Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is nothing? Physicists Debate

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 30 March 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

I like all this cupcake stuff. What about when the mind is silent. Inwardly, this would be conscious of a nothing, as opposed to the something of thought.

sitting still is the hardest thing you can attempt to do, every fiber of you body and muscles and joints was designed to 'move' not 'be still'
your mind is responsible for the 'moving' the body does, using the mind to make the body 'still' in effect tells the mind too, to be 'still'
but you will rebel, protest ... there are things to do, games to play, places to be, people to see, money to earn or to spend ....
your mind wants to move, wants you to move and will never be 'silent' you can only make it 'meaningless'
Are you aware of just how much of the things in your mind actually 'exists' or even 'still exists' ?
Thoughts care little of either or anything in fact, the mind keeps going constantly but never ever going anywhere, and thoughts are its tracks.
It is how the mind is aware of itself and you, by that mirror you are aware of yourself.
If the mind is silent then the mind is terrified of being blinded to this mirroring, 'you' still exist, your 'mind' still exist, but by existing, not by mirroring ... the silent mind.

You cannot be conscious of 'nothing' because it is the consciousness that makes this 'nothing' possible.

~edit : just out of habit

Edited by third_eye, 30 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#17    JC2

JC2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

• the truth comes with a straight jacket, one size fits all....

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 30 March 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

I like all this cupcake stuff. What about when the mind is silent. Inwardly, this would be conscious of a nothing, as opposed to the something of thought.

Exactly, the mind is the beginning the middle and the end of everything, the difference between a mind that is without thought and a mind that is void of thought is reliant upon the holder of that mind. If it is a conscious effort to be without thought then we have a zero point existence, a nothingness is now manifest, I feel it is at this point we become self aware in the limitless context.
This is where your potential begins, how far it then goes is down to your own design.
The quietest minds can discern the noisiest of thoughts, ergo gnostic.

the truth comes with a straight jacket, one size fits all....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users