Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Mystery bee deaths accelerate

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,989 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Honeybees have been dying off faster than ever with up to 50% of hives being wiped out last year.

New York Times said:

A mysterious malady that has been killing honeybees en masse for several years appears to have expanded drastically in the last year, commercial beekeepers say, wiping out 40 percent or even 50 percent of the hives needed to pollinate many of the nationís fruits and vegetables.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,280 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

POPULAR

and it probably will keep on accelerating while certain insecticides are used. But not to worry, your dividends from a certain company are safe, Congress just passed a bill indemnifying them from all damage they caused....

Edited by questionmark, 31 March 2013 - 11:05 AM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

seriously scary ****..

#4    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,793 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Very bad news.    I wonder if, rather than a mystery.. there is a plan?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,280 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postlightly, on 31 March 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Very bad news. I wonder if, rather than a mystery.. there is a plan?

Yep, there is: freeing the causant(s) from having to pay for that damages...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 March 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

and it probably will keep on accelerating while certain insecticides are used. But not to worry, your dividends from a certain company are safe, Congress just passed a bill indemnifying them from all damage they caused....
...which was pretty simple, since a former executive and lobbyist for the certain company runs the FDA.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yea let's protect the companies not the bees.  Who cares if some of the food we eat will no longer exist as long as the modified stuff is there and protected from lawsuit.

#8    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Well, when there’s shortage of certain food, its prices go up so does the profit. In that light, I can totally imagine some people running after bees with flyswats too, thinking not what will happen when bees completely die out.
On a little brighter side, I’m in backward area where the newest insecticides are not that widespread so the bees are still healthy (serious beekeeper I talked to recently says all his hives are doing well), wild bees are still alive and started to come out the wintering, bumblebees are more numerous than ever (they were imported to pollinate in closed growing environments and successfully escaped to freedom :lol: ... no damage, they’re just bumblebees, compatible with native bumblebees), so it’s not lost yet. Both wild bees and beekeeping could be recovered from hives that survived in godforsakenlandias, if someone grows a brain and stops the use of clearly too destructive insecticide.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#9    cherokeemist

cherokeemist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

This is really distburing. But get used to it, at some point in time we will pretty much wipe out almost all the species on this planet. Just in our lifetime we will see alot of animals, creatures, etc.. go extinct.

But....when that happens in the future we can just clone them back. Except they will just live in a zoo type environment, not roam freely.

#10    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

We are the makers of our own demise.

#11    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

wow this has humanity all written over it as for the person who said lets protect the companies and who cares if the bees die or certain food how ignorant and dumb to say the least can you be.yes you should care alot.is all humanities fault im not Going to pay the price for some idiotic people's mistakes.I certainly do not side with companies.I side with humanity and with nature n the planet herself and life.this sounds a lot like the happening the movie:( poor bees and plants.its all these chemtrails and pesticides that humans create!!!!do pretend like you guys are so innocent and wait we have no research or hard evidence hell yeah we do its humanities fault not all you know who you are people.

#12    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

If bees go extinct it's due to their own inabilities to adapt to change, thus is nature. Humans have a very high aptitude for dealing with change.

http://robobees.seas.harvard.edu/

https://www.youtube....h?v=VxSs1kGZQqc

#13    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Our masters are a bunch of psychopaths anyway what do they care as long as the zillions of dollars still keep flowing in greed is their only idea the hell with the rest of us biologicals.

#14    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostIamLegend, on 31 March 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

If bees go extinct it's due to their own inabilities to adapt to change, thus is nature. Humans have a very high aptitude for dealing with change.

http://robobees.seas.harvard.edu/

https://www.youtube....h?v=VxSs1kGZQqc
Well, then help yourself to a heaping bowl of neonicotinoids for breakfast every morning, and we'll watch you adapt-or die.

#15    awest

awest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Bees aren't the only thing dying off in huge amounts. Many species are dying off in the 10s of percents every year now. As far as bees go, it is terrible that it is happening, but other wild insects are as capable of doing it as bees. After all, who do you think fertilized **** before we brought bees to America? I am more worried about the fact that things are dying off in huge numbers in pretty much every ecosystem on earth. Heck, there has been a 40% drop in the phytoplankton numbers in our oceans since 1950. You can call the environmentalists nuts all you want, but phytoplankton is what marine ecosystems run on, it is the foundation. We are headed towards a collapse, the only real question is how long.

Edited by awest, 31 March 2013 - 06:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users