Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Life and patience

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,867 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Life and patience

I am not sure anything worthwhile can be done without patience.  There is always a time when events will go contrary to what one wants.  Having a tantrum usually does not work the way that is desired.  When tired, or feeling overwhelmed, then it is time to slow down and center, or if not, to become more scattered, tired and irritable.  Still learning about that, a life long process I guess.  I swear sometimes I act like I am seven years old when I allow my inner-grouch to get in control.  I suppose it is an aspect of the so called inner-child having an attack of the terrible two’s.  It would be so simple if I were really the center of it all, but I am not…….so best try to do better and learn.

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,722 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Most virtues are a vice when missing and again when carried to excess.  Obviously the vice of missing patience is impatience.  I've been thinking what English would to attach to the vice of being too patient -- of letting people get away with things that aren't good.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,674 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Sometimes life has a way of causing you to run out of patience.

#4    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 01 April 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Most virtues are a vice when missing and again when carried to excess.  Obviously the vice of missing patience is impatience.  I've been thinking what English would to attach to the vice of being too patient -- of letting people get away with things that aren't good.

It is about control.  Patience is learning when things just are and they can't be changed.  When that is used as an excuse not to speak up then it is not patience but something else.  However, after speaking up, what happens is still out of ones control, so true patience is needed.......even if a certain situation has to be distanced from.

peace
mark

#5    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostHilander, on 01 April 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Sometimes life has a way of causing you to run out of patience.

LOL, true, but then again it can flow from the desire to have control over situatins that are impossible to contain....human situations that just are.

peace
mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users