Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Black rhino:Poachers target UK wildlife parks

black rhino aspinall foundation poachers wildlife parks port lympne and howletts

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

View Postevancj, on 05 April 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

I don't think that quote was taken out of context, I could not find anything from the captain saying it was. But if you can provide something to the contrary I would be willing to reconsider.

I think I have done my fair share for the natural world both volunteering locally and in donations for organizations who I think are effective, and can work well with others, without p***ing off everyone. What have you done?

IMO SS will never be very effective, and the organization will die with your overly egotistical captain, whose memory will shortly fade into oblivion.
Appeasing criminals doesn't work.  That's a fairytale mindset in a wonderland of naivety.   The world needs real conservatives and nobody is more conservative than a conservationist.

Of course you don't think that quote was taken out of context.  You just visit pro-whaling blogs and take snippets and soundbytes off of such websites and think that everything you read about Sea Shepherd there must be true so long as you understand it in the worst possible context.   The context of that statement was describing the strategy in the media.   For clarification, Paul Watson explains:  "I think it was President Ronald Reagan who put that particular media strategy into effect, a tradition now utilized by the FOX network every day."    We've lost thousands of brave young men and women in Iraq on a pack of lies.   But that's acceptable while employing even more of the same lies to take people out of context just to slander them is acceptable.   At least you do it anonymously.

I've already explained what I've done in the SSS Bob Barker thread.  Please visit there and participate for further information.  What organizations do you think are effective and why?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#17    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

It's the Vietnamese elite who create the largest demand for powdered rhino horn. Idiots should be given powdered fingernail s. Same stuff. I say shoot them. Poachers won't hesitate to use lethal force. Enough people on the planet. Shoot poachers and anyone in the chain who uses or deals in rhino, elephant or tiger parts. Humanity has  gone soft, we will  never do my suggestion so unless governments spend millions in advertising then the rhino and tiger is lost. When there is no rhino horn I am sure orangutan teeth will suffice.

#18    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostYamato, on 05 April 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Appeasing criminals doesn't work.  That's a fairytale mindset in a wonderland of naivety.   The world needs real conservatives and nobody is more conservative than a conservationist.

Of course you don't think that quote was taken out of context.  You just visit pro-whaling blogs and take snippets and soundbytes off of such websites and think that everything you read about Sea Shepherd there must be true so long as you understand it in the worst possible context.   The context of that statement was describing the strategy in the media.   For clarification, Paul Watson explains:  "I think it was President Ronald Reagan who put that particular media strategy into effect, a tradition now utilized by the FOX network every day." We've lost thousands of brave young men and women in Iraq on a pack of lies.   But that's acceptable while employing even more of the same lies to take people out of context just to slander them is acceptable.   At least you do it anonymously.

I've already explained what I've done in the SSS Bob Barker thread.  Please visit there and participate for further information.  What organizations do you think are effective and why?

I think we have come to the point in this conversation where we should just agree to disagree on the subject of SS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users