Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Ouija Board Experience.

ouija

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,396 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

I will never use the board agian me and 2 friends where useing it one night
And the one guys uncle killed himself so we said Peter you here and the light above the table turned green in color we ran out of the house.

#17    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 06 April 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

I will never use the board agian me and 2 friends where useing it one night
And the one guys uncle killed himself so we said Peter you here and the light above the table turned green in color we ran out of the house.
That's cool, at least you know you can contact your uncle again Oo

#18    caseychrap

caseychrap

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

The same thing has happened to me. I wrote a whole post about it, except mine was ZAMA. or ZAZAZAZAZA every time.

#19    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,566 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 06 April 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

That's cool, at least you know you can contact your uncle again Oo
And how does one really know who the entity was ?

#20    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,566 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

It's so rude to  call upon love ones that have crossed over by means of a ouija board. It's just wrong , disrespectful too. Seriously, why would anyone think they need a ouija board  to speak to love ones that have crossed over?  you're not ever gonna contact a loving soul that way.

I've also wondered about EVP sessions  and paranormal investigations in  being similar to the ouija board . The only difference is technology is the divination tool at play with the unseen realm...
I find it really wrong to think that those who have crossed over especially infants and children ,are still wandering in the space they once took residence in .Like especially infants and children , I don't believe they remain on earth as ghost , no way...Maybe some mean people do , but no, not the innocent ones...

#21    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Sandersnista

• 6,621 posts

• "Can't deny you're implacted, in the mayhem in my mind. You got me so frustrated, you should be mine!" - Rebecca Black, Person of Interest

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

To the OP:

As Caseychrap said, she got a similar name frequently, with repeating letters. In her, and now in your thread, I will state that I believe the reason for this name pattern is due to what I call "anchoring", a hiccup of the process of using a talking board. I don't know why it happens offhand (plenty of hypotheses), but it is not uncommon to get words or names with similar repeating patterns.

As for getting that everytime... assuming it isn't a case of the same anchoring each time, which is kind of unlikely, this is most likely the dominant "Board Personality" (BP)  or at least the one connected to your particular use of the board. Likely the BP you get is what other people in other more mystical circles or times might call your "control" or "guide" (or for some, your higher self) - your accustomed liaison or "partner" in board use. Usually when using a board along with a person's own control, the process is much more effective and clear, so if you continue to use the board, and you had no issues with this personality, it seems like a good one to stick with, and you may even be able to make requests of it to connect you to other personalities or answer certain questions or explain things from its point of view. Good luck!

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs

#22    JinxDeMynx

JinxDeMynx

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 274 posts

• Human relationships are chemical reactions. If you have a reaction then you can never return back to your previous state of being.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

When I was really young I wanted a ouija board, but then my sister told me they were evil, and I was like "Pftt nah I'm not going to listen to you" I wish I did listen, now I don't go into stores with a ouija board set.

If an angelic being fell from the sky and tried to live in this world of ours, I think even they would commit many wrongs.

Posted Image

#23    Lumpino

Lumpino

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:44 AM

:rolleyes:  Has anyone tried to use a Ouija board blindfolded? And with an unbiased bystander......................  :P

#24    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Sandersnista

• 6,621 posts

• "Can't deny you're implacted, in the mayhem in my mind. You got me so frustrated, you should be mine!" - Rebecca Black, Person of Interest

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

Back in the 90s, my group did a few blindfold experiments and put cotton pads over the two users' eyes (to "dip" into and conform to the eyesocket area), then wrapped gauze firmly but comfortably around the head to hold them in place, and since we all wore glasses, put glasses on over that firmly to make sure the cotton and gauze were held in place.

I can attest it just looked like a blurry unfocused haze of various shades of white - I was very surprised, as I expected black to be the color that would truly make it hard to see, but I was completely blind, and the others said they were as well, and being friends interested in paranormal verification that I still see regularly, I don't have much choice to believe them.

We did a few experiments and traded off here and there, though I was usually the "control", and occasionally would have the users wait before starting, and randomly rotated the board so neither knew the initial orientation (still standard longways for each of course to provide the widest surface area).

Unfortunately, it has been a long, long time, and though I am now skeptical of such things, I am willing to honestly say I really don't remember how accurate any of the results were with strong certainty. I do remember being impressed at a few words I believe, obtained with the blindfolded and rotated board, as I *think* it spelled out a few words correctly (and slowly and haltingly, as you might imagine), with little or no "fudging" on the part of the reader (usually me) to "average" the letter/number where the traveler/planchette was stopping (obviously, blindfolded users will hit blank areas a lot more).

Again, the bad part is I really don't remember it that well, though I also don't recall any truly mindblowing results like full sentences or anything like that, while people were blindfolded (and especially when the board was rotated). One or two of the users would still today probably say we got incredible and fast-moving results with the blindfolded setup. In honesty I can't remember well enough to confidently disagree or agree on exactly HOW impressive the sessions were.

Edited by Paranormalcy, 08 November 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#25    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,442 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

The blindfold test is completely worthless because it is based on a false assumption of how the Ouija truly works. Of course, the Ouija can't help you get useful information if all participants are blindfolded.

Think about this:

Can you drive your car while blindfolded? You could try,but you would quickly slam yourself into a telephone pole or run over your neighbor or hit a wall.

Conclusion: The car is not a legitimate tool because it cannot be used blindfolded. Right?

Try this:

Play World of Warcraft while blindfolded. How will you fare? Answer: You won't be able to play World of Warcraft very well at all -- you'll quickly lose.

Conclusion: World of Warcraft is all an illusion because it cannot be played blindfolded. Right?

