Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Maya Calendar Needs Shifting, Says Author

maya calendar doom end of the world

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,580 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

According to many Maya scholars, December 21, 2012 corresponded to the end of a Great Cycle in the Maya calendar. Prophets of doom, who predicted the "end of the world" as we know it, and their opposing naysayers, focused on the date with much anticipation. That day came and went as any other day. It appeared that the naysayers were correct.

But not so fast, says at least one author.

http://popular-archa...ng-says-author1

Posted Image

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

So the Mayans were right after all but the world didn't end.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,406 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,050 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Sounds very much to me like a typical example of trying to retrospectively fit things to your own particular pet theory, in order to sell books.
We've never heard of anyone doing that before, have we?
:innocent:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

As per the artcile, the mayan calendar as we know needs shifting backward and not forward and by 8 years!!

We know, of course, that on December 21, 2012, none of these events happened. But, says King, on December 26, 2004, the date that corresponds to the 8-year correction, very similar events actually did occur.She sites the occurrence of astronomical alignments "with a strong correlation to the ancient Maya calculations". Moreover, she points out that on that day, the earth was affected by a powerful blast of gamma rays that, according to NASA, wiped out sensors on their gamma ray tracking satellite, Swift, and was detected by other satellites, adversely effecting communication across the Pacific for hours. Also on that same day, a major Indian Ocean earthquake resulted in the massive tsunami that killed more than 350,000 people from Indonesia to the coast of Africa and inundating coastal communities with waves up to 30 meters (98 ft) high. According to scientific reports, the energy released was the equivalent totwenty thousand nuclear bombs, a force so great that it affected the rotation of the Earth.

Did the world end?
No.
End of story!
Go about your life, folks!

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,770 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

ohh ffs...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#7    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

:sleepy:

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#8    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

What a load of crap! The world didn't end & the calendar that the experts said was the prophesied end didn't happen.It goes to show that we have all been blindly fooled! Wake up world!

Edited by GirlfromOz, 29 March 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#9    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

The date was off by a couple of centuries:

http://www.unexplain...showentry=24067

#10    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

All this is such disrespect to the Mayans. It's making them seem like they where stupid when inf act they are not and never said the world was ending. It does not mentiont he world ending once in Mayan prophecies.

All that happened was that one calender ended.... Then guess what? Another one started. :whistle:

The problem is idiots not understanding what "end" means. It means the end of something, in this case a calender or time which is obvious but as usual modern people associate it with doom and gloom.

Instead of listening to idiots who are tying to make theories, listen to someone who actually knows:

And by the way, even NASA was wrong about it and told everyone the wrong information. lol

Edited by Coffey, 29 March 2013 - 12:44 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#11    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Now that we have eight years of history since the cyclic change occurred, I am willing to bet we can make the "shoe fit." People are building entire careers around this calendar as a prophetic tool. I suspect the Mayans might find us rather amusing.

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,613 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Looks like we have somebody here who did not make enough money the first time around, now he wants to go into overtime....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 29 March 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Looks like we have somebody here who did not make enough money the first time around, now he wants to go into overtime....
She could be mistaken for a man.
http://anthrojournal...hor/dale-e-king

#14    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,613 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 29 March 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostRlyeh, on 29 March 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

She could be mistaken for a man.
http://anthrojournal...hor/dale-e-king

Looks like we have somebody here who did not make enough money the first time around, now she wants to go into overtime.

Better?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#15    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Well the World did end for a great many people that day.

I wouldn't be surprised if the author's evidence was manipulated to fit in with that date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users