Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito re-trial

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 04 May 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Thank you for making my point, yup she is definitely being demonised.

No lib, I'm not making any point in agreement with you on this case. I'm amused at reading about Sollecito who's now taken his unique brand of personal relationship style to Switzerland. He's giving assurances that he'll be returning to Italy. Yeah, after he's dragged kicking and screaming from underneath which ever rock he's hiding beneath. Maybe his Seattle girlfriend will send video testimony to help him. :P Maybe she'll also simultaneously drop a cartwheel or three before the camera. If they pay up front, I'm sure it could be arranged.

#62    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostAntilles, on 04 May 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

No lib, I'm not making any point in agreement with you on this case. I'm amused at reading about Sollecito who's now taken his unique brand of personal relationship style to Switzerland. He's giving assurances that he'll be returning to Italy. Yeah, after he's dragged kicking and screaming from underneath which ever rock he's hiding beneath. Maybe his Seattle girlfriend will send video testimony to help him. :P Maybe she'll also simultaneously drop a cartwheel or three before the camera. If they pay up front, I'm sure it could be arranged.
Oh I realise you were trying to say the opposite of my position, fact is in doing so you made my point that she is being demonised - by yourself and others, in fact that they are both being demonised when there is already a convicted felon in jail for this crime with actual evidence that directly links him to the crime - fancy that real evidence and real conviction.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#63    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,229 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

lib, Knox and Sollecito's acquittals have been overturned.

Where is this message being lost?

The Italians are going to rerun the appeal to their convictions.

It is not the slam dunk that you and others want people to believe.

The Seattle cartwheeler will never go back to Italy. She's not bright but she's not that stupid. As she wallows in the money that you will pay to read her sordid little explanation as to how she really, really didn't have anything to do with Meredith Kercher's death, you might slightly remember Sollecito's little tome from last year which doesn't paint her reaction to the murder scene in glowing terms.

H'm. She never really explained telling the cops that Patrick Lumumba was the guilty party even though he had a rock solid alibi. I mean, a nice innocent girl implicating a truly innocent man. :devil:  Or is that acceptable behavior for the cartwheeler from Seattle? Not for anyone else, I expect, but just for her because she's so special.....

#64    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostAntilles, on 04 May 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

lib, Knox and Sollecito's acquittals have been overturned.

Where is this message being lost?

The Italians are going to rerun the appeal to their convictions.

It is not the slam dunk that you and others want people to believe.

The Seattle cartwheeler will never go back to Italy. She's not bright but she's not that stupid. As she wallows in the money that you will pay to read her sordid little explanation as to how she really, really didn't have anything to do with Meredith Kercher's death, you might slightly remember Sollecito's little tome from last year which doesn't paint her reaction to the murder scene in glowing terms.

H'm. She never really explained telling the cops that Patrick Lumumba was the guilty party even though he had a rock solid alibi. I mean, a nice innocent girl implicating a truly innocent man. :devil:  Or is that acceptable behavior for the cartwheeler from Seattle? Not for anyone else, I expect, but just for her because she's so special.....
I have no intention or need to buy her book, but that is neither here nor there, I still think she is innocent and being painted black by a bunch of folk who want to put her away because she "looks" guilty not because the evidence says that she is.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#65    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,070 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

If you want proof of the deliberate media smearing she got, just look at what happened when she first thrown in jail.  She supposedly tested HIV positive(this was later discovered to be false) and forced to list all of her sexual partners to the police.  That list was then leaked(given) to the media to further ridicule her as a **** and a killer.

#66    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,360 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

Appears Mrs Knox is still on Trial...
http://seattletimes....aknox01xml.html

FLORENCE, Italy — The Florence appellate court hearing Amanda Knox’s third trial in her roommate’s murder agreed Monday to run additional DNA tests on the presumed weapon but rejected more than a dozen other defense requests for new testimony or evidence.

On the trial’s opening day, presiding Judge Alessandro Nencini said the court agreed to test one DNA trace not previously examined on the knife that prosecutors allege killed British student Meredith Kercher; the trace had previously been deemed too small to test.