See what I am getting at?

There are a lot of normal tools, games and all kinds of activities that you cannot do successfully while blindfolded -- and the Ouija is like your car and the World of Warcraft in this regard.

You cannot leap to the conclusion that the Ouija board is a useless tool because it cannot be used blind folded, any more than you can leap to the conclusion that a car is always dangerous just because it is driven blind, or the World of Warcraft does not exist because you cannot see what's going on.

The key is not the Ouija board itself -- but the way you engage your consciousness with the symbols represented on the board.

Edited by IronGhost, 20 November 2014 - 07:07 PM.

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#26    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

CHUDNUTS!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

i could be wrong about this... but my understanding of how a ouija board works is that the spirits are the ones who are making the planchette  move.. so it is an outside source moving the tool (tool)...hence why people should be able to use the board blindfolded..no need to see when someone else is steering

far different than from someone driving a car or playing a game blindoflded.. as they are the ones in control...  no ouside force there... so seeing is a must

Edited by Overdueleaf, 20 November 2014 - 07:48 PM.

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#27    Draco20

Draco20

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 20 November 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

i could be wrong about this... but my understanding of how a ouija board works is that the spirits are the ones who are making the planchette  move.. so it is an outside source moving the tool (tool)...hence why people should be able to use the board blindfolded..no need to see when someone else is steering

far different than from someone driving a car or playing a game blindoflded.. as they are the ones in control...  no ouside force there... so seeing is a must

Depend how you see it. Accepting the possiblity that there can be something else at play than the ideomotor effect or delusion, I do not think that 'spirits' are floating in the air waiting for you to set up the board and doing all the work by moving the pointer around. I see it more as a form of 'channeling' which requires an active participation in order to draw from and establish some sort of communication with the 'collective subsconscious', 'energies', a 'spirit world' or whatever your metaphysical definition is. If you blindfold yourself, you are passive and unfocused, I really don't see how you could draw from something and hope for coherence by not been in tuned with it.

Edited by sam_comm, 20 November 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#28    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Sandersnista

• 6,621 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

For the sake of completeness, many mediums and Ouija board users and spiritists and spiritualists and famous automatic writers, claim that spirit communication is a cooperative effort. Many believers say that in a similar but much less "permissive" way than "channeling", when people do any sort of spirit communication, they are giving tacit permission to the spirits to "share" their bodies to a lesser extent, including the senses. Probably one of the most famous but older cases of automatic writing was the then-living Pearl Curran and her spirit guide and sometimes overbearing communicant, Patience Worth.  When challenged by investigators to write her typical impressive offerings while Mrs. Curran was blindfolded, Patience (through Pearl) said,  paraphrasing here: "Would you ask a master painter to paint a masterpiece with no brush?" very clearly indicating that she made use of Pearl's eyes and hands and coordination to see to write, or to move the board planchette/traveler when an Ouija was used.

That may sound a bit iffy and I agree generally, though to be fair, I've seen some books that claim spirits' see things in an off-kilter way - they don't really see physical things like the living do, but as almost dream-essence counterparts, often varying "tones" of light and color, forming somewhat abstract shapes, rather than crisp, concrete objects. Oracular devices like boards, and the mediums or living participants themselves, are often identified by spirits as brilliant points of scintillating light, presumably because they are the conduit between the spirit world and the physical world, so spirits identify people more by their aura and possibly voice or "telepathic broadcasts" of what they say, rather than sight.

It is only when they're sharing a board user's sense of sight can spirits get any coherent sense of spatial awareness, because ordinary spirit sight lacks proper or perfectly analogous detail - the board to them may be like a flameless flickering rectangle of shifting color and intensity of potential, rather than a flat, simple surface with easily differentiated letters and numbers. I had my own few minor automatic writing sessions essentially paraphrase this general explanation for how spirits see things - they're more consciousness and thought-focused, so they may not even see other spirits "in the same room" because they're not thinking about them.

I personally think this all sounds very mysterious and artistic, and Patience Worth is one of my favorite cases of automatism, but none of this gives any useful or insightful info into the objective truth itself, which to be fair, is not the vital end-goal for some people, and I think people are entitled to decide what's important for them - they just can't expect other people with different views to adhere to that same low-criticism/demand mindset.

#29    Warrior Defender

Warrior Defender

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

• Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not true. However, just because you've heard about it or read about it doesn't mean it is.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

Okay, warning: This is most likely going to sound very rude, but I am merely speaking from everything I know about the super, which, being extremely psychic and having an even more pshychic mentor, amounts to quite a bit.

First, DO NOT EVER MESS WITH A OUIJA BOARD!!! I can not stress this point enough! By using one of these boards, you invite beings into your house without entirely knowing whether they wish to harm you or help you! Even if they seem nice, they could be evil! Some beings (not all) will trick you into thinking you are their friend, then will get increasingly violent and aggressive! Yes, there are good beings, too, but again: YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO!
Second, there are different kinds of demons. Some demons, which I have come to call Rogues, are evil, rude, and generally like to 'play' with Earthbounds (aka humans), while others, whom I call Fullbloods, are actually very smart, kind, considerate, and protective, however dark they may be. Unless you p*** them off, of course. ANYONE gets rude when they are angry, yes? The same thing goes for supernatural beings. So, say when you use a ouija board, it calls up a demon. You don't know whether it's a Fulblood or a Rogue until it's too late and you're stuck with them. All in all, it is best to just avoid Ouija altogether.

#30    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,284 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:08 AM

I have owned one of these boards from hell for many years now and the strangest thing that has happened...Is nothing strange has EVER happened...

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

Also tagged with ouija

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users