Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Why did ancient civilization build pyramids?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#16    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 03 April 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

But at the same time we have to acknowledge that these stupid ancients who new nothing compared to Us and believed in fairytale stories of Gods roaming in the sky and space and descending to Earth and giving them boons,like in a comic strip were still capable of great feats that we are still not able to replicate.

the gods they believe were the right things the were pose to worship...we are suppose to worship things like he sun/god....the moon/god the water/god

because those are the things that give us life..

in a way the had more sense than us if they werent smarter

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#17    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 03 April 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

We are indeed impressed by pyramids to this day. How could we not be? But to understand exactly why they were built, one has to achieve a strong understanding of the civilizations which erected them.

SC: I think, for once, I have to agree with you.

SC

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#18    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,451 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostScott Creighton, on 03 April 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

SC: I think, for once, I have to agree with you.

SC

By the law of averages it had to happen sooner or later. :D

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#19    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

the ideas that made it all possible .... where did those ideas come from ?

we know they know stones ... but ... this is the clinch here ... did they know the 'theoretical principles' ? what we call sacred geometry today ?

the maths, the physics, the architectural engineering and dare I say it ... 'science' ?

not 'science' as we know it, but a 'science' of their own ... maybe there is a bit in there that we know not about in our familiarity with our 'science'

after all I don't believe that they just stacked and cut the stones to hopefully come up with something that measured 'right' and 'pleasing to the eye'
I know for sure that many if not all agrees

can we look at the achievements of the ancients without the bias opinions of our 'big smart brains' ?
the ancients had brains as large and as smart, as smart as they need to be with the resources available to their needs.
they left behind legacies spanning millenniums, with only their will and body and a brain as capable of intelligence as ours, most importantly they did it because they had ideas that didn't rely on 'machines'. Though we have machines to rely on today, I believe this knowledge that didn't rely on 'machines' but only on ourselves is worth a know, at the very least, even if its just out of curiosity.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#20    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,709 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 03 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

thats why we send satellites into space to show other civilization how advance we are

pyramid= ancient satellites

We use Satellites for communications, reconnaisance, and for running the idiot box.

Which civilization are we trying to impress? the civilization in the future??
The Satellites would be space junk by then and would have either burn out after decay of their orbits or the sensible folks in the future would have done some housekeeping by then.

To impress them??? no way!!

For showing the future civilizations how great we are, we build some silly stuff like the Burj Khalifa etc.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#21    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 04 April 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

We use Satellites for communications, reconnaisance, and for running the idiot box.

Which civilization are we trying to impress? the civilization in the future??
The Satellites would be space junk by then and would have either burn out after decay of their orbits or the sensible folks in the future would have done some housekeeping by then.

To impress them??? no way!!

For showing the future civilizations how great we are, we build some silly stuff like the Burj Khalifa etc.

um you do know any aliens in space would be considered a civilization  ...

#22    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,709 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 04 April 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

um you do know any aliens in space would be considered a civilization  ...

Do you?

For humanity,  anything alien (if there is something out there, after all) will be considered as a threat.

Edited by The_Spartan, 05 April 2013 - 12:10 AM.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

#23    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

Pyramids are a mystery unto themselves, let alone who built them and why/how they did it.  You have pyramids scattered all over planet Earth which are usually perfectly built and aligned to various astrological locations.  Even by today's standards we cannot reproduce the accuracy or architecture of these amazing structures.  As to the question of why ancient civilizations built these things, I cannot say for sure.  There are plenty of theories as to why and how these pyramids were built and with help from alien beings to achieve their completion.  It does seem unlikely that ancient cultures on Earth could have done things back then that we cannot replicate today.  They lacked the tools and the knowledge to build them and any rational person would have to at least agree that it is unexplained.  Most people will either believe it is happenstance or that there is a hidden and deeper meaning that we have yet to find to explain these spectacular anomalies.  If mainstream science can accurately account for how these structures were built, I'd be willing to listen and understand it.  Honestly, I don't believe mainstream science is open enough to the possibility of alternative explanations and we will probably never get an intelligent explanation for these magnificent pyramids and why they are here.

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#24    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,709 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 05 April 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

You have pyramids scattered all over planet Earth which are usually perfectly built and aligned to various astrological locations.

Even by today's standards we cannot reproduce the accuracy or architecture of these amazing structures.  

They lacked the tools and the knowledge to build them and any rational person would have to at least agree that it is unexplained.

If mainstream science can accurately account for how these structures were built, I'd be willing to listen and understand it.

I don’t know whether pyramids have any orientations to constellations (the Orion belt orientation is something that’s bandied around, but requires evidence to back it, not efforts by people to modify the evidence to suit the facts).
I don’t know whether pyramids elsewhere have  any orientations to constellations.