Appears that being withdrawn during your arrest and trial, and having minor discrepencies with your boyfriends story, is still cause to try to send people to prison in Italy.

It appears according to this article anyway that the Italian authorities are grasping at straws, and simply don't want to admit that they screwed up.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#67    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,382 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostWickian, on 26 March 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Hard to say if the U.S. will extradite her or not.  We have a treaty, but that case proven again and again how bad the forensics for the case were done.  Even when she was arrested and sent to prison, they said she tested positive for HIV(whether from faulty test or from a lie) to get a list of past sex partners to then leak to the media to be used as "evidence"(slander) against her.

Although we do have extradition it is conditional.  We will probably never extradite her.

#68    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,382 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostQueen in the North, on 26 March 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

If she won't leave though they'll just say that proves she's hiding something, and that if she was innocent she'd face the trial...

She should have left within hours of the murder.  There are some countries you should always come home if you have any trouble with the authorities.

#69    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,382 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostQueen in the North, on 26 March 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I never said it was her intention, but as it stands she's making $4 million out of this murder, whether she did it or not. Doesn't look too good if all you want is to get your story out there.

She not really making money off the murder of her room mate she is making money off her own story.

#70    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,382 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Postskookum, on 26 March 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

I rest my case.

BOTH trials said to have serious flaws in them, yet you know for sure she is innocent?

Is it like America knows everyone held without trial in guantanamo bay is guilty?

No, the evidence shows me she is innocent.

#71    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,451 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

And it appears that the knife found in Sollecito's apartment, which the prosecution has been touting as the murder weapon has been retested and none of Kercher's DNA was found. Of course, I could have told them that, it's pretty clear it was never the murder weapon anyway without any DNA testing, given it was too large to have caused the wounds in the first place.  

http://www.komonews....-227673941.html

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#72    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,612 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 26 March 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

The real reason is because the US won't extradite in this case is because they won't extradite when it's breaking constitutional law. In this case, the constitutional law that's being broken is double-jepordy. No way will the US extradite her because of that.

She is not being tried in the US, so the US double-jeopardy law does not apply - neither does any 'constitutional law/right'. The only valid reasons to deny extradition are because of possible human rights violations and 'double-jeopardy' doesn't qualify as a 'human rights violation'.

Provided the Italian judiciary can prove satisfactorily to the US judiciary there is a case to answer, and that the accused's human rights will be respected, then the US has no grounds based on the convention of international law to deny extradition.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#73    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,451 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 15 October 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

She is not being tried in the US, so the US double-jeopardy law does not apply - neither does any 'constitutional law/right'. The only valid reasons to deny extradition are because of possible human rights violations and 'double-jeopardy' doesn't qualify as a 'human rights violation'.

Provided the Italian judiciary can prove satisfactorily to the US judiciary there is a case to answer, and that the accused's human rights will be respected, then the US has no grounds based on the convention of international law to deny extradition.

But in this case, there is no case... According to several attorney's and judges in the USA, now that she's back here on US soil, double-jeapordy may actually apply. No mater what happens in Florence during this retrial, the USA isn't going to send her back to Italy. I don't think they'll even get Sollecito back to Italy if found guilty... I believe he's currently living in Switzerland. Something tells me the Swiss won't send him back either... they're aren't known for readily extraditing people on shaky grounds either. Just ask Roman Polanski. LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell, 15 October 2013 - 05:45 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#74    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,360 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 15 October 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

I'd be amazed if they could show anything new that would make any real difference. They are just grasping at straws for some reason. Perhaps some Procescution government lawyer was told he was fired unless he wins??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#75    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,229 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 15 October 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

I'd be amazed if they could show anything new that would make any real difference. They are just grasping at straws for some reason. Perhaps some Procescution government lawyer was told he was fired unless he wins??

Thank you, the member from Oregon. What a pity we don't have members from where Meredith Kercher lived to give their POV. :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users