Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dog eats boys finger

st. petersburg dog finger bradenton

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 31 March 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Crates for dogs, not a solution to anything I can think of.
If you don't have the space to let a dog be a dog, don't get one.
If you have a dog and have no alternative but to inhibit it, give it away. If the only opition you have is to cage it, regret it, and don't recommend it to others... it is not a decent option.
If you have an animal caged, you are keeping it prisoner if even for 5 minutes of it's life. If your child sticks it's fingers through the bars of it's cage, you and not the animal, is to blame for the consequences.

I think if we waited on “ideal” pet owners with “ideal” pet environments we’d have a whole lot less deserving pets going to loving owners. And instead dogs and cats would be living in far far less than ideal shelter situations (caged).

I hate it when cats are confined to the indoors and when someone thinks all a little dog are great for small apartments and all they need for exercise/fun is a short walk to pee every day. But, considering the alternatives?

We all can’t meet someone else’s expectation of an “ideal and worthy pet owner” with GRADE A accomodations and pet knowledge and unlimited finances. But, we can all love and respect and be best friends with our pets. But  I would certainly rather someone with very very high pet ownership standards own a pet, than someone with no standards at all.

However, the owner in the OP messed up beyond "acceptable ideal” imo. Whether in supervising and teaching a dog-torturing kid or making his dog a real part of the family or his unfamiliarity with a new dog, or whatever the cause was...it cost his son.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 April 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 31 March 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Crates for dogs, not a solution to anything I can think of.
If you don't have the space to let a dog be a dog, don't get one.
If you have a dog and have no alternative but to inhibit it, give it away. If the only opition you have is to cage it, regret it, and don't recommend it to others... it is not a decent option.
If you have an animal caged, you are keeping it prisoner if even for 5 minutes of it's life. If your child sticks it's fingers through the bars of it's cage, you and not the animal, is to blame for the consequences.

Well I know what you mean, but dog cages are really good for dog training, especially puppies. You put a blanket over the cage and allow the dog to use it like a cave. You never annoy the dog when it's in there. But you don't lock it in, you treat it like a dog house in the house. It's gives them an area to go to get away from you or any other animals/people int he house, sort of a safe zone for it.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    RavenEyes19

RavenEyes19

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

I wonder if the guy blames himself at all for what happened. I've met far too many irresponsible idiot dog owners who don't properly train their dogs and then allow their young children to be around their dogs.

Also tagged with st. petersburg, dog, finger, bradenton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users