Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Nth Korea cuts Military Hotline to Sth Korea

north korea; south korea;

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#1    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,027 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yeonpyeong Island, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Wednesday it was cutting off a key military hotline with South Korea amid high tensions between the two sides.
"Under the situation where a war may break out any moment, there is no need to keep north-south military communications," the head of a North Korean delegation told the South by telephone Wednesday, according to the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency.
The North linked the move to annual joint military exercises by South Korea and the United States, which it has cited in a string of threats against the two countries in recent weeks. Tougher sanctions approved by the U.N. Security Council have also fueled its anger.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

Really? No Reason?  How about conciliation and mediation?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#2    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

North Korea doesn't want those things. They'd rather make threats until someone gives them what they want.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#3    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

"Really? No Reason?  How about conciliation and mediation?" lK
I'm w/ C on this one.

View PostCorp, on 27 March 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

North Korea doesn't want those things. They'd rather make threats until someone gives them what they want.
NK's behavior is irrational.
At some point, an end will be put to this. What I'd like to know is, how much of Seoul can be saved in the process.

I'm guessing Pyongyang won't be nuked by the West until after a summit meeting between the U.S. & China; and only after the U.S. has Chinese approval and pledge of cooperation in the aftermath will terminating the NK regime proceed.
I'm guessing likelihood of that may be ~<25%; but may grow more likely if NK's erratic behavior and destruction escalate.

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Just who is pulling the strings in NK these days ?

#5    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

So 1 less working phone in NK,i guess chubby has the last one left

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#6    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 March 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Just who is pulling the strings in NK these days ?

Yeah, that's hard to say.

I realize China has to some extent "buffered" NK for quite a while, in the sense of considering them an ally, but now I don't know.

China's not too happy with NK at this time, and NK doesn't seem to care.

So, good question.

#7    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postpallidin, on 27 March 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Yeah, that's hard to say.

I realize China has to some extent "buffered" NK for quite a while, in the sense of considering them an ally, but now I don't know.

China's not too happy with NK at this time, and NK doesn't seem to care.

So, good question.

With Kim Jong Il's death, Kim Jong Un is thrust into power.
I'm guessing there are many in NK's politburo that are experienced totalitarians that resent young Un's supremacy, when he's a lad less than half their age.
They're his senior in age and experience, but they're his junior in rank.
I'll bet ambitious totalitarian bureaucrats like that don't like being bossed around by a kid.
& KJU knows it.

For KJU to stave off a palace coup d’état he may feel he has to flaunt his indomitable leadership and skill by:
- successfully launching a rocket
- attempting to launch a satellite into orbit
- continuing nuclear tests
- etc.

"Ambassador" Denis Rodman personally visited NK, and had an extended personal audience with KJU.
Rodman reports:

a) KJU does NOT want War with the U.S.

B) KJU wants Obama to telephone KJU.

Candidly, I think some low level U.S. emissary should contact KJU.
Perhaps what's preventing it is they can't get sufficient privacy to promote / provide the candor necessary.

#8    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well a major North Korean factory that's run by South Koreans is still operating normally so they're not mad enough to risk one of their few bright spots in their economy.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#9    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,107 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

This will blow over soon. Then in about 1 to 2 years when they test another nuke it will be the same song and dance.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#10    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,665 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

KJU is a kid trying to play with Adults,they will tolerate him for just so long then he will be sent to the naughty seat by his Seniors.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#11    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

There will be know conflict between NK or SK. Its a farse to instill fear and propaganda to proliferate the war machine nothing more.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#12    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,107 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

I think its possible the military will throw Kim Jung UN out and It may become a military state

Edited by jesspy, 29 March 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#13    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Postjesspy, on 29 March 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

I think its possible the military will throw Kim Jung UN out and It may become a military state

LOL

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,165 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 29 March 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

LOL
?    What's funny about that?  As it stands they may mostly be controlled by the military but not completely.  If Un falls down some stairs - or chokes on some Jenny Craig - then the generals could REALLY do what they want without interference.  Not so hard to believe.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,027 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postand then, on 29 March 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

? What's funny about that?  As it stands they may mostly be controlled by the military but not completely.  If Un falls down some stairs - or chokes on some Jenny Craig - then the generals could REALLY do what they want without interference.  Not so hard to believe.
I think what is truly amusing is the idea that the Generals may not already be doing exactly as they please, I'm pretty sure KJU is a well played puppet.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users