Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why Bother Searching for ET?

et seth shostak seti

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,009 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Posts33ker, on 03 April 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

I think a better question is,
Why wont "they" lets us find them?

There is a blindingly obvious answer to that question, but i'll let you figure it out.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,679 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

here we go people, a vid..

"The SETI Institute's Jill Tarter makes her TED Prize wish: to accelerate our search for cosmic company. Using a growing array of radio telescopes, she and her team listen for patterns that may be a sign of intelligence elsewhere in the universe"

Jill Tarter: Why the search for alien intelligence matters. 20 minutes.

If you find it dull in any way, FFWD to 17 mins for the meatier stuff

Edited by seeder, 06 April 2013 - 08:30 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

Also tagged with et, seth shostak, seti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users