Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 8 votes

Next gross human evolution

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#301    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

no wonder you only have 70 post

you have no points

meaning your pointless

He makes some very good points.

Also, he's basically thrown everything you said right back at you. So if HE doesn't have a point, then neither do you.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#302    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

• The answer to 1984, is uhhh... 1812?

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

no wonder you only have 70 post

you have no points

meaning your pointless

Or its because I just joined in February and still have a real life to attend to. Nice try though.

#303    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I can't see an extra finger ever being so crucial to survival that it gets favored by natural selection.  If anything, a second, fully functional, ulnar thumb would be infinitly more useful than another finger, but even that is extremely improbable, barring a radical  environmental change that supports it (I would say it becomes possible for a species of humans living close to or in zero-gravity).

No, I believe the next environmental change will be a neural matrix more compatible with rapid data processing and electromagnetic signaling.  This would require only minor modifications which would have minimal social impact and would increase the chances of reproduction several times over.

#304    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,740 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 10 April 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

No, I believe the next environmental change will be a neural matrix more compatible with rapid data processing and electromagnetic signaling.  This would require only minor modifications which would have minimal social impact and would increase the chances of reproduction several times over.

Ok, I can see the advantage of a better/faster neural matrix...but how would that "increase the chances of reproduction several times over" ? I mean, is it like: "Oh, your highly advanced neural matrix is just so darn hot and your rapid data processing really turns me on" ?  Am I missing something here?

Also, nice to see you around aquatus. :yes:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#305    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,184 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostGlorfindel, on 09 April 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

I just figured out I just learned how to open a brainkey and that is what it told me. You disagree? You just closed minded holding back society.
And here I thought that pot simply made people Hungery and Lazy.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#306    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostLilly, on 10 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

Ok, I can see the advantage of a better/faster neural matrix...but how would that "increase the chances of reproduction several times over" ? I mean, is it like: "Oh, your highly advanced neural matrix is just so darn hot and your rapid data processing really turns me on" ?  Am I missing something here?

The part where she is telling this to the geek in the Master Bedroom of his Colonial-style home with the Grand Cathedral entrance (with skylight), 4 B/4.5b, seperate office/library, in front of the fireplace looking out to the 2 acre lawn.

Also, nice to see you around aquatus. :yes:

Hey Lilly, happy to be back ;)

#307    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 April 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

And here I thought that pot simply made people Hungery and Lazy.

Well, someone obviously hasn't looked into the sudden explosion of genius and intellect that was the 60's, where the greatest achievements of mankind were brought about by the young men and women in tie-dye clothing, expanding their horizons far, far beyond the walls of the minivan they were hotboxing in.

#308    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

I think our skin would change before limbs. With heat rates and cancer risk the next evolution would more than likely either mass skin deffincey which dooms us all because of hiding inside all of the time, or if we continue to push our limits exterior wise, we would more than likely evolve a thicker skin if you will either that or the dexterity will change and feel of it will change because of semihardening.

That's my sideliner theory :P. TBH I have never pondered the fact of limbs and our bodies changing, tbh I believe they change enough in any unique different ways as it is without pressuring to roll out a mass standard change. I lean towards our mental state will change, I believe it has already started to do so and has for a long time. We see them as mentally challenged or disabled because we can't put them into the factory line with the rest. Autism for example is incredible if you think of the potential of what the individual is actually doing, the list goes on. Like everything there is going to be bugs, unfortuantly it is how it is. It will smoothen out then be normal, just like OCD... when the **** did that become a normal thing to have and anxiety as well seriously what the hell?

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#309    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,740 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 10 April 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

The part where she is telling this to the geek in the Master Bedroom of his Colonial-style home with the Grand Cathedral entrance (with skylight), 4 B/4.5b, seperate office/library, in front of the fireplace looking out to the 2 acre lawn.

:lol:
Ok...but if her 'neural matrix' was highly evolved as well wouldn't she be less impressed as she'd already have her own mansion?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#310    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 10 April 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

I can't see an extra finger ever being so crucial to survival that it gets favored by natural selection.  If anything, a second, fully functional, ulnar thumb would be infinitly more useful than another finger, but even that is extremely improbable, barring a radical  environmental change that supports it (I would say it becomes possible for a species of humans living close to or in zero-gravity).

the fact that it happens 1 out of 143 births as of 2013
really means nothin in here i see

and i see even if i bring evidence its impossible to put something new in a closed mind

this condition is called "homo statious"

View Postchopmo, on 10 April 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

I think our skin would change before limbs. With heat rates and cancer risk the next evolution would more than likely either mass skin deffincey which dooms us all because of hiding inside all of the time, or if we continue to push our limits exterior wise, we would more than likely evolve a thicker skin if you will either that or the dexterity will change and feel of it will change because of semihardening.

That's my sideliner theory :P. TBH I have never pondered the fact of limbs and our bodies changing, tbh I believe they change enough in any unique different ways as it is without pressuring to roll out a mass standard change. I lean towards our mental state will change, I believe it has already started to do so and has for a long time. We see them as mentally challenged or disabled because we can't put them into the factory line with the rest. Autism for example is incredible if you think of the potential of what the individual is actually doing, the list goes on. Like everything there is going to be bugs, unfortuantly it is how it is. It will smoothen out then be normal, just like OCD... when the **** did that become a normal thing to have and anxiety as well seriously what the hell?

yes our skin will change in the future
but its our skin color thats going to change

very dark skin and pale white skin will be no more

we will all look a tanish color
we will all have a skin color similar to those livin in hawaii and other multi racial islands

Edited by MR.Blueprint, 10 April 2013 - 11:24 AM.

