Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One World Government - Good or Bad?

nwo one world government illuminati

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: One World Government - Good or Bad? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think a one world government would potentially be a good thing or a bad thing?

1. Good (7 votes [21.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. Bad (18 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Unsure (8 votes [24.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 27 March 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

I know what happened in Tiananmen Square, funny enough, I also get plenty of Google results about it just in case I didn't :whistle: guess the powers that be are doing a bad job at keeping that one from me. And if you don't like the government, well what's the difference between not liking it now? I would assume there would be political parties that would still have to be elected. Not talking a "this is your ruling party, deal with it" approach at it like the EU and China. I think it's sad some people don't see the potential.

Our current way of the world has hardly made life a bed of roses, has it? :w00t:

Professor Buzzkill meant "Google tiananmen square IN (while in china) China"   NOT in england as You are

Posted Image

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,054 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostCorp, on 26 March 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Depends on how it gets set up. If it's a dictatorship then yeah it would be bad. However if it was democratic or some kind of big alliance I can see the benefits being on the plus side. It's just when people talk about one world government in a conspiracy context it seems to be automatically evil.
You realize in a democracy Chinese will outvote Americans over three to one.

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,054 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postacidhead, on 27 March 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

The concentration of power results in more abuse of power.  A World GOV is a recipe for disaster.
In fact I think the world would be best off with a system of Singapores.  Nothing larger than about five million people.

#19    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,841 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postacidhead, on 27 March 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

The concentration of power results in more abuse of power.  A World GOV is a recipe for disaster.

^  worth repeating.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#20    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,054 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

There does need to be a system of international law with some teeth in it, but also with assurances that individual nations can keep their independence.  I don't know if human ingenuity could design such a plan, let alone put it in place.

What has evolved recently, a "family of nations" with all sorts of complex and overlapping and interconnecting institutions, seems to be making progress, but I ain't holdin' my breath.

#21    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 March 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

You realize in a democracy Chinese will outvote Americans over three to one.

A problem but not one impossible to solve. The question of regional representation vs population representation is one that every democracy nation deals with. Solutions were discovered and checks and balances were worked out. I see no reason why a similar situation can be worked out to ensure no one nations or region dominates global policy.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#22    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,054 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostCorp, on 27 March 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

A problem but not one impossible to solve. The question of regional representation vs population representation is one that every democracy nation deals with. Solutions were discovered and checks and balances were worked out. I see no reason why a similar situation can be worked out to ensure no one nations or region dominates global policy.
When you do things like that it becomes something other than a democracy.  I agree, don't aim for democracy, aim for whatever will provide the best government.

#23    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

My take on this is very simple: we humans are natural predators. We wouldn't be on the top of the food chain if we didn't want to. But we want to. You want to feel safe by being the strongest, that why more advanced and more destructive weapons are developed, so that no one can't eff with you.

What is good in my opinion in this respect about the world as it is now, is the balance of terror, different countries who aren't really allies have practically equal nuke and military arsenals. Destructive enough at least. But what if only one country had those? There's bound to be people and countries who disagree on one-world government because people are different by nature. Some just bend that way, some just dont. I'm the latter.

And in any case, what would be the situation if there was one world government, ruling over all of us on earth? And if it actually had all the power to rule us like our own governments do?  It would be only one dog on top of the food chain then, not several. Who exactly would prevent that dog from eating who they want? Any volunteers except me? Though I know I alone couldn't even take out more than two security guards tops on the long way to the evil dictator's palace...

It's not the best-case scenarios that matter, but worst-case scenarios, because those are more likely to play out when there's humans involved. And it's the ones who would use power to oppress who would use all the means to kill those who might be lucky enough to fall into a position of power and have enough ethical ingerity to actually make things better, for the majority of people and nature. The ruthless ones are the ones who will use ruthless means, make no damn mistake about that. You only need talent and hard work in addition, and good connections, and they'll have that. And if you become ruthless too, can you maintain a spine while at it?

