Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sleep on your back?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

The Vietnamese who can afford it in my not-so-humble opinion have the idea of sleeping down better than anyone else.  First we have long bolsters that we wrap our arms and legs around (you get one your size when a baby and get bigger ones as you grow up).  Then we have a pillow that shapes itelf to our head.  Then we cool the room so we need a quilt, but don't use fans unless there is no mosquito screening.  Then we make the room absolutely pitch black -- no l.e.d.'s anywhere, and as quiet as possible (no ticking clocks, sound insulation, etc.).  The white noise of a well-maintained fan can help.

We try to follow the Buddha's advice: "Be aware that your bed is not too soft."  (This applies to lots of things besides sleeping).

Also, get up at six or seven every morning, workday or not.  When you go to bed depends on your needs -- sometime between ten and midnight (children at nine and sleep separately).

There is a wonderful Chinese herb (I shouldn't name it here) that helps those who have minor breathing problems and snore.

#17    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,299 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

I generally don't sleep on my back unless I put a pillow or two under my knees.  Otherwise it's not comfortable - it hurts my back.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users