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#311    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,072 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I think we call that "brown."

#312    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 10 April 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

I think we call that "brown."

ok

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#313    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 10 April 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

the fact that it happens 1 out of 143 births as of 2013
really means nothin in here i see

Correct.  It simply has nothing to do with evolution.  That it occurs isn't in question.  What is significant is why it occurs.

It is simply a structural disorder.  It isn't a fixed genetic trait.  It has several different causes, and several different ways of being expressed,  There is no "extra finger" gene.

It is similar to having a broken leg.  There are several different ways your leg can break.  There is no "one" danger that is solely responsible for breaking your leg.  Your child will not have a weaker leg because of it.  It isn't a genetic trait.  It is a disorder of your structural system.  Just like polydactyly.

and i see even if i bring evidence its impossible to put something new in a closed mind

You haven't realized that you are the one with the closed mind.  You are the one refusing to acknowledge something that you did not know before.

this condition is called "homo statious"

Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur.

Nothing, however, hides the sulking of a child.

You have a very narrow range of possibilies to explore.  You limit yourself from learning about the incredible wonder and variety of the world around us to bask in a world where you don't have to learn anything new, and where you will never be challenged to find solutions despite constraits.

Your ideas are not being rejected because they are bad ideas.  Indeed, they are very interesting thought experiments.  The mistake you made was in assuming that any critique was directed at you personally.  Because of that, you sat down, crossed your arms, refused to move, and began accusing everyone of being inflexible.

Critique isn't personal.  Science doesn't care what you think about it.  I can show you new things, and you can respond by calling me gay (at least, that is what I assume you were attempting to write), or you can allow yourself to learn new things and create new thoughts.

No one is asking you to agree.  You would do well, however, to at least understand what others are telling you.  At least then, you can claim that you do listen to others.

Edited by aquatus1, 10 April 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#314    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostLilly, on 10 April 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

:lol:
Ok...but if her 'neural matrix' was highly evolved as well wouldn't she be less impressed as she'd already have her own mansion?

Ah, my dear Lilly, you forget the motivating force behind natural selection!  Animals tend to play to their strengths.  Gorillas thump their chests, robins flash for beads, and pretty girls (at least, the kind that would use a line like "Oh, your highly advanced neural matrix is just so darn hot and your rapid data processing really turns me on!") don't sit at their computer all day long, fighting with all the other computer geeks to be the fastest electronic manipulator out there.

Girls use sex to get what they want, and that's okay, because it is to their genetic advantage to do so.  Men do not use sex to get what they want, because sex is what they want.

#315    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostDr.Blueprint, on 10 April 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

what new things you can show me

How the world works, regardless of how we wish it would work.

closed minds will never accept anything new

Then don't you consider it ironic that you are refusing to accept something new to yourself?

thats why abe lincoln was assassinated

Unsurprisingly, the whole story is a bit more complex.

It is simply a structural disorder

In evolutionary terms, yes.

ive provided sources that stated it wasnt a disorder in african descendent

You have provided far more reason to doubt your credibility than you have to engender trust in your abilities.

but of course anything that evolves african doesnt count for the majority in here so i guess yall dont even read it and consider it as fact

You are aware that you have no way of determining whether or not you are speaking to a descendant of African heritage, aren't you?

the fact i provided numerous sourcef for my theory

It isn't enough to provide sources.  That is just the bare minimum.

The sources have to be credible, and you have to be able to support the argument yourself.  If you cannot show that you understand your own argument, then there is little reason for others to consider your conclusions to be valid, particularly when some points are directly in contradiction with known facts.

and only recieve

THIS CANT HAPPEN
REPLYS

No, you didn't.

You received "This is why it can't happen" replies.  That you refuse to acknowledge that (not "agree with", but simply "acknowledge"), and instead turn it into faceless generalization, makes you look like a person who refuses to learn something new.

with no souces
on why it cant help

If you don't show that you understand your sources, there is little reason to believe that you will understand more advanced sources.

proves this forum is not a science forum

but jus another hangout for the same closed minded ppl who are holding humans back

More generalization?  Are you aware of what "dehumanization" is?  It is when you refuse to acknowledge people for what they do and say, and instead generalize all of them into one single homogenous group that represent what you hate the most.

the same kind of brains that killed jfk and mlk

for suggesting a new way of living

For instance, as killers of people with vision.

so i rather be in the class of mlk and jfk anyday

You don't have a single point in common with them.

so i dont mind being assassinated by closed minded trollers

"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

Your thoughts don't merit assasination, nor does sulking qualify you for martyrdom.  You have a choice; you can learn to make your points stronger, or you can sulk that no one recognizes your strength.

If you find that there are many people who do not recognize your strength, you may wish to consider that it may not be everyone else is wrong, but rather the one person disagreeing with them is wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users