste.

I don't really think her intention in writing the book is to make money. Knox has been villified by the Italian press, and by Meredith's family, and I think this is her way of getting her story out there.

#13    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,831 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

It's probably politically driven.  It's win/win for them.  If she get's extradited then they can flaunt how they "forced" the U.S.A. to send one of their citizens over for their judgement.  If she doesn't get extradited they can use it as a way to gain points from those who dislike the U.S.A.

#14    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostKowalski, on 26 March 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

I don't really think her intention in writing the book is to make money. Knox has been villified by the Italian press, and by Meredith's family, and I think this is her way of getting her story out there.
I never said it was her intention, but as it stands she's making $4 million out of this murder, whether she did it or not. Doesn't look too good if all you want is to get your story out there.

Edited by Queen in the North, 26 March 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image

#15    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,831 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 26 March 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I never said it was her intention, but as it stands she's making $4 million out of this murder, whether she did it or not. Doesn't look too good if all you want is to get your story out there.

Honestly, if my career was delayed(since she can continue her education now, not sure if she is) and possibly ruined(from the reputation she has)before it even got started by being thrown in jail for 4 years and all the bad media, I wouldn't pass on making some money out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users