By today's standards we can build with precision, structures that are larger than the pyramids. But, would the exercise be productive? What will we get by building a structure like a pyramid? Does it add value to the existing infrastructure? Does man gain anything other than wasted hours in building them?

The Ancient Egyptians didn’t lack tools or the know how to build the pyramids. The ancient Egyptians left behind enough evidences on how the stones were quarried and moved. Also, there are still quarries where you can find blocks what were cut, but never transported to the construction sites.  There are workers’ villages that once were home to the thousands of workers who built the pyramids. We have records maintained by supervisors about the work involved , inventory etc.

Science is an ever learning discipline, what we don’t know now, we will learn tomorrow. As of today, we do have an average understanding on the construction methods of the great pyramids. Some here, would go behind some whacky aliens ran geyser power to construct pyramids, some would go on to say they were water harvesting structures, some would say they were satellites (like the OP), some would say they are power plants. But there are evidences to show that the pyramids were meant as tombs for the Pharaohs.

#25    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,224 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Immortality.

#26    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Pyramids are a mystery unto themselves, let alone who built them and why/how they did it.

Not really.  It's pretty well documented.

You have pyramids scattered all over planet Earth which are usually perfectly built and aligned to various astrological locations.

Not even close.  Few pyramids are perfectly built (I can't think of any, actually), and fewer still intentionally aligned to anything for purposes other than engineering.

Even by today's standards we cannot reproduce the accuracy or architecture of these amazing structures.

Completely incorrect.  The Great Pyramids were an amazing example of ancient Egyptian masonry technology (though not the best, by a long shot).  As amazing as they are, however, they utterly pale in comparison to the precision, cimplexity, and quality, of modern-day engineering.

It does seem unlikely that ancient cultures on Earth could have done things back then that we cannot replicate today.

This premise is faulty.

They lacked the tools and the knowledge to build them and any rational person would have to at least agree that it is unexplained.

A rational person would first have to explain why Egyptologist and engineers don't consider the construction of the pyramids to be an unexplained mystery.  There is certainly discussion on which particular method or methods were employed, but there is no doubt whatsoever that it was built by the people of the time.

If mainstream science can accurately account for how these structures were built, I'd be willing to listen and understand it.

It has less to do with science and more to do with engineering and logistics.

Honestly, I don't believe mainstream science is open enough to the possibility of alternative explanations and we will probably never get an intelligent explanation for these magnificent pyramids and why they are here.

Science is open to pretty much anything that you can actually support with objective evidence.

#27    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 April 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

I don’t know whether pyramids have any orientations to constellations (the Orion belt orientation is something that’s bandied around, but requires evidence to back it, not efforts by people to modify the evidence to suit the facts).

SC: Who are these "people" that are modifying "the evidence to suit the facts"? And exactly how are they doing this?

SC

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#28    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

They built pyramids, because tall things are impressive, and the pyramid the simplest way to build something tall and stabile.

#29    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Pyramids are a mystery unto themselves, let alone who built them and why/how they did it.  You have pyramids scattered all over planet Earth which are usually perfectly built and aligned to various astrological locations.  Even by today's standards we cannot reproduce the accuracy or architecture of these amazing structures.  As to the question of why ancient civilizations built these things, I cannot say for sure.  There are plenty of theories as to why and how these pyramids were built and with help from alien beings to achieve their completion.  It does seem unlikely that ancient cultures on Earth could have done things back then that we cannot replicate today.  They lacked the tools and the knowledge to build them and any rational person would have to at least agree that it is unexplained.  Most people will either believe it is happenstance or that there is a hidden and deeper meaning that we have yet to find to explain these spectacular anomalies.  If mainstream science can accurately account for how these structures were built, I'd be willing to listen and understand it.  Honestly, I don't believe mainstream science is open enough to the possibility of alternative explanations and we will probably never get an intelligent explanation for these magnificent pyramids and why they are here.

jus cuz we dont build pyramids dont mean we cant..

in ancient days thats all they did was work on the pyramid proll took 800 years

that was the point of the lives was to use what god gave them into something constructive

and like i said a great sctructure display how advanve a civilization is....
they has many advantages and uses

for one

if another civilization came to invade they would see your great structure and be intimidated
you got to open your minds and really accept how it was back then...

a ancient civilization might of consist of 2,000 to 5,000 people

biggest threats
was weather
and maybe another civilization

and weather is big reason why ancient humans believed in superior beings

#30    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,217 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

very simple: the simplest way to pile up material is a mound, and if you make a mound with blocks it ends being a pyramid.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users