Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Survivorman:Bigfoot in the works

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well, that and he's fat......and ugly and has the grace of a buffalo.

:w00t:

#17    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Come one do your research.  Bear was the youngest ever appointed Chief Scout, ex-special forces and he's a legitimate adventurer.  Stroud is simply a survivalist and what seems like a good one at that.  They both are skilled but the way you talk seem's like your one of those involved in a fan or war or simply pro hate bear for no reason lol.

You shouldn't go put someone down because you didn't like a show or think it's fake.  I admitted the early versions of Man vs Wild were sketchy, but that was something discovery did.  They were very open about what they did on the show, most of it was staged as in he put himself into extreme situations to show you how to get out.  That's what Man vs Wild was, not simply surviving but Bear doing crazy stupid stuff.

#18    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,188 posts

• Ah, but I was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now. Dylan

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'll watch the show, because it sounds like he'll be doing his same survival thing basically.
But as much as he's done wilderness treks, and having had only 2 odd encounters, I'd say he's looking for a needle in a haystack.

I hope he doesn't let footers fill his head with "facts".
He should just does his thing paying a bit more attention to the odd or unusual and see what he concludes.

Since he is always alone, if he hears/sees something will he approach it? Or, leave us with the proverbial and tiresome "What was that?"

So, yeah. Really not sure how this show will play out. Just some more survivor episodes would be my guess.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 27 March 2013 - 08:33 PM.

"That was definitely a bigfoot, you could tell by the bear-shaped body" YT poster

#19    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostGodofcats, on 27 March 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Joe Rogan? Screw that jerk. Thinks he can say or do anything he wants because he has a bunch of ufc guys backing him up.

No...I'm pretty sure he says whatever he wants because that's the meaning of Free Speech :no:

#20    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

View Postdanbell06, on 27 March 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Bear grylls is a legend!! :)

I like Bear but for the untrained his "survival tactics" are suicidal.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#21    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 27 March 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

HAHAHAHA yeah, I've actually gotten some useful information I use from smaller tips he's given.  But some of the stuff he does, is so far out there.  Entertaining to watch though.  I remember reading a story where a teen survived in the snow because he remembered how to build a snow shelter from watching Bear do it.

#22    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postkrypter3, on 27 March 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

I remember reading a story where a teen survived in the snow because he remembered how to build a snow shelter from watching Bear do it.

That's a pretty cool piece of information!

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#23    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,557 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

View Postkrypter3, on 27 March 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Come one do your research.  Bear was the youngest ever appointed Chief Scout, ex-special forces and he's a legitimate adventurer.  Stroud is simply a survivalist and what seems like a good one at that.  They both are skilled but the way you talk seem's like your one of those involved in a fan or war or simply pro hate bear for no reason lol.

You shouldn't go put someone down because you didn't like a show or think it's fake.  I admitted the early versions of Man vs Wild were sketchy, but that was something discovery did.  They were very open about what they did on the show, most of it was staged as in he put himself into extreme situations to show you how to get out.  That's what Man vs Wild was, not simply surviving but Bear doing crazy stupid stuff.

Which is exactly what I won't be doing should I ever find myself in one of those situations.

#24    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

• "You're the reason I live. You're the reason I die. You're the reason I give when I break down and cry."

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 27 March 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Nothing as spectacular as all that, he'll probably just do what the BFRO does and do the same things in different locations. Although one thing that has caught my eye, they have FLIR technology with them and they hear all these knocks, noises and stuff in the woods in close proximity to them and they never get anything on the thermal image. Granted, it's not the same technology we used in Nam, but from what I've read about it and seen on video it's damned hard to same hidden from one in the dark, especially a cool or cold night where a contrasting temperature is going to stand out.

Ah. Well, being put in the wilderness with angry Bigfeet tracking you down would've been cool.

I hope he does something different than Finding Bigfoot or the usual paranormal shows. I want something different than people going to places with activity, catching some activity, and then just basically leaving with a "we caught some stuff but not enough to really change anything" note. That is kind of the problem with the whole Bigfoot thing; nothing new or interesting is brought to the table. It's mostly the same stuff being debated.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#25    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,188 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostWatchingTheStars, on 27 March 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Ah. Well, being put in the wilderness with angry Bigfeet tracking you down would've been cool.

I hope he does something different than Finding Bigfoot or the usual paranormal shows. I want something different than people going to places with activity, catching some activity, and then just basically leaving with a "we caught some stuff but not enough to really change anything" note. That is kind of the problem with the whole Bigfoot thing; nothing new or interesting is brought to the table. It's mostly the same stuff being debated.

He said it wouldn't be like FB. But what that means I'm not sure.There won't be any close-up "That's a squatch!" stuff.

But in reality his show can be different all he wants, but unless he brings home some incontrovertible proof, it WILL be like every other show.

"That was definitely a bigfoot, you could tell by the bear-shaped body" YT poster

#26    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Bear grylls eats sh1t and drinks pee end of story. :w00t:

#27    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,188 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 27 March 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Bear grylls eats sh1t and drinks pee end of story. :w00t:

Well, then we wouldn't want him looking for bigfoot, now would we? He'd consume all the evidence!

#28    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Who gives a **** if bear grylls stays in a hotel for 5 days out of 7.
What he does for those 2 days is enough for me to respect him.

He has done things most people posting on here would never do or have the balls to do.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#29    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yep, haters gonna hate.

#30    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 27 March 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

I second that. He did teach me a few things whilst watching his shows. I wouldn't say he is safe when it comes to the way he goes about things, but in a survival situation its life or death. You would have no choice but to do risky things if you were to survive. Those grubs he ate were absolute beasts!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users