Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

No aliens

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#346    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 09 April 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

oh, I know, I'm not necessarily saying it might be a technological society; although it would be interesting to see how the Dolphins do it. :yes:

Dolphins have quite some time on their hands, I agree it would be interesting to see that even if they never reach a technological age, could they attain a form of open communication? Like to a point whereby they try to converse with other species? I am not sure I would rule such out altogether, and might something to consider. It might be pie in the sky too, but hey.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#347    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 09 April 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

How can you be so sure? The only one we've managed to study in close enough detail to be able to say anything with any reasonable certainty (i.e. we've actually got down and studied by driving about and probing about in the soil) is Mars. We assume that Mercurcy, Venus & the gas giants can be ruled out, but so far that is only an assumption. We've seen how Extremophiles, as I believe they're called, can adapt to some pretty unwelcoming conditions here on the Earth.

They did have a good head start here though to be fair. I have to agree with Frank, what we are seeing so far is pretty scarce, and as scowl has rightly pointed out, the odds are not as high as often made out. A planet does not automatically mean life,

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#348    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Interesting news; its too bad Kepler is so limited in the range of sky it observes.  We need thousands of Keplers out there to do a proper survey, and I doubt there is budget for that.  The "wobble" method of finding planets is only going to find a few around very near stars that are very close to their suns.

Interesting news; its too bad Kepler is so limited in the range of sky it observes.  We need thousands of Keplers out there to do a proper survey, and I doubt there is budget for that.  The "wobble" method of finding planets is only going to find a few around very near stars that are very close to their suns.

#349    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 09 April 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Dolphins have quite some time on their hands, I agree it would be interesting to see that even if they never reach a technological age, could they attain a form of open communication? Like to a point whereby they try to converse with other species? I am not sure I would rule such out altogether, and might something to consider. It might be pie in the sky too, but hey.
As a species dolphins have been on earth much longer than we have, and show no sign of technology, not even some equivalent of stone-age techology, so, smart as they are, this sort of development does not seem likely.  Maybe they will evolve in spiritual or philosophical or artistic ways we cannot imagine, or maybe what we see is all we are gonna get

#350    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Congratulations on getting Skeptics and believers on the same side though, that's some achievement. lol

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 03 April 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

i think fungi is only an earth thing

What?!

Fungi is the only thing on the planet that is considered "different" to all other living things. It can survive in space.....

So where exactly did you come to that conclusion?

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 03 April 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

everything on this planet is unique to this planet.

everything in the solar system is unique to this solar system

Our planet is part of this solar system. So what you said doesn't make sense. lol

Edited by Coffey, 09 April 2013 - 11:33 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#351    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 April 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yet even so, we already have almost 3,000 candidates. Boggles the mind.

#352    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 April 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

As a species dolphins have been on earth much longer than we have, and show no sign of technology, not even some equivalent of stone-age techology, so, smart as they are, this sort of development does not seem likely.  Maybe they will evolve in spiritual or philosophical or artistic ways we cannot imagine, or maybe what we see is all we are gonna get

I would not consider something so grandiose as technology, more something along the lines of developing a structured cross species communication and or relationship, perhaps brought on by needs such as hunting. Even such, seems rather hopeful I admit.

Link - Clever Dolphins Use Shells to Catch Fish

#353    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 April 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

It appears that life is possible only under limited condituions, and the conditions needed to start life are even more limited.  We should expect most planets, then, to be sterile, and this does seem to be what we see in our solar system.
yup

little do they kno im basing my theory off new findings and thats why it sounds foreign to them because they still relying on oldstudies

its 2013
the keplar mission is re writing all our early theories bout the universe

catch up

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#354    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 09 April 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

yup

little do they kno im basing my theory off new findings and thats why it sounds foreign to them because they still relying on oldstudies

its 2013
the keplar mission is re writing all our early theories bout the universe

catch up
Catch up with what?

#355    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 April 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Catch up with what?

to new findings suggesting the way you think solar systems are form are not accurate

#356    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Oh, really?

#357    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 April 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Oh, really?

i wasnt referring to you because you seem to kno of new findings

#358    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,107 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 April 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Oh, really?
No, you mean o, rly?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#359    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well I meant what I said, but he defused it fine.  I don't understand your question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users