Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Monsanto Protection Act passed

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

If it keeps this important issue on the forefront and helps a few more people become aware of exactly of what this problem is Ill deal with the troll happily. :tu:

#92    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hypothetical situation: guy leases brand new Volvo XC90 he can't afford. He goes into debt, and kills himself...

Food for thought (few facts): population of India increased by ~25% (1997-2012). Corn production increased by ~200% 100% (1997-2012).

Can't afford to buy Monsanto's seeds? Grow efking tulips.

Edit: spelling

Edited by bmk1245, 11 April 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#93    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Corn production increased by

Thats funny because as far as Im aware they never used Monsanto corn just BT cotton.

#94    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 11 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thats funny because as far as Im aware they never used Monsanto corn just BT cotton.
I brought it just to show how much pressure is put on the land.

And Bt cotton... Can't afford Bt cotton? Grow tulips...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#95    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,791 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 11 April 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

I brought it just to show how much pressure is put on the land.

And Bt cotton... Can't afford Bt cotton? Grow tulips...
Indian farmers were able to seed save and did not have a large anual bill for new seed every years. It is the seed cost and cost of roundup which has forced them into debt and suicide.
Replace an independent and sustainable farm practice with one which ties you to a single monoply supplier.

You see, that is the primary objective of Monsanto, to make the world dependent on its products and to prosecute anyone who resists this attempt to achieve world hegomony in food production. As such they are a branch of the bigger American project to achieve world hegamony on all levels.

They don't even deliver on their claimed benefits - they do not feed the world, they make the world far more vunerable to a food crisis as they are systematically reducing the biodiversity within the agricutural sector. Anyone who claims to understand genetics will fully understand that a single genetic strain is a natural distaster waiting to happen.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 11 April 2013 - 11:46 AM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#96    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

A partial list of food companies owned by Monsanto....
http://www.snopes.co...ss/monsanto.asp

monsanto.jpg

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#97    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 11 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Indian farmers were able to seed save and did not have a large anual bill for new seed every years. It is the seed cost and cost of roundup which has forced them into debt and suicide.[...]
Have you seen this research (lengthy, but worth to read)? What was the yield before and after Bt cotton introduction?
BTW, how do you know, for example, that huge increase in corn production (non-GM) isn't the cause of increased suicides? Different regions might have been suffering losses in production, leading, consequently, to more suicides.

View PostBr Cornelius, on 11 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

[...]
Replace an independent and sustainable farm practice with one which ties you to a single monoply supplier.

You see, that is the primary objective of Monsanto, to make the world dependent on its products and to prosecute anyone who resists this attempt to achieve world hegomony in food production. As such they are a branch of the bigger American project to achieve world hegamony on all levels.

They don't even deliver on their claimed benefits - they do not feed the world, they make the world far more vunerable to a food crisis as they are systematically reducing the biodiversity within the agricutural sector. Anyone who claims to understand genetics will fully understand that a single genetic strain is a natural distaster waiting to happen.

Br Cornelius
But thats the situation I'd somewhat compare to discussion in this thread (where psyche puts very good arguments): all this anti-GMO hysteria just worsens situation - new potential players (companies and investors) instead of creating new companies and new better, safer and cheaper GMOs, just turn their "eyes" somewhere else,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users