Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2 NYC politicians arrested for corruption

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Let me preface this by saying ,everyone here knows how I usually rail on most politicians . Obomba ,Fuhrer bloombarf ,christine Quinn ...
Dan Halloran is AWESOME .He does the right things ,for the right reasons. As a city council member ,he's been bullied by Quinn for 12 years now . I can imagine how much a good guy like Dan,would want her outsted ,but I sincerely doubt he's done anything theyve claimed . I would go as far as to say he's being framed .

The fact we are months from the election ,for this to come out now ,before real campaigning has even begun ,is quite interesting .
Dan was actually running for Congress.....

So ,Dan Halloran,and Malcolm Smith,were arrested 6 am today,nyc time ,for corruption . Alleged bribes and trying to rig NYCs mayoral election this coming november.
I hope the people doing this to them,ends up with egg on their faces. I just don't buy it .

http://www.huffingto...ics&ir=Politics

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 02 April 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Miss me?

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,768 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

You're looking at little hypocritical there Simbi, if it were someone you didn't like you'd be shouting "THERE, I TOLD YOU SO!" but because you do like them, it's a case of slander and libel.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 03 April 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

You're looking at little hypocritical there Simbi, if it were someone you didn't like you'd be shouting "THERE, I TOLD YOU SO!" but because you do like them, it's a case of slander and libel.

I have watched what they all did . Quinn,bloomberg,obomba ,have all SOLD US OUT .I watched Dan personally answer messages. Go to places in the neighborhoods and address issues personally . He's done a TON OF GOOD for NYC,whereas I've watched bloombarf force a third illegal term on us,and no one said BOO .Quinn had a slush fund scandal,that was swept under the carpet because she's buddies with the police commissioner ,and the whole country has watched obomba trod all over the constitution etc etc etc .
Where there's smoke,there's fire. There's never been a hint of impropriety with Dan,and we still haven't seen obombas real birth certificate.
Very DIFFERENT CASES .

Miss me?

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,768 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 April 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Where there's smoke,there's fire. There's never been a hint of impropriety with Dan,and we still haven't seen obombas real birth certificate.
Well Jimmy Saville was pure as the driven snow until up until the last few years.
Just because noone knows doesn't mean that htey're innocent.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,920 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Really this turned birther?  *facepalm

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#6    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,769 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 02 April 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Let me preface this by saying ,everyone here knows how I usually rail on most politicians . Obomba ,Fuhrer bloombarf ,christine Quinn ...
Dan Halloran is AWESOME .He does the right things ,for the right reasons. As a city council member ,he's been bullied by Quinn for 12 years now . I can imagine how much a good guy like Dan,would want her outsted ,but I sincerely doubt he's done anything theyve claimed . I would go as far as to say he's being framed .

The fact we are months from the election ,for this to come out now ,before real campaigning has even begun ,is quite interesting .
Dan was actually running for Congress.....

So ,Dan Halloran,and Malcolm Smith,were arrested 6 am today,nyc time ,for corruption . Alleged bribes and trying to rig NYCs mayoral election this coming november.
I hope the people doing this to them,ends up with egg on their faces. I just don't buy it .

http://www.huffingto...ics&ir=Politics

Dude, Smith was one of the crookedest guys in Albany.  He was involved in kickbacks at Aquaduct, very questionable contact with lobbyists, and collected a bunch of money for Katrina victims that just disappeared.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users