Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Monsanto Protection Act passed

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,791 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

That is not selective breeding - that is GMO lite.
You may have convinced yourself, but your not fooling anyone here.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#77    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 09 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

I dont have to post cancer statistics to want labeling of a food product. Sorry to tell you. Id rather name and shame those like Senator Blunt.
[...]
Sorry to tell you, but here it is
Posted Image
(sources in the graph)

Point me, where did GM related cancer kicked in. GM foods do harm even in small amount, right? So, again, please show data instead of half-witted RT videos (or YT).

Dammit... Edit: spelling

Edited by bmk1245, 10 April 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#78    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 10 April 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

That is not selective breeding - that is GMO lite.
You may have convinced yourself, but your not fooling anyone here.

Br Cornelius
What?! GMO lite now? Of course its not in the same drawer as Monsanto... Its BASF... heck, another scary brand to chew for fearmongers...
Now tell me: is bigger seed means more health to you?
If I will put plants on the stress with so called "organic bastardizators", will they be GMO lite as well?
If I will put plants under natural stress, will they be GMO lite as well?

Edit to add: spelling

Edited by bmk1245, 10 April 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#79    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,791 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 10 April 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

What?! GMO lite now? Of course its not in the same drawer as Monsanto... Its BASF... heck, another scary brand to chew for fearmongers...
Now tell me: is bigger seed means more health to you?
If I will put plants on the stress with so called "organic bastardizators", will they be GMO lite as well?
If I will put plants under natural stress, will they be GMO lite as well?

Edit to add: spelling
Force mutation by chemical actions and lets just see what happens.
Not the same as selective breeding at all.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#80    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

bmk I feel your too ignorant on the subject to have a conversation with. Im sure all those people living around Fukushima when it blew arent in the cancer statistics YET!! But we know they will be as will children from California to Japan as there already showing thyroid problems a known precancerous condition caused by exposure to radiation that takes many years to develop.

If the only independent studies are not good enough for you then I wish you the best in your GMO diet filled future. Here where I live I want it labeled or banned. PERIOD !!

Many other countries already have done so.

Tell me why would a company need to protect itself from litigation if it didnt know its product was harmful ? :cry:

#81    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 10 April 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Force mutation by chemical actions and lets just see what happens.
Not the same as selective breeding at all.

Br Cornelius
So why exclude GM?! Why there is no fking peep about induced mutation breeding? Thats efking hypocrisy. BTW, what that (induced mutation breeding) technique caused health/environment damages? Any research? Please do post link

#82    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

So why exclude GM?! Why there is no fking peep about induced mutation breeding? Thats efking hypocrisy. BTW, what that (induced mutation breeding) technique caused health/environment damages? Any research? Please do post link

nonsensical and trying to evade the language filter. tsk tsk.

#83    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

bmk I feel your too ignorant on the subject to have a conversation with. Im sure all those people living around Fukushima when it blew arent in the cancer statistics YET!! But we know they will be as will children from California to Japan as there already showing thyroid problems a known precancerous condition caused by exposure to radiation that takes many years to develop.

If the only independent studies are not good enough for you then I wish you the best in your GMO diet filled future. Here where I live I want it labeled or banned. PERIOD !!

Many other countries already have done so.

Tell me why would a company need to protect itself from litigation if it didnt know its product was harmful ? :cry:
Hah, Fukushima  you come up with. If you are a bit slow to understand, I'll try to put in simpler words: you were fed with the same "Fukushima" stuff non-GM (irradiated stuff, mutated stuff) without any peep from you. Just check (and parents of yours) breeds you've been fed with. Maybe that feed was lacking B12, cause grinders are rotating too slow in your mind.

And label. Why not label organic variaties where they come from? You do realize, that "organic foodsters" will p*** on all possible media channels just to avoid that?

#84    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 April 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

nonsensical and trying to evade the language filter. tsk tsk.
Language filter avoidance  yes...
Test - put facts, you know -  numbers, skaicius, цифра блять

#85    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

My last words are your ignorant. Im really not going to have a argument with you as you have presented nothing but vitriol.

20,000 Indian suicides because there promised better crop yield and x4 seed cost caused them to go into debt to Monsanto and in India debt doesnt get passed onto the family so they kill themselves. Yeah thats progress or you probably think there lives are less meaningful anyways.

2006:

2012:

#86    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

My last words are your ignorant.[...]
Who's talking, heh?

Heh,  do you even watched video you posted, huh?! Are you aware of situation in India?!!! Jeez; how Americans went to the Moon?....  Thats beyond me....

#87    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,791 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

We are aware of the malign influence of Monsanto within India. They are doing much the same when they prosecute farmers in America, Britain, Canada. The difference is its not quite such a life and death issue as in India.

The interests of Monsanto have nothing to do with better feeding the world - just feeding their bank accounts.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#88    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

@BR this ones kinda hilarious and sad at the same time.....

and yes Im aware of the current state of India regarding Monsanto:

http://www.politicol...es-permanently/

#89    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,277 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Br,asteroid no offense because i enjoy learning even more than i already know about nutrition and what you guys are argueing against (and know far more about) modified BS that is passed of as man made and nutritious  :rolleyes:  This was the first troll i ran into when i joined this forum,give'em hell and the truth no matter if he will eat it or not  ;)

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#90    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,277 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

A few more years and the numbers will be staggering!Nothing is known as harmful till the full effects are realized.Then the blame will be pushed on something else,wait and see  (shakes head that people can be so stupid)

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users