Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The End of Life

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    jjphere

jjphere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

An old friend heard me tell some of the unlikely experiences from my past and told me
a story never told to anyone else outside the family because it would not have been believed. After
hearing it... I do believe it and hope you will enjoy it.

A* lived with her mother and two teenage daughters, a few years ago. While at work
she depended on the girls, while they were home from school, to watch her mother because of her age.
The old lady had cancer, but retained enough body weight to make the doctors think she had perhaps
years left to live. One day she came home at dinner time and her oldest girl told her to check on her mother right away
because some very strange things had happened there that day. It was all she would say.

When she entered her mother's room she saw that her mother had a glow to her face, and
she wondered at what it meant. Her mother was looking very happy and told her that
her friend, Jesus, had come to visit her that day and told her that her difficult life on earth
would soon be over. The mext day she was told that she was going to die and then go to Heaven.

A* was not sure what to think but she told her mother that the next day was her birthday, which it was, and
that she would be very sad to lose her mother on her birthday. Could it be postponed? She then asked about
the glow to her face and her mother said it was like Moses when his face glowed after meeting God.

Later that day, her mother came in to talk to her and told her that she had spoken to Jesus and
he would change the date of her death to one week from that day, and after that she could go to
Heaven.

A* hoped that would be the end of it, but when the week was over her mother died suddenly and otherwise
unexpectedly. She began to believe that her mother had told her the truth, after all. She also told me
that the experience had been witnessed partly by her oldest and afterwards it had seemed to awaken faith in
the girl.

I told her that it was my experience that supernatural happenings of this sort often brought out feeling in some
that God did not work in such strange ways. They wanted to place him in a box, as it were. But I told her
that God can do anything wonderful he wants to, and I thought that he operated in this way often.
It seemed to make her feel better.

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,750 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

It can. Some personal sense of spirituality/religion can be very comforting during our "last days"

#3    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

How peaceful. Thank you for sharing. :)

God bless.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Touching story.

#5    jjphere

jjphere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

One more thing, When she told me the story, she asked me what I thought of it, and
I told her that I never met her mother, yet I now had no doubt at all where she now was.
She was in Heaven.

And yes, I know that Heaven is not supposed to be capitalized, but I was told in prayer
that it is holy and that it should always be capitalized.

#6    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,477 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

View Postjjphere, on 27 March 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

One more thing, When she told me the story, she asked me what I thought of it, and
I told her that I never met her mother, yet I now had no doubt at all where she now was.
She was in Heaven.

And yes, I know that Heaven is not supposed to be capitalized, but I was told in prayer
that it is holy and that it should always be capitalized.
Who said Heaven is not supposed to be capitalised? It is a proper noun, like New York and, at least in English language terms, should always be capitalised when used as a place name. (whether it exists or not is irrelevant.) I think perhaps some religions tend not to capitalise the words for theological reasons, but in plain english  they should be treated as other proper nouns are treated. Take genesis 1 for example, from the King James version. In verse 1 "God created the heaven and the earth" but in  verse 8, "God called the firmament, Heaven." As a place name, it has a capital. I have a dog and a cat, but if I name my dog, "Dog" then it has a capital.

As to your story. It is quite possible it is literally true. God negotiates, comforts, and works with, people who are open to his presence. He is quite capable of altering a person's future in small or large ways, from saving them from death to postponing it for a week on request.
The physical  truth is, in part, irrelevant. Reality or hallucination, it worked for the woman and her family.

Edited by Mr Walker, 27 March 2013 - 10:54 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users