Also, I wouldn't know, but a lot of times it sounds like democracy would mean it can only be ultimately good thing, a road to good things, according to some. I doubt it. Democracy is only tyranny by those who get voted by the majority, nothing more. They only have to be more subtle about it and persuade the public, that's the only difference there is between them and the other dictators. Voting is no golden ticket for paradise, it's just a mandate with which you say you're okay with the person who's there doing whatever they want as long as they can maintain their position there. That's how it is. You might think and tell yourself and others it's because of this and that, less taxes more hospitals blabla, but that's the end of the day. They follow their own agenda first and foremost and fulfill their promises only if it's needed to keep them on their chair. That's politics.

And, people just are different. Most of us might want some ultimate goodness, but there's many different views on what that would be. You might be isolationist and naturalist like me, or you might vouch for united people and the road to happiness through technology, or religion or no religion... there's simply too many different views and governments are tied to these things. Because no religion in schools or mixed religion in schools is still just as much a take on religion as having a compulsory religion class in schools. There is no isn't when it comes to that kind of things, just opposites and different ends. Try get muslims to agree on one-world government without making changes to their religious situation (like presenting them a new prophet who tells all religions are one), you can't pull that off so easily.
People are more comfortable when the government supports their thing, whether it's religion, welfare or taxes or whatever. That why it's better to have different countries, so people can take their pick and go to one which they feel is best for them.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#24    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,039 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

As said, if it were something along the lines of a "Star trek" federation or some sort...it might not be so bad.

I would think that "IF" (and this is a big effing IF) we ever get first contact from an alien species and come to find that there is indeed multiple alien races... "they" would demand the earth be represented in whatever councils they might have...so...that would mean there would almost "have" to be a one world government.

For some reason I just can't imagine a giant council chamber with highly evolved beings being patient as the "earthlings" quarreled over oil, water and food.  They would expect a unified voice for the whole planet/species.

Ok...that was the huge "if".  No...I do not remotely believe it is ever possible...

Personally, thanks to the greed and corruption in the hearts of humans...we would be screwed in a "one world gov"....I have to vote "bad"

Edited by Jeremiah65, 25 July 2013 - 10:23 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#25    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,992 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Good or bad I can't help thinking a 'One World Government' is inevitable so we (probably our descendants) will find out one day...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#26    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

We are already in a NWO and in a way a one world government and economic system. The symbolisim and systems of international organisation is primarily Judeo Christian. There's nothing 'new' about the world order. It should be called the CWO (Continuing World Order).

#27    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,475 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostDragonwind, on 26 July 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

We are already in a NWO and in a way a one world government and economic system. The symbolisim and systems of international organisation is primarily Judeo Christian. There's nothing 'new' about the world order. It should be called the CWO (Continuing World Order).

Do Russia and USA agree on who leads it?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#28    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,173 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Most of the current world crisis are best expressed as expressions of the "Tragedy of the Commons". Without some overarching authority to police international relations there is always an advantage to some nation exploiting the common goods to the detriment of everyone else. On a relatively unpopulated world we could live with the consequences of that - but in a densely populated world of scarce resources it starts to threaten the survival of civilizations.

We either find an equitable way to manage our affairs on a global scale or we will probably collapse as a global Civilization. I no longer feel we have a choice regarding a One World Government, we either do it or decline into a very bloody and brutal future.

Having a single or few dominant players dictating the rules to favour themselves (as the USA has attempted) just will not cut it as a solution to these issues.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#29    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,054 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Bad idea; there are a lot of things where interational treaties are needed-- air travel, stopping the spread of nuclear weapons, environmental issues, and so on, and some institutions where regions and even the planet as a whole can insist on civilized behavior from some states (institutions that we lack now, for stupid reasons having to do with notions of sovreignty, as though we were not all on the same boat), but in fact existing governments are too big to be effectively managed.

#30    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,475 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Whether it be one government or not, we are still bound to coexist and interact with each other. Both the groups we lump ourselves into, whether it's a neighborhood or country. Having or not having a one-world government is in the end a matter of taste I think. Because both ways do work in managing your business if you have the will to make them work, and both ways can fail if you dont have the will to make them work.

Just the problem is, if you wanna have a one-world government, it means you enforce your taste on this particular matter on others. I dont like that being done to me.

Also tagged with nwo, one world government, illuminati

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users