Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Do movies influence UFO sightings ?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 24 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

In some cases you would be right. Close Encounters of the Third Kind Portrayed the Portage County Incident, and even the esteemed J Allen Hynek made a cameo appearance. But largely, I would say it is the other way around.

Have you ever seen "Fire in the Sky" or "The Fourth Kind"?

Not only are they based off UFO abductions, but they are also really good movies that any UFO enthusiast can enjoy...

Edited by Midyin, 25 April 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#62    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sure, it's true, movies are influenced by events.
"The UFO Incident" was a movie based on the events described by Betty and Barney Hill.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0073834/
I saw this premiere on TV when I was a kid.

It warped my fragile little mind. :D

" Although the popular version of events is that Barney Hill's hypnosis description is the first appearance of a so-called gray alien in modern culture, that first appearance actually came twelve days earlier, on national television, in an episode of The Outer Limits called The Bellero Shield."
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4124

Brief scene from "The Bollero Shield":

The Iron Skeptic blog:
http://www.theironsk.../chronology.htm

#63    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,886 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Man How I miss those Black& White Twilight`s :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#64    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 03 April 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

I remember when Close Encounters of the First Kind came out. The UFO craze was astounding. This just so coincides with the Roswell story being dug up. Nearly every 'real story' I have read on here was 'reborn' around this time. Odd that with all the modern technology we have at our disposal there is no real evidence available. (6 BILLION cell phone subscriptions, many with multi-mega pixel cameras for example).
Wasn't Close Encounters Of The Third Kind loosely based off of the whole Roswell Incident. I thought I read that somewhere, I could be mistaken though if so please let me know

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#65    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,886 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 26 April 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Wasn't Close Encounters Of The Third Kind loosely based off of the whole Roswell Incident. I thought I read that somewhere, I could be mistaken though if so please let me know
It was ,I believe based upon the entire UFO  story,Like the Lost Flight in the Triangle,and abductions,the union that people feel about E.T in general ! Just remember your Towel and peanuts !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users