Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 8 votes

Next gross human evolution

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#316    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

We are all a minority of one when it comes to the sum total of our opinions.

#317    Garibaldi

Garibaldi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 01 April 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

im calling you out, i will see you in 250,000-500,000 to say your wrong ;)
highfives all Um'ers

didi you mean high six?

#318    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostGaribaldi, on 10 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

didi you mean high six?

I wish I could like this a million times.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#319    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 April 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

When the planet gets to 20 or 50 billion and there is standing room only and half rations of everything, and no entertainment and only horizon to horizon buildings, and grinding, hopeless poverty then billions of people will vollinteer to go to the stars. It could easily turn out like African slave ships where only half the people make it. Or it could be that only one in ten ships makes it to where they were going. But, the point is still valid, population pressure will push people into space and it is not so hard from there to sending people in mass out into the stars.

True, an apocolypse could visit the human race... Yellowstone might blow, or a comet might hit us, or some 100% deadly plague might evolve, but... I doubt it. There will always be a handful of people who escape to start again, IMHO.
I just wanted to rmind you that space is huge and theres tons of dangers when your traveling through space. Ill leave it at that

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#320    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,783 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 10 April 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

yes our skin will change in the future
but its our skin color thats going to change

very dark skin and pale white skin will be no more

we will all look a tanish color
we will all have a skin color similar to those livin in hawaii and other multi racial islands
This actually has some truth to it, but not because of Evolution, or Adaptation. But, because of.... Transportation!!!

With the ability to fly anywhere in the world within a day, the mixing of the various ethnicities has started to increase quickly.

I tend to agree that within a couple hundreds of years, most people will be a light to medium brown, with medium brown to black hair, with brown eyes.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#321    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 April 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

I tend to agree that within a couple hundreds of years, most people will be a light to medium brown, with medium brown to black hair, with brown eyes.

The geneticist/anthropologist Spencer Wells also said the same thing in one of his National Geographic films (which are online). I forget which documentary it was but he said he wasn't exactly sure what we would look like in the future, "but we won't look like me".

Skin pigmentation may have some evolutionary advantages, protection from UV rays or vitamin D absorption, but eye and hair pigmentation have no such characteristics, they are only useful for sexual selection. Whether the alleles for depigmenation survives into the future, I have no idea. But demographically, the odds are against it.

#322    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 10 April 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

yes our skin will change in the future
but its our skin color thats going to change

very dark skin and pale white skin will be no more

we will all look a tanish color
we will all have a skin color similar to those livin in hawaii and other multi racial islands

Why would our skin revert pigmentation towards the original colours? We have already came from african decent into anglo saxons why would it reverse itself?
I just don't see the necessary purpose of colour pigmentation back towards to where it started from.
It wouldn't be evolution it would be more down to the world interbreeding races (no issue) but that is not evolution it is genetics.

Mental Compacity or Skin mass/texture are still my best bets tbh. Our mental state is already evolving hence it would be the next thing in mass evolution imo.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#323    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,991 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Pinky fingers are pretty essential for playing guitar chords ..  i'll pass on the six finger for now. I wonder if we are getting a little dumber in a way (maybe it's just me) since we have been using our hands much less than in the past . ? Everyone did Something ...  with their hands..  We MADE things ? We finally made so many things that now, we don't have to...  Someone Else makes our things .

Edited by lightly, 10 April 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#324    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

View Postchopmo, on 10 April 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

... we would more than likely evolve a thicker skin if you will either that or the dexterity will change and feel of it will change because of semihardening.

Eliminating the need for political correctness...

#325    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostMangoze, on 11 April 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

Eliminating the need for political correctness...

mankind must evolve to lessen peoples feelings getting hurt. LMFAO really?

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#326    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 01 April 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I predict that human's will evolve an extra finger if the human race survives another 250,000-500,000 more years or so. Mutations is even happening now.

We will evolve an extra finger because we use our fingers so much. Once we recive our extra finger we will also unlock more of our brain powers.

We have more brain powers but that is another topic...

And I predict that in the same amount of time we will evolve a prehensile tail.
I challenge you to see who'll be proven right.

I prefer vastly to have a tail, rather than a sixth (useless) finger!
It would be much much usefull! We could have our hands free while talking to the phone, or we could finally scratch that itchy and unreachable spot on our back!
That would be a jump on evolution!

Which one would you prefer to have, a furry tail or a bare one?

#327    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Fur obviously lol. It ain't  gonna happen though and how would we know whether it did or not, it's not like we're going to be around  500,000 years from now.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users