Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Stealth bombers sent to S. Korea

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#181    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 March 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Well I'm glad it's not just that they're armed on the border which is all you said earlier since they've been armed at the border for 60 years.  

Pakistan has nukes on the border with India.  Oh Ms. Pattmore the cakes are burning and the Hollandaise sauce isn't ready yet.

What do I use to justify my statement that didn't even go far enough stating that SK is 10x more powerful?  Their economy for one.  Factor in the US is sworn to defend the peninsula in the case of attack they're about 10,000 times more powerful.   This is just war mongering propaganda, it's the same dirty nonsense that we got served with under George W. Bush.  I cannot believe that people still fall for this crap anymore.

bull****. 10 000 times more powerful? Uninformed opinion as far as I'm concerned. The NK could still devastate the south in a war, and if its 'ok' for the North to have large armed forces along the border, then by virtue of fairness, it is also ok for the south to do so aswell --- regardless of whether they are stronger or weaker than the north.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#182    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostThanato, on 29 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

A bullet will kill you whether its fired from a state of the art rifle or an AK47. Artillery will still blow you up and the Navy wont play a big role other than providing air power.

How'd that work out for the Iraqis?

The biggest problem the US and SK forces will have will be choosing targets.  NK's most advanced fighter entered service in 1983 and they only have 35 of them.  Allied forces would achieve air superiority within hours of the start of hostilities.  I would hazard a guess that 80-85% of the NK air force would be wiped out on the ground.  You have to remember that the South and the US know how to fight this war and have been practicing and refining tactics for more than half a century.

So bring the human wave by the hundreds of thousands, and the 1950s era tanks, and blow the bugles - I'll stick with modern weaponry, cruise missiles, and B52 Arc Light strikes any day.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#183    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

The South Koreans seem unpurturbed; just making sure there are no misunderstandings what will happen if the North does something stupid.  I've seen no analysis from any respected sort that thinks the North could win such a war.  The only reason the South restrains itself is that it is a democracry and doesn't want the casualties.

A few messages back there was the odd assertion that the States and Britain have never had any concern for others, to which I commented that that went too far, which was responded to by the rather unbelievable assertion that what I said was unsupported by history. I suppose arguing that would be an entirely different thread, one so stupid and irresponsible that I would not participate in it.  I just want it clear that I have no truck with such excessive and outrageous and unsupported assertions.

I have to think that maybe somehow I have misunderstood it all.

#184    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 March 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

The South Koreans seem unpurturbed; just making sure there are no misunderstandings what will happen if the North does something stupid.  I've seen no analysis from any respected sort that thinks the North could win such a war.  The only reason the South restrains itself is that it is a democracry and doesn't want the casualties.

A few messages back there was the odd assertion that the States and Britain have never had any concern for others, to which I commented that that went too far, which was responded to by the rather unbelievable assertion that what I said was unsupported by history. I suppose arguing that would be an entirely different thread, one so stupid and irresponsible that I would not participate in it.  I just want it clear that I have no truck with such excessive and outrageous and unsupported assertions.

I have to think that maybe somehow I have misunderstood it all.

Nicaragua (contra wars), Indonesia (both in the 50s and 90s, right up until today in fact), South Africa (during apartheid), Israel (from the Occupation in '67 until today (and Britain even supported the attempted occupation in '56), China (since they became an economic powerhouse), Russia (during the mauling of Chechens around a decade ago), Rwanda (stopped UN intervention that could have prevented a slaughter), Iraq (during the Iraq/Iran war), Saudi Arabia (their entire history), Yemen/Turkmenistan/Oman and other repressive countries from the region, Equatorial Guinea, Iran (the Sha), Egypt (Mubarak and the military), Turkey (their illegal occupation of Cyprus and their disgusting treatment, including indiscriminate bombing of Kurds), Ethiopia, Pakistani military (though not as oppressive as it once was), Philippines, nearly-every-South-American-country at some point, Uganda -

These are only some of the clear cases - there are countless more brutal regimes that are also supported, turned a blind eye to, taken the stance of the 'apologist' for, sometimes financed, and even sometimes actually installed!

You can try to claim that Britain and the U.S. (successive governments) care about anyone but their own elite (they don't even give a **** about the poor and less well off in their own country, the evidence also suggests, never mind those from other countries who cannot help themselves), but the reality - supported by indisputable facts and even their own documented history and record - completely contradicts and exposes the lie.

They even try to mask this with "aid". When in fact that vast majority of "aid" is actually a collection of bribes towards such brutal dictators and regimes as those above!

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 30 March 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#185    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Well I know one person who I will not waste my time with.

#186    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 March 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Well I know one person who I will not waste my time with.

Such a silly non-answer.

#187    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,757 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 30 March 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Umm, doesn't telling the World where the 'stealth' bombers are going, kinda defeat the purpose?
Not if the mission was to be visible and send a message.  Guaranteed that NK has no systems to detect anything but the explosions after the bombs were on their targets.  Nuclear capable Stealth bombers will scare the CRAP out of any sane military.  It's a punch in the face totally in the dark until it happens.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#188    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postand then, on 30 March 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Not if the mission was to be visible and send a message.  Guaranteed that NK has no systems to detect anything but the explosions after the bombs were on their targets.  Nuclear capable Stealth bombers will scare the CRAP out of any sane military.  It's a punch in the face totally in the dark until it happens.

What yourself and Frank have failed to realise, A-T, is that the post you have quoted was a joke.

#189    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,757 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 30 March 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

What yourself and Frank have failed to realise, A-T, is that the post you have quoted was a joke.
It didn't seem like one - but okay...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#190    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,791 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Everybody arguing about who's who in military power needs to open these links.

This one settles the debate for the Koreans.
http://www.globalfir...sia-pacific.asp

This one is the home page. It's easy to navigate, you'll see.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
USA #1 in the world. Our air power is completely unmatched. We own the sky.

#191    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,791 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Actually this link lets you compare any two countries side by side.
http://www.globalfir...-comparison.asp

#192    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postand then, on 30 March 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

It didn't seem like one - but okay...

You don't see the humour of announcing a 'stealth' bomber?

#193    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,791 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 30 March 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

You don't see the humour of announcing a 'stealth' bomber?
Just because you know the invisible man is following you doesn't mean you'll see him. That's what's great about stealth. You can be real cocky.

#194    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 30 March 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Actually this link lets you compare any two countries side by side.
http://www.globalfir...-comparison.asp

I'd like to know more about their algorithm. If you compare them side by side it looks clear that the North by far has a larger military. The fact that the South spends so much more on "defence" than the North could suggest both that the South has more modern equipment and therefore more expensive equipment, and also that the North actually has no need to grow its arsenal (it should be mentioned that soldiers' annual salary would account for a massive difference in billions of spending between the two). And I think that oil must play a deciding factor in the results of who is 'most powerful'.

#195    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,940 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

seen a news report on Russian NEWS channel RT. where a Russian expert said the chances of war are very real and the Russian foreign minister has warned all involved to cool it down.

when the Russians start worrying i think we should also. the expert on the NEWS channel went on to say North Korea as suffered a famine for the last three years and the problem is getting worse so much so it is starting to affect the feeding of the Armed Forces. with that in mind North Korea have kicked up a fuss so the armed forces are focused on a common enemy instead of worrying about when they'll be getting their next bowl of rice. which in the end would turn its attention to overthrowing the leadership. if its true the little nut case might go out with a bang whats he got to lose?

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users