Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Nth Korea cuts Military Hotline to Sth Korea

north korea; south korea;

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#166    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,958 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 11 April 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

When Seoul, which I can never spell, had the Olympics in whenever it was, '88, did NK participate then?
No and few others too

#167    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,497 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 April 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

All these arm-chair pundits declaring this world leader inept and that one a buffoon and so on get me.
Why? isn't it a reasonble rule of thumb that at least 70% are, all through history? Surely you wouldn't disagree with that assessment about Yeltsin?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#168    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,085 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

I would disagree with any assertion about any world leader made by anyone who has not studied their history and biography in detail, and I would further disagree with any one-word description of anyone.

#169    sear

sear

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

"I would further disagree with any one-word description of anyone." FM
Bush: twit.

"One day I spent a weekend with the great Billy Graham." U.S. President Bush (the younger)

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber."—Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times."—Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 18, 2002

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."—Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

"... I've decided to work with our State governors ... to move 6,000 National Guard troops on the border, to help the current border patrol do the job until the new agents are trained. That makes sense to me, doesn't it?" Bush

"When your demand for corn stays high, the price tends to go up, and your hog farmer gets disgruntled ..." Bush: 07/02/14

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," U.S. President Bush ~Aug. 5, 2004  
twit

#170    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,958 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

North Korea has been gaining the upper hand for a few weeks now

#171    sear

sear

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 11 April 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

North Korea has been gaining the upper hand for a few weeks now
North Korea has dealt itself a losing hand; and played it poorly for decades.

Which nation do you think the more successful? The more self-reliant? The more respected internationally? NK or SK?

The NK politburo rules in Hell. They have the world's 4th largest military; and seem to believe they need it (could be right).

The standard of living in NK is an attrocity.

Christopher Hitchens asserted that chronic starvation is such a widespread and persistent problem in NK, that the NK public is not merely about 4" shorter in stature than their SK brethren.
They're also mentally stunted as well.

It's an unimaginable nightmare! Obama would be doing the solar system a great humanitarian service to nuke Pyongyang; leave it a smoldering crater.

#172    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,497 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 April 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I would disagree with any assertion about any world leader made by anyone who has not studied their history and biography in detail, and I would further disagree with any one-word description of anyone.

View Postsear, on 11 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Bush: twit.

Indeed. Others: Tony Blair: deranged. David Cameron..... er... oh no, sorry, we're talking about world leaders here .....

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#173    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

I believe Nixon was saying that North Korea was gaining the upper hand on being the biggest twit. ;)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#174    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,958 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostCorp, on 11 April 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

I believe Nixon was saying that North Korea was gaining the upper hand on being the biggest twit. ;)
Sort of lol

#175    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,517 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Was watching war stories, North Korea and Iran could be in a alliance to attacked the world from both sides, just like Japen and Germany did.

#176    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,497 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 April 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Was watching war stories, North Korea and Iran could be in a alliance to attacked the world from both sides, just like Japen and Germany did.
with their fake stealth fighters?

H. P. Lovecraft.

#177    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,958 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 April 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

You forget Italy and Austria, and Romania

#178    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,497 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 12 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

You forget Italy
well, that's easily done. Hitler would've forgotten, if Mussolini hadn't kept reminding him that he was a Staunch ally.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#179    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,085 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 11 April 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Indeed. Others: Tony Blair: deranged. David Cameron..... er... oh no, sorry, we're talking about world leaders here .....
Ah you prove what you are.  I guess the lowering of important people gives you a sense of personal power, so I hope that is pleasurable.

#180    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 15,085 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

It's worth noting how rogue states with brutal autocracies tend to ally themselves even though ideologically they are worlds apart.  Even Germany and Russia formed an alliance and probably would now rule the world if Hitler hand'nt gone off the deep end there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users