Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

End of the world !

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 7,370 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 03 April 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

dont worry people have always been weirded out by the weather, i read a book from 1886 where people say exactly the same things we say. weird amount of rain, seasons late or early, its pretty funny how our ancestors complain about the weather the same as us. and theres also always been people who think the worlds gunna end. every generation thinks their more informed than the last.
Funny you should pick 1886.  It was one of the most unusual years in recorded history.  In late January a severe snowstorm hit the northern Great Plains.  Wichita, which hardly gets any snow, got 18 inches of it.  The storm was followed by three or four days of balmy spring-like weather which melted the snow into sloppy slush.  Then the bottom fell out of the thermometer:  Wichita had 42 degrees below zero (Its all-time record).  The storm continued east to Hopkinsville, Kentucky which reported two readings of 40 below (The Hopkinsville Gazette also reported 100 degrees below zero, but if you believe that, I'd like to talk to you about a bridge I own in Brooklyn.).  Portsmouth, New Hampshire had a severe ice storm that froze over the harbor and severely damaged the governor's mansion.

he storm froze that slush layer into rock-hard ice.  Cattle could not break through it and starved to death by the tens of thousands (The Wichita Eagle reported 7000 cattle dead in the Cherokee Strip alone,).  Ranchers who were millionaires in 1885 resorted to collecting cattle bones to sell for fertilzer, just to buy groceries.  George M. Russell drew "The Last of 5000" to explain to his boss what had happened to the herd.  And summer wasn't much better:  it featured an all-time record drought.  And the winter of 1886/1887 delivered the second one-two punch:  a second severe winter.  For Laura Engels Wilder, it was the ninth year since her family settled on the prairie; she wrote about it in "Little House on the Prairie."

It was the end of the open range.  Ranchers realized they couldn't survive another disaster like this and petitioned Congress to close the public ranges.  The result was the Taylor Grazing Act that created the Bureau of Land Management, closed the Government Land Offices and turned Federal lands over to the BLM.  The livestock industry never recovered.

You can read those newspaper articles on line by looking up the Library of Congress' website, Chronicling America.

Nowadays we know that those horrendous years were the result of sulfides in the atmosphere resulting from the eruption of Krakatoa in 1883.  Sulfides cool the planet by reflecting sunlight back into space.  Volcanos typically produce a one-to-six year cooling.  That's climate change - in this case, it was temporary:  when the volcano stopped polluting, the weather went back to normal.

Edited by Doug1o29, 30 June 2013 - 11:31 PM.

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#32    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

research into the H.A.A.R.P program, which are basically Tesla's idea's beefed up.  There is much conspiracy surrounding this program.

Essentially they try to manipulate the weather for their own ends for a multitude of reasons.  However the environment is supposed to be balanced,
to mess with the weather is to mess with the birds and the bee's or other planet and animal life.  It's as if we caused something to happen to to the inner ear
so that we couldn't find balance.  Without it we would die.

http://www.chacha.co...n-their-balance

The ear is the most important organ amongst all your senses, the organ for your body-balance. The balance-organ in the inner ear controls every muscle of your body. The muscles communicate with the nerve of the balance-organ via the spinal chord. The nerve of the balance-organ collaborates with the nerve of the hearing-organ

#33    karina_28

karina_28

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• "I am the way, the truth and the life", Biblical quote.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

in answer, doug, you're right, people didn't think the world would get destroyed to the extent it has. never before has mankind had the tools, knowledge or the evil intent and ignorance to destroy eco systems to such a point that animals just can't survive - saw a picture of a starved polar bear at the arctic - and there's a lake there now. A LAKE. That's not freezing. People's only explanation for extinct animals is that God got rid of it - but why would He get rid of a species that he'd created? You're right - God doesn't make mistakes. So anything that goes wrong is someone or something else's fault. I can't believe tigers are so endangered - I'd have a pet one!

The truth is, there's a reason God is called the Creator - if Satan or man destroyed something, God can make more. He'll restore the earth, so why not animals? If we're going to believe in anything, believe in God, a Creator who bets his existence on promising to preserve Man and Earth. It's a fact - and a fact that everyone believing will one day soon be rewarded with seeing come true.

I'll answer anything about the supernatural you wanna know, within reason. Knowledge is power. Few deserve such power.
www.jw.org

#34    karina_28

karina_28

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• "I am the way, the truth and the life", Biblical quote.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

True, people are not meant to know when the end will come, but the real question is, what constitutes 'the end'??

I'll answer anything about the supernatural you wanna know, within reason. Knowledge is power. Few deserve such power.
www.jw.org

#35    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

um....death, like jsut....everything, dead

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#36    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yeah probably you should look up H.A.A.R.P.  Watch the movies the Arrival and They Live cause it's relevant and says more than you know that is truly happening in the world.  All animals are tied to the climate, every change even in the slightest is relevant to it's natural cycle. A 2% climate change can send some animals towards their natural hybernation seasons.  It may also interfere with their eating patterns as well.  Pesticides do play a huge role in not only keeping insects off our fruit but also killing some animals or insects that need it's nutrients who also in turn provide specific nutrients to other animals.  We don't live with a system that considers that because some organizations like Monsanto don't like competitors, they want everyone to eat out of their hands and farmers to spend money for their seeds.  There are laws made that are corporation friendly laws so that if say one or more seeds that are from Monsanto are introduced into a field that is not Monsanto, it all automatically becomes their crop.  A sarcastic Yay!

#37    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

I read something interesting about what happens before the earth slides into either a warm spell or a cold spell. It sort of wobbles in between the extremes for a while before going all the way over to one or the other and that's what's supposed to be happening now. We're having extreme weather and extreme cold and extreme heat. Whatever you want to call it, I just wish people would try to be more prepared. It only took about ten years to go into the Little Ice Age that lasted about 400 years. That's not a great deal of time to figure out how to keep people alive and/or save jobs.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#38    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Postnothinglizx2, on 09 August 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

Yeah probably you should look up H.A.A.R.P.  Watch the movies the Arrival and They Live cause it's relevant and says more than you know that is truly happening in the world.  All animals are tied to the climate, every change even in the slightest is relevant to it's natural cycle.

Gonna send people towards an action film starring Rowdy Roddy piper with magic sunglasses for confirmation of science?